***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

Here’s an article about Chevel’s friend who auditioned on AI last night. she’s been more involved in his career that I had thought, and it all started because  he did a cover of “Broken Hearts,” and she noticed it. 

—-

As his American Idol journey continues, he’s getting guidance from young New Mexico singer, Chevel Shepherd, who won another singing competition, The Voice, in 2018. 

“It’s nice having another person that’s gone through the same thing, in the same state, basically the same age,” Sukarno said. “she’s helped with everything. she’s given me confidence and kind of like showed me direction where I should go to towards music.” The two did an Instagram Live after part Sukarno’s audition aired Sunday night. 

https://www.krqe.com/entertainment-news/las-cruces-native-chile-farmer-moves-forward-in-tv-singing-competition/

• Like 1

Here’s another article on her EP. 

https://www.soundslikenashville.com/music/chevel-shepherd-ep-everybodys-got-somebody/

——

Here’s an update on her movie, “Wildfire.” They’re having a buyers screening at the Cannes Film Festival in July. Seems like it will be a while before it gets released. From what I’ve been able to gather, Hannover House is not in a good place financially, so it’s probably good for someone else to take this over. Hopefully, it gets released some day. The article has a good summary of the plot and some photos. 

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2021/03/hannover-house-sets-wildfire-buyers.html?m=1

I haven’t seen anything new on the other movie yet. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

Seems Chevel and her team are getting ready! That music video for “Good Boy” is going to be key. I suspect there’s a reason they held that one back for the EP release. Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, it’s the most marketable song on the EP. 

The 2nd picture is from a photoshoot she did yesterday for Rock and Roll Denim. 

7ne0SwY.jpg

378LDJ4.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Wow, Kacey helped write two of the songs on there! 🤩 

Yeah, that’s amazing. I think that’s the musical direction she seems to be leaning. Maybe a cross between Kacey and Maddie & Tae style. This EP features a little bit of everything, and it sounds like that was by design. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angeles said:

I’m so excited for the release of Good Boy, I love that style of music and Chevel can make anything sound good! 

The best thing about that song is it is relatable, and will appeal all ages, but especially younger people! That’s what’s she needs. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Seems Chevel and her team are getting ready! That music video for “Good Boy” is going to be key. I suspect there’s a reason they held that one back for the EP release. Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, it’s the most marketable song on the EP. 

The 2nd picture is from a photoshoot she did yesterday for Rock and Roll Denim. 

7ne0SwY.jpg

378LDJ4.jpg

Chevel looking bada** as well! Can't wait to hear her slaying it as always.

• Like 2

It is fun to see everything regarding the (new) EP and much commenting about it... Having had it & been listening to it, playing it myself for so long and for most others they are just arriving to the party now.  Maybe nobody will see why I have a wee chuckle over it.  I've known them as great songs (& who wrote them) for a long time, at least it feels like it has been.  It's exciting having it officially released now & seeing other people respond to it & enjoy it.  Chevel will do well from it, too.  It will be very well received.

I think it’s brilliant how she’s repackaging this, when 5 of the 7 songs have already been released to iTunes and streaming platforms and the signed CD has been for sale on her website for almost a year, and she sold a boatload of those. She’s getting a lot of mileage out of these 7 songs.  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

An article from her local paper, and some quotes from Chevel about the EP and video for “Good Boy.”  

——

About the video:

....The video for the single "Good Boy" features Shepherd and Charlie Gillespie, the Canadian actor who stars in the Netflix series "Julie and the Phantoms." Shepherd said it follows a "dating through the ages" theme. But the element that is likely to make local viewer sit up and take notice, aside from Shepherd's presence, is the prominent part so many easily recognizable local businesses play in it.

Scenes for the video were shot at the Rock n Roller Rink, Bowlero Lanes and at TJ's Diner in Farmington, while additional footage was shot in Durango, Colorado.

"I know those smaller businesses have been struggling (during the COVID-19 pandemic)," Shepherd said, describing the fondness she feels for those establishments. "And they're good friends of ours, as well."....

About her acting career:

.....has continued to branch out into acting. She anticipates that the final scenes for her debut film "Wildfire" will be shot this year with an eye toward a late 2021 release, and she joined Gillespie in Los Angeles last October to work on a Kenny Ortega-directed production of the rock musical "Hair."

Shepherd said she found that experience very much to her liking.

"I love to sing and dance," she said. "That's an atmosphere I could thrive in."....

Last, but not least...Starstruck by Kacey (who can blame her):

....Shepherd said she had the chance to meet Musgraves that year when they both attended the ACM Awards. Shepherd was walking the red carpet with her mentor and friend Clarkson, and Clarkson stopped to introduce her to Musgraves. Shepherd acknowledged being a little starstruck and said she didn't remember much about their conversation, but she was struck by Musgraves' approachability....

There’s a lot more.  Full article: 

https://www.daily-times.com/story/news/local/2021/03/05/chevel-shepherd-album-release-seven-song-ep-march-farmington-artist/4595250001/

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know the song, but Chevel slayed it. And the emotion she put into it....WOW!!! It is powerful. 

”July” - Noah Cyrus

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMFoITJl5sK/?igshid=182ll52uqdrds

OMG, this I was so beautiful! 🥺❤️ The song sounded beautiful with Chevel’s voice on it. I think this cover will appeal to Chevel’s younger fanbase.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

OMG, this I was so beautiful! 🥺❤️ The ding sounded beautiful with Chevel’s voice on it. I think this cover will appeal to Chevel’s younger fanbase.

It’s one of those where I see the title and don’t get excited about it, but after listening (and watching) it’s a wow factor. She continues to add to her arsenal. 

• Like 2

In regard to July:

HOLY CR@P this sonically & vocally absolutely superb. The sound Chevel gave to this lovely melody is a divine delivery, a fine definition of BEST. So warm, full, rich & smooth, to listen & hear her; it is a pleasant & pleasing treasure

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

OMG, this I was so beautiful! 🥺❤️ The song sounded beautiful with Chevel’s voice on it. I think this cover will appeal to Chevel’s younger fanbase.

Maybe.  I'm old & I like it, but what do I know... I'm old 🤣