2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

13 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Aly Reisman

Alexandra Reisman is one of my least favorite gymnasts to appear on the show, if not my least favorite. 

giphy.gif

Don’t forget that Mary Lou Retton exists. :haha:😛 

• Like 1

Just now, *Wallace said:

Mary Lou should be everyone's easy least favorite gymnast from this show. 😘 

Although Aly would be my 2nd least favorite, though I do really like her.

its a toss up between Aly and Nastia for me.  I go back and forth on who I dislike more frequently when I think about DWTS.

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

:rolleyes:

Aly and Nastia are better than Mary Lou in every conceivable way.

certainly better dancers.  But likeability-wise up for debate.  I found them both pretty unlikable over their respective seasons.  

4 minutes ago, Solaris said:

certainly better dancers.  But likeability-wise up for debate.  I found them both pretty unlikable over their respective seasons.  

And how is Mary Lou liakabe???????????

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

And how is Mary Lou liakabe???????????

why are you jumping down my throat.  I  didnt like Aly or Nastia.  I am indifferent to Mary Lou?  In that context I liked her more on the show then I liked either of them.  

Just now, Solaris said:

I cant speak to that, so I don't tune in for stuff like that.  

Lol well everyone can rank for whatever reason they want, but don't call someone who defend Larry Nassar more likable than a victim of his.

10 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Didn't MLR defend the rapists in the gymnastics field??

Yep. She said terrible things about Simone Biles, so then DWTS turned around and partnered her with Sasha Farber.

Essentially after the Nassar stuff came out there was an overwhelmingly popular bill that was going to be passed (and eventually was with huge bipartisan support) for expanding protections for athletes, especially young ones. Again it wasn’t a perfect bill but it was a good start.

Like many organizations that have a culture of fostering abuse (Boy Scouts, The Catholic Church, etc) USA Gymnastics opposed this bill because it required higher standards for the organization and broader coverage of SafeSports and mandatory reporting in suspected abuse and molestation cases. Though not explicitly, they met with congresspeople to talk about how good their regulations and protections already were and how this bill was unnecessary. Mary Lou Retton was one of the USAG representatives sent to meet with congresspeople.

Mary Lou Retton was given an opportunity to support the bill and explicitly turned that opportunity down to be a spokesperson for USAG and the Karolyis. Essentially promoting their line that USAG could not be held responsible for the rampant culture of sexual abuse they fostered. And propping up their claim that they had no idea this was happening despite 27 of 31 gymnasts who made the national team between 2011-2016 having been confirmed victims of Nassar. Her own Olympic Team Coach from 1984 was suspended for life due to sexual misconduct and Mary Lou Retton has always taken USAG’s side over other gymnasts. Even when many other Of the most prominent gymnasts from her era To modern days were advocating for change and reform with USAG. In fact Mary Lou Retton is the only big name who routinely sided with USAG.

So she didn’t necessarily support Larry Nassar, but she supports and helps propagate the systems that allowed him to thrive.

ETA: the only gymnast between the 2012 and 2016 gymnastics Olympics teams who didn’t come forward as a victim of Larry Nassar was Laurie Hernandez. So USAG is claiming that they had no idea of the widespread abuse and also that at the same time that they are a competent enough organization to prevent this if they had ever known. The absurdity in that!

Edited by totes4totes

She also claimed before the 2016 Olympics that Biles couldn’t be considered best in the world because she didn’t have an Olympic gold medal. Lol. Despite the fact that at that time Biles has already essentially destroyed every record and was the biggest favorite going into the Olympics there ever was. 

Erika Jayne

Image result for erika gleb

Erika Jayne, best known for being on the Real Housewives franchise (The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills, to be exact) as well as a singer, was on Season 22 of Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with Gleb Savchenko, who is one of the Russian I don’t like due to the fact that he mostly choreographs sexual dances for all of his partners (and it really annoys me to be honest, as it is boring and so predictable). Anyway, back to Erika’s run on the show, she started off with a Cha-Cha, that the judges find too sexy, then a salsa (or is it the other way around, I don’t know) that the judges also find too sexy. She was okay, however there were way too many good female celebrities that season, which made her go off the radar. However, I don’t find her memorable at all and shocked that she has made it this far in the rankdown, which is why I am cutting her here.

SAVING: Jodie Sweetin