”Trump ‘24 and DeSantis ‘28 and ‘32…that way we get 12 years!”

If only it were that easy. 

Also:

“DeSantis for VP…Trump/DeSantis!” 

They are just as delusional. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

^I do have similar thoughts to this.

Yes, I think the ruling is likely to help Democrats in November. Biden, Pelosi, Newsom, and others have been quick to comment. I'm also concerned that Democrats will push legislation to pack the Supreme Court.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

Yeah, I am doubting this will happen. I have no clue if Trump is going to win back those independents. 

I like Jack, but he’s another cultist. He railed against Hannity for endorsing Dr. Oz just this week, but didn’t say a thing about Trump, who probably put him over the top. Now, he has a 63% disapproval rating in Pennsylvania. Both Hannity and Trump argued he was the most “electable” candidate in the primary. 

Trump’s base is really something else. Someone on Twitter said we need Trump to fight back against McConnell, and that DeSantis wouldn’t. I had to remind him of this (he won’t care).

idcwys2.png

https://www.teammitch.com/president-trump-endorses-mitch-mcconnell/

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I like Jack, but he’s another cultist. He railed against Hannity for endorsing Dr. Oz just this week, but didn’t say a thing about Trump, who probably put him over the top. Now, he has a 63% disapproval rating in Pennsylvania. Both Hannity and Trump argued he was the most “electable” candidate in the primary. 

Trump’s base is really something else. Someone on Twitter said we need Trump to fight back against McConnell, and that DeSantis wouldn’t. I had to remind him of this (he won’t care).

idcwys2.png

https://www.teammitch.com/president-trump-endorses-mitch-mcconnell/

It seems Trump typically endorses the candidate he thinks can win—as long as that person hasn't directly crossed him. McConnell denounced Trump for January 6 but voted to acquit him in the impeachment trial. If McConnell had voted guilty instead, I doubt Trump would be backing him.

Interesting day in American politics.

Honestly a lot of what I've seen from young, left-leaning Americans is an overwhelming feeling of disgust. Basically an overall feeling of "we never really liked the Democratic party, but we were told to vote for them to stop stuff like this from happening. So we did and it changed nothing". Not sure what these people vote for in 2024, but it's clear that the Democrats can't lure them in on promises to stop the Republican party agenda from moving forward, so is there really any reason to vote for them at all?

Anyway, may as well target same-sex marriage next, keep the train going until you've finally reached the 1950s again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bswanson said:

I think it may help dems polls show most americans favored Roe 

Theoretically, it should help the Democrats. This day actually happened under their controlled government though.

Interesting take by Kyle Kulinski three weeks ago at 6:49 where he mentioned the scrapping of Roe V. Wade. My politics don't align with him but it's intriguing to hear what he had to say about it briefly.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Honestly a lot of what I've seen from young, left-leaning Americans is an overwhelming feeling of disgust. Basically an overall feeling of "we never really liked the Democratic party, but we were told to vote for them to stop stuff like this from happening. So we did and it changed nothing". Not sure what these people vote for in 2024, but it's clear that the Democrats can't lure them in on promises to stop the Republican party agenda from moving forward, so is there really any reason to vote for them at all?

Anyway, may as well target same-sex marriage next, keep the train going until you've finally reached the 1950s again.

Regardless of a person's stance on these issues, it's important to recognize that the Supreme Court ruling did not make abortion illegal. It merely returned the decision to the states. Sixteen states and the District of Columbia already have laws allowing abortion. Anyone who wants an abortion can still obtain one in those places—even if every other state eventually passes laws banning the procedure, which is unlikely to happen.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-23-at-10.03.29-AM.pn

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

You’ve probably noticed, but Biden tends to do much worse with younger voters in the polling. The boomers rate him the highest, which doesn’t make sense to me, but it has consistently been the case. Overall, he’s polling on average in the high 30s. Take a look at this Reuters poll. It’s a D+8 sample, yet he only managed 36%. I suspect we’re going to see some polls in the 20s in the not too distant future. He’s even losing women, college educated, and suburban voters. He is beyond finished. 

• Like 1

Regarding the impact on the midterms…I don’t think it will make much of a difference. Some on the left may be more likely to show up to the polls, but there are probably just as many on the right motivated by the decision. Its also pretty far down the list of issues Americans are most concerned about, according to polls. Those who rank this issue at or near the top are probably more politically active, and would show up either way in November. 

• Like 1

There is something fundamentally flawed with American polling that I still can't figure out. Compared to Canadian federal polling, which is damn near perfect.

My guess is that the disenfranchised left-leaning young adults stay at home, or spoil their ballot. Third party is always a good protest vote....what's Jill Stein up to these days?

32 minutes ago, bswanson said:

^ polls may show that now but a lot can change Nov is still pretty far away, and if past elections taught us anything its that you really cnat trust polls. we will know for sure on election night 

$5 per gallon gas, and the highest rate of  inflation in 40 years is what the overwhelming majority of voters will be thinking about when they cast their votes in November. Democrats have no accomplishments to run on. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, ButterflyEffect said:

There is something fundamentally flawed with American polling that I still can't figure out. Compared to Canadian federal polling, which is damn near perfect.

My guess is that the disenfranchised left-leaning young adults stay at home, or spoil their ballot. Third party is always a good protest vote....what's Jill Stein up to these days?

Poll respondents might not represent a proper mixture of voters at both ends of the political spectrum and in the middle. Considering the political climate the past couple of years, I think some Republicans and conservatives might be hesitant to express their true beliefs or even speak with pollsters. Democrats, moderates, and independents probably have fewer concerns about providing honest answers. It seems liberals and progressives feel comfortable sharing their opinions and views.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sneaky said:

If a fetus has full human rights then I guarantee we're going to see financially disadvantged women who miscarry charged with murder.

This is why theocracies are bad.

Miscarriages are not intentional or premeditated.

• Like 1