***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

20 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Chevel is live on Instagram again.

She’s definitely doing more on social media lately. I think she’s pretty excited about her new, growing fanbase of young people, as she should be. She’s interacting with them quite a bit on Twitter too...playing games and such. She fits right in with that demographic. Obviously, the video will grow it more, and hopefully, an acting gig with Kenny Ortega and this group is in the works. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

“I’m a Ramblin’ Man” - Waylon Jennings. 

This is slayage. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLhuwDql2Dq/?igshid=141k7i1rc5g36

I always love how she can use her vibrato in the right places to not make it annoying. She makes her technique looks so effortless, I'd run out of breath and fall off-key lol.

• Like 2

She is consistent. Terrific as always.  I never really noticed before, but there are some damn low notes in RM & to keep power when going that low is not an ability all singers have.  Has her braces, again.  Her long curly hair is so cool, tool.  Lots of special stuff to Chevel.  It doesn't seem to be in YT yet this time.

47 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I always love how she can use her vibrato in the right places to not make it annoying. She makes her technique looks so effortless, I'd run out of breath and fall off-key lol.

She has lots of subtle vocal tricks, including the many different ways she can use her vibrato. I think she’s just scratching the surface of how good she can be. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Here’s the YouTube video...

The part at 1:12 and same later in the song... “you better move....” with the vibrato. 😍 

Everyone of her songs and covers has these unique parts that stand out, and I find myself going back to listen just to hear those again. 

• Like 2

Saw this comment under her “I’m a

Ramblin Man” cover on Facebook, and looked at his bio. He was Waylon’s steel guitar player and producer. That’s high praise coming from him. He’s also worked with Stapleton. 

The video seems like it’s starting to go viral a little. 234K views in a couple days isn’t too bad. Facebook loves this cover.  

rHLZYIF.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

Yes, considering the source... WOW❗ Is that ever high praise❗ No kidding❗

Yes. I googled him. He’s somewhat of a legend. He’s only 58 years old, yet has worked with Waylon, Willie, Dixie Chicks, Highwaymen, Stapleton, etc. The list goes on and on. He’s sought after for studio recordings. Both of his parents were in Hank Williams Sr.’s band. When this guy says you’re good, it carries a lot of weight. I suppose someone he knows saw Chevel’s cover and sent it to him. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/an-ode-to-robby-turner-country-musics-man-of-steel/

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, CaptainOggy6320 said:

It looks like Chevel is becoming one of the more popular contestants coming out of The Voice, and I love that for her. She seems to know her audience and how the music industry works, which is impressive given how young she is.

She still has a ways to go, but she’s growing her following, post-show, which isn’t easy to do. It’s just a matter of time before something sticks, whether it’s in music, acting or both. It will happen, as long as she keeps working. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Ugh yes, I love it! ❤️ Will definitely be tuning in to that. 

I looked at his Instagram. He’s from New Mexico and posted a cover of “Broken Hearts” a couple weeks after she won, and she commented on it. So, he’s clearly a fan, and now she gets to return the favor. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsb6xWLhaYm/?igshid=3pr7ch93ptkl

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

Nice karma

Yeah, and not only that, I later noticed that she comments on his videos quite frequently, including calling herself “his biggest fan” and “my fave.” When she congratulated him for getting the AI audition, he said she inspired him to do it. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, and not only that, I later noticed that she comments on his videos quite frequently, including calling herself “his biggest fan” and “my fave.” When she congratulated him for getting the AI audition, he said she inspired him to do it. 

This is too perfect. :haha:

• Like 1