The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Airlines updates --

Southwest protest on Monday, 10/18/21

Southwest CEO lies statement:

Here's an insightful article about the Southwest situation.

4NVub9A.png

Excerpt:

"This action by the Southwest pilots is not designed to attract attention. It is designed to use economic leverage to compel Southwest to change course. The pilots are not saying they want a conversation. They are saying that if Southwest does not change its policy, they will destroy the company."

Meanwhile, at United Airlines:

AiiiCRs.png

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, season1 said:

Healthcare workers, law enforcement, airline workers -- their push back is encouraging to see. Maybe America is not totally lost yet. 

A small symbol of defiance - another Gadsden flag on an airplane.

QlppfZT.png

Right. Also…the handful of NBA basketball players standing their ground. 

On the mandates on private business…I’m starting to believe that’s a non-starter. Biden is just hoping the large companies get in line. 

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Unfortunately, Abbott will probably lose this battle. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Right. Also…the handful of NBA basketball players standing their ground. 

On the mandates on private business…I’m starting to believe that’s a non-starter. Biden is just hoping the large companies get in line. 

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Unfortunately, Abbott will probably lose this battle. 

Or Biden just gave cover to large companies that want to impose the mandate. 

As for the rest of companies with 100+ employees, once OSHA issues the guidelines, several State AGs are going to challenge it in court.

SWA and AA can act tough but we shall see how tough they are when December comes and 1/3 or more of their flights are grounded from lack of pilots and other workers. For those who plan to travel this holiday season, you might want to have alternate travel plans. Air travel would be a nightmare if this game of chicken between airlines and their employees continues.

Edited by season1

6 hours ago, season1 said:

Or Biden just gave cover to large companies that want to impose the mandate. 

As for the rest of companies with 100+ employees, once OSHA issues the guidelines, several State AGs are going to challenge it in court.

SWA and AA can act tough but we shall see how tough they are when December comes and 1/3 or more of their flights are grounded from lack of pilots and other workers. For those who plan to travel this holiday season, you might want to have alternate travel plans. Air travel would be a nightmare if this game of chicken between airlines and their employees continues.

The airlines are “government contractors,” which is part of the Biden mandate. Maybe the airlines should just let their government contracts go? It’s all a big mess created by one man…Joe Biden. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

So Sad to hear about Aussie. I've been there and it was a wonderful country superior to America--at one time at least

I was about to respond to “superior to America,” in light of what they are doing to their people right now, but I look at what’s going on here, and I have no counter-argument at the moment. 

Edited by TeamAudra

The Democrats need someone that's authentic and they need that person soon. I'm not just saying it because Biden's on the ropes either. Does anyone feel the same? 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

The Democrats need someone that's authentic and they need that person soon. I'm not just saying it because Biden's on the ropes either. Does anyone feel the same? 

They don’t seem to have anyone sane who could win a national election. The only reason Biden won is because Trump was his opponent.