The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

5 hours ago, sneaky said:

So don't let them fool you the right loves cancel culture and tribalism too

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-restaurant-anti-biden-posters-b1939292.html

Oh, I saw someone driving yesterday with a "F*** Biden" flag out his sunroof, he was holding the flag with one hand and driving with the other. That's crazy town. You can think Biden is a weak, ineffective leader and still continue living your own life. Thinking we elected the wrong person doesn't have to dominate your life. I feel bad for that guy, it's serious but invest your time differently. Support candidates at the local level that are advocating positions on issues you care about. The tribalism doesn't feel good, ultimately. But when you're being assaulted by someone else verbally, it's tough to not engage. It really is. 

Yesterday (10/18/21), hundreds of Southwest Airlines employees protested in front of Southwest Airlines headquarters in Dallas TX. Today, Southwest changed its position on the vaccine mandate, allowing for more accommodation to employees applying for exemption.

https://twitter.com/DrewHLive/status/1450108114964033541

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1450451004151980032

• Like 2

Source

YlU0koO.png

San Francisco shut down one location a few days ago because they refused to check for vax status of customers. They serve everyone. That location is now open but no indoor dining.

From the article:

“As a company, In-N-Out Burger strongly believes in the highest form of customer service and to us that means serving all customers who visit us and making all customers feel welcome,” he said in a statement emailed to MarketWatch. “We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government. It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

This is a long thread of tweets. Here are the first two. Probably the worst thing I’ve read regarding masks. Apparently, DeSantis found out about it yesterday, and is having a press conference about it (and other issues ) today, and the according to some tweets, the girls dad is speaking at the press conference. Just awful. There better be several firings over this. 

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, monkshood said:

I'm glad that Durham is finally going after lawbreakers after years of investigation. But majority of Americans have no idea these investigations are going and the media will not talk about anything that could lead to trouble for democrats.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

This is a long thread of tweets. Here are the first two. Probably the worst thing I’ve read regarding masks. Apparently, DeSantis found out about it yesterday, and is having a press conference about it (and other issues ) today, and the according to some tweets, the girls dad is speaking at the press conference. Just awful. There better be several firings over this. 

Forcing kids, any kid, to wear masks for hours on end is child abuse. 

• Like 1

He’s not well.  I suspect it will be a while before his handlers allow him to take questions again. BTW, Anderson Cooper is a joke, and I’m sure it was arranged as a softball interview. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This could be an isolated situation, or it's going on in different hospitals all over the country --

TJcJy0T.png

Source

It's a long article but very informative. Here's an excerpt with the first few paragraphs [emphasis added]:

Ventura County nurses from differ­ent sectors and specialties are coming forward to blow the whistle on what they deem serious lapses in local health care practices, mostly related to COVID-re­lated protocols, “vaccine” mandates and politically and financially motivated bul­lying of medical staff, which these health care workers say is seriously compromis­ing the general quality of local care.

The Guardian spoke with multiple nurses of various ages and at different stages in their careers, all of whom work in medical care settings or hospitals in Ven­tura County. Each preferred to speak un­der a pseudonym for now. Each described seriously declining standards of care, at­mospheres of intimidation and fear in hospitals, and distrust and disillusionment among medical professionals.

“Before COVID, nurses, staff and the community were confident in treatment modalities and in doctors’ competencies,” says one nurse. But now, “People are con­fused.”

“They’re very confused,” agrees a veter­an Ventura County nurse. “I think doctors are confused. … I don’t think the commu­nity’s confident. I’m not. … Because where’s the truth?”

Most shocking, perhaps, is how doctors and administrators refuse to re­port the rising number of unexplained medical problems in otherwise healthy people as potential adverse reactions to COVID-19 experimental vaccine shots. To suggest that these shots are the cause of any medical problem — or that they are contributing to the alarming rise in non-COVID-related hospital popula­tions — invites professional ridicule.

“Nobody is considering that [these medical problems] could be vaccine-re­lated,” says an ICU nurse in a county hospital. “It’s not even in question. You might as well say you want to start treat­ing people with crystals and burning sage. If you say it’s the vaccine, they look at you and say, ‘It’s the safest thing ever produced. Why would you say that?’”

Yet, doctors are at a loss to explain the increase in non-COVID-related ailments, including a reported increase in heart at­tacks in young people, mainly men, who received the COVID-19 vaccines.

Doctors “just chalk it up to genes,” one nurse says.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

A compilation video of media reports about different pharmaceutical companies that were fined for fraud, back when the media and democrats were not Big Pharma promoters.

https://rumble.com/vo4st4-pharmaceutical-fraud-compilation.html

Anderson Cooper: If Pfizer is too big to fail and even the biggest fine in history [$3 Billion] is just a few months profit, what's gonna stop it from illegally promoting other drugs.

Holy shit, this is disturbing. They even cut out the vocal cords of the dogs so they didn’t have to deal with barking. I’m already seeing liberals trying to rationalize it too. Remember how upset people were about the military dogs left behind in Afghanistan? Imagine if this story gets traction. I can guarantee if Fauci wasn’t a darling of the left, this would be big news already. Let’s see where it goes. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Sad 1