***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

45 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It is, that’s why I posted it yesterday. 😉

Good picture, though. 

Yes, unfortunately, it was done already when I realised Chevel was talking about that same article.  So, yes, ooops.  I only saw her tweet about it a few minutes ago & it was new(ish) well, 7 hours ago, anyway now.  Yes, it is a really fine photo.

Edited by Drew1903
  • Like 2

Chevel is in a recording studio today, with her guitar, which is what I like to see. This is in Albuquerque. She’s also there to film a commercial, but I’m not sure what it’s for. 

3HQUsOx.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMSo_0BFiq2/?igshid=18soip196024e

aKUqe1U.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMS1oy1FPCP/?igshid=luhslqp9kq7u

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

More lost content from the platform changeover.....

Chevel’s “Be Cowboy” video for the PBR tour. 

I’ve never understood this, but this was released to some New Mexico Music channel with 128 subscribers, never promoted by PBR or Chevel (not even once), yet somehow has over 40K views. There are only two videos on that channel. This one, and another with only 126 views. I’m just going to assume PBR decided not to use the video. How it got posted on that random channel is a mystery. 

Anyway, for those who may be new fans, or just weren’t familiar with it, Chevel recorded the theme song for the Professional Bullriders Tour, and it supposedly gets played on the CBS broadcasts (although I’ll confess I’ve never once watched it) and at tour events. She’s also performed at several events, including the World Finals. She was set to do a lot more with them last year, but due to the pandemic, they couldn’t have fans, and her shows were cancelled. 

She recorded this solo version, and a duet version with Eddie Montgomery of Montgomery Gentry. Both are on iTunes and streaming services. The solo version is much better, btw. ;)

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drew1903 said:

And Be Cowboy is, also, on the EP.

RWHExqO.png

The articles that have been written don’t mention it. Maybe just the CD version. It’s not on the iTunes preorder either. 

Edited by TeamAudra

My copy (I don't really know whether to say EP or CD) has 8 tracks and includes Be Cowboy... as I think about it (the case is in the car, right now) it may be a sort of 'bonus track' that maybe isn't on the March 26 release.  Never thought about it before & I'm really not sure. They could possibly be different than what I bought from Chevel,, I often forget it was almost a year ago, now.  I remember some shipping concerns suddenly arose right when I bought it.... Julie wrote to me because it all was when Covid first hit & I had just purchased it.  Took a couple of weeks or something if I recall until they could ship internationally, including to Canada.

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMX_5qnFdjb/?igshid=1dlw7aqk51gx9
Cover of “Someone Like You” by Adele. 

Nice! Was just about to post. I think that’s the first time I can recall her covering Adele. Adele is tough, but Chevel’s style is unique enough that she doesn’t have to sing it like her to make it work. That’s why she’s able to pull off “All Of Me” and a bunch of the other ones she’s done too. She makes everything her own. Once again, she emotes well in this one too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMX_5qnFdjb/?igshid=1dlw7aqk51gx9
Cover of “Someone Like You” by Adele. 

Another powerful, emotion cover from her. She makes any style/genre sound great with her voice. It brought me great joy to see someone ask Chevel to also do a Spanish cover. That one cover of a Spanish song seems to have attracted a new group of fans, which is always great to see! 

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Another powerful, emotion cover from her. She makes any style/genre sound great with her voice. It brought me great joy to see someone ask Chevel to also do a Spanish cover. That one cover of a Spanish song seems to have attracted a new group of fans, which is always great to see! 

This cover is very popular so far, on both IG and Facebook. Some are saying it’s the best she’s ever done...on a Adele song of all things. Who would have guessed? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Chevel went live last night and saved it to her IGTV channel. She didn't sing in it, but it was pretty good for a laugh. There was a bit of misadventure regarding dyeing her friend Anna's eyebrows. Chevel was trying to get some help from her viewers to fix it, even the suggestions were funny. Poor Anna.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMWM764Fbgc/

I caught most of that live, and following along with the comments, it was one of the funniest things I’ve seen a long time. It’s almost like an SNL skit. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I caught most of that live, and following along with the comments, it was one of the funniest things I’ve seen a long time. It’s almost like an SNL skit. 

Oh wow, I guess I’ll have to watch it then! :haha:

• Like 1

Ok, I just listened to "Someone Like You". She took my breath away. I, actually, made some notes... Certainly, have heard many do this song, including Adele. I have always preferred Adele, but this takes the cake.  Back to my notes...  her vibrato is stunning, she's sliding notes so beautifully and hitting crazy notes effortlessly, her dynamics are extraordinary, the passion projected, incredible control vocally and her breathing or lack of it is amazing & so subtle and the wee moment of grit that I didn't even know she had in the arsenal of voice she has. I am, really, not surprised at Folks saying it's her best, yet.  Genre be damned, what Chevel can do transcends any pigeon-hole or expectation.  I have given a lot of these to Danielle and here is a huge WOW for Chevel❗👍👍👏  Chevel's is the best version of "Someone Like You" I have ever heard.

Edited by Drew1903

33 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:Chevel's is the best version of "Someone Like You" I have ever heard.

Well, there are many people saying they prefer Chevel’s version to Adele’s, so you’re not alone!

This is one of those covers that requires several listens to catch all of the nuances of her voice. The biggest thing for me is the emotion she puts into it, which as I’ve mentioned before is a relatively new development for her. Honestly, that was a weakness of hers on The Voice. Now, it’s a strength! She’s either projecting something she actually feels, or it’s her acting skills on display. Or both....  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angeles said:

That was an amazing & emotional cover from Chevel, she never fails to impress! 

She sure did not fail impress, this time.  It is both mind-blowing and mind-boggling.  I'll suggest this will even further broaden her fan-base.