The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

😬 

He was way over the top (still is), but I don’t have an opinion on the matter. Would I personally charge him? No, I would not. I do believe, however, that it negatively affects his electability. I started getting bored with this on 1/7/21, and don’t really want it front and center for the next 2 1/2 years, and his talking about the “stolen election” every time he speaks isn’t going to help either. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Hyporcrisy and projection thy name is conservative Republican. Like, wtf??

https://www.thedailybeast.com/herschel-walker-critic-of-absentee-dads-admits-to-yet-another-secret-son

Just because one conservative does something wrong doesn't mean every conservative is guilty of the same thing. Besides, no human—conservative, moderate, or liberal—is perfect.

In politics, it's often necessary to set mistakes in a candidate's private life aside and vote for the person you feel is offering the best solutions for the problems of the city, state, or nation. Doing so doesn't mean you condone all of their actions.

Conservatives who voted for Donald Trump don't agree with everything he says or does, but they believed he was the best presidential option on the ballot.

I doubt liberals, Democrats, or others who voted for Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden like absolutely every detail about the three men. Yet people chose to support them anyway because they thought they were the best nominee or (especially in the case of Biden) didn't want to vote for their opponent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m sure I’d vote for Walker if I lived in GA, but honestly…he’s an awful candidate. Republicans need that seat. 

Yeah. I was replying to the conservative Republican comment by @sneaky and speaking about candidates in general, not Walker specifically.

Democratic Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul became New York's first female governor on 08/24/21, after Governor Andrew Cuomo resigned. Governor Hochul is seeking a full term in November.

U.S. Representative Tom Suozzi and New York City Public Advocate Jumaane Williams are challenging her in the June 28 Democratic gubernatorial primary, with the incumbent considered the frontrunner. Rob Astorino, Andrew Giuliani, Harry Wilson, and U.S. Representative Lee Zeldin are competing in the Republican primary election.

https://www.racetothewh.com/governor/newyork

https://crowdwisdom.live/us-politics/new-york-governor-race-2022-polls

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/new-york-2022-zeldin-hochul-matchup-likely-for-new-york-governor-s-seat

https://nypost.com/2022/06/16/lee-zeldin-is-the-best-bet-for-governor-to-save-new-york

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-gubernatorial-candidate-lee-zeldin-says-losing-race-not-an-option

Edited by RTV

Emerson College Polling (linked above) found that 67% of Democratic primary voters in NY approve of the job President Biden is doing, 26% disapprove, and 7% are unsure. The president has an 83% disapproval and a 15% approval rating among Republican voters in the state.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m sure I’d vote for Walker if I lived in GA, but honestly…he’s an awful candidate. Republicans need that seat. 

One thing's for sure, it's going to be close between him and Warnock. But in all honestly, the senate has been more or so iffy to flip than the house so I'll not be surprised if the Republicans lose that seat come November. 

Edited by Gmm99

2 hours ago, RTV said:

Yeah. I was replying to the conservative Republican comment by @sneaky and speaking about candidates in general, not Walker specifically.

I know. Sneaky throws things like that out there about once a week or so. He doesn’t like Democrats either, except for Bernie Sanders, as far as I can tell, but he still votes for them for the reasons you laid out. It’s also the reason I voted for Trump last time, despite the fact that I don’t like him. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, RTV said:

Just because one conservative does something wrong doesn't mean every conservative is guilty of the same thing. Besides, no human—conservative, moderate, or liberal—is perfect.

In politics, it's often necessary to set mistakes in a candidate's private life aside and vote for the person you feel is offering the best solutions for the problems of the city, state, or nation. Doing so doesn't mean you condone all of their actions.

Conservatives who voted for Donald Trump don't agree with everything he says or does, but they believed he was the best presidential option on the ballot.

I doubt liberals, Democrats, or others who voted for Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden like absolutely every detail about the three men. Yet people chose to support them anyway because they thought they were the best nominee or (especially in the case of Biden) didn't want to vote for their opponent.

Its the blatant hypocrisy. No one  is perfect but him and his punky son have popped off on numerous occasions about absentee black men and broken families. Yet his own family is one of the most effed up out there. Its a pattern with these " wholesome values" types that they are the worst offenders. Its a trait of narcissistic personality disorder and moderately sociopathic 

Another poll. 

ENlamFj.png

The Cernovich poll is still going. DeSantis is leading that one 72-28 of the people who voted for either DeSantis or Trump (not including the “Just show results” option). 

I’ll be honest, I’m surprised DeSantis is that far ahead on those polls. I’ve seen some others in the past few days with similar results. I will say the Trump supporters are much louder, and more aggressive on Twitter than the DeSantis people. 😂 Honestly,  most conservatives on Twitter seem to like both of them. 

Edited by TeamAudra

27 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Its the blatant hypocrisy. No one  is perfect but him and his punky son have popped off on numerous occasions about absentee black men and broken families. Yet his own family is one of the most effed up out there. Its a pattern with these " wholesome values" types that they are the worst offenders. Its a trait of narcissistic personality disorder and moderately sociopathic 

When I heard about these other kids, I facepalmed. His son, Christian is very entertaining, if I’m being honest. 😂 

You should be happy, because that race is a toss-up, when it should have been solid Republican. 

• Like 1

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2022/04/17/oklahoma-governor-race-candidates-challenge-gov-kevin-stitt-2022-election/7274744001

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/election-2022-state-leaders-making-their-bid-for-oklahoma-governor

Since becoming a state in 1907, Oklahoma has had six Republican governors: Henry Bellmon 1963-1967, Dewey Bartlett 1967-1971, Henry Bellmon 1987-1991, Frank Keating 1995-2003, Mary Fallin 2011-2019, and Kevin Stitt 2019-present.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governors_of_Oklahoma

Edited by RTV

14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

😬 

He was way over the top (still is), but I don’t have an opinion on the matter. Would I personally charge him? No, I would not. I do believe, however, that it negatively affects his electability. I started getting bored with this on 1/7/21, and don’t really want it front and center for the next 2 1/2 years, and his talking about the “stolen election” every time he speaks isn’t going to help either. 

I agree. I wouldn't charge Trump with a crime for his rhetoric; however, Trump and all of our country's leaders need to be cautious in their words and reactions to situations.

Trump should leave the 2020 election in the past. The poll's findings are a predictable result of the televised U.S. House select committee hearings. Democrats should stop mischaracterizing January 6 and obsessing over it. Everyone should focus on solving the current problems facing the U.S.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

When I heard about these other kids, I facepalmed. His son, Christian is very entertaining, if I’m being honest. 😂 

You should be happy, because that race is a toss-up, when it should have been solid Republican. 

Georgia is a swing state now so Herschel is doing pretty well.

Most of the Republican candidates in Georgia are actually mentally unhinged (Walker, who has dissasociative identity disorder, MTG). I would be so embarrased if I was a Georgia voter

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

Georgia is a swing state now so Herschel is doing pretty well.

Most of the Republican candidates in Georgia are actually mentally unhinged (Walker, who has dissasociative identity disorder, MTG). I would be so embarrased if I was a Georgia voter

Trump turned it into a swing state.  MTG is just the Republican version of AOC and a bunch of other whack jobs in the Democrat Party.   If they vote the right way, and oppose bad policy, I can tolerate a few of those, but don’t say stupid shit that helps the other side. There are actually people out there who think that makes me a RINO. :haha: 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2