***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

Yeah, this is nothing new. It happens all the time, but I thought this one was particularly funny. 

h3gzZT9.png
BTW, she’s been super quiet on social media over the last couple weeks. I find that concerning, because people will eventually tune out. Other than the weekly covers, her social media strategy is lacking. She’s not alone on that, though. Most of these Voice contestants are terrible at it. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

Absolutely hilarious 🤣... in a scary, pathetic, shocking sort of way.  Though, it sure is hard to fathom how it could happen❗🤨😕

Outside of the few million people who watch the show, I can see why most people wouldn’t know who she is. It’s not like the early days of Idol, when the winners were household names. Those comments on her Facebook page are evidence that she’s gaining new fans with her covers. Now, she just has to figure out how to keep them engaged.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Outside of the few million people who watch the show, I can see why most people wouldn’t know who she is. It’s not like the early days of Idol, when the winners were household names. Those comments on her Facebook page are evidence that she’s gaining new fans with her covers. Now, she just has to figure out how to keep them engaged.   

Good, I’m glad she’s getting some new fans. The weekly covers are definitely a good way to get some more publicity. 😁

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Good, I’m glad she’s getting some new fans. The weekly covers are definitely a good way to get some more publicity. 😁

It is a tough dilemma for most artists currently.  Lack of playing live doesn't offer or spawn the same exposure or 'talk'. Touring is a musician's primary revenue.  And streaming is fine, but the income is almost gone from Folks buying hard copies.  People would discover something at a record store or hear a radio.  Stuff isn't coming out of studios as much these days, either. Damn C-19 has impeded heaps of stuff.  Huge kudos to artists like Danielle Brabery (music videos & Stairwell Sessions), The Warning (streamed concerts, solo YTs AND A NEW ALBUM), Chevel & others who HAVE managed to put out product and interact with Fans during all the restrictions & abnormalities.

BTW, The Warning album #3 is going to be epic❗

Edited by Drew1903
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

It is a tough dilemma for most artists currently.  Lack of playing live doesn't offer or spawn the same exposure or 'talk'. Touring is a musician's primary revenue.  And streaming is fine, but the income is almost gone from Folks buying hard copies.  People would discover something at a record store or hear a radio.  Stuff isn't coming out of studios as much these days, either. Damn C-19 has impeded heaps of stuff.  Huge kudos to artists like Danielle Brabery (music videos & Stairwell Sessions), The Warning (streamed concerts, solo YTs AND A NEW ALBUM), Chevel & others who HAVE managed to put out product and interact with Fans during all the restrictions & abnormalities.

BTW, The Warning album #3 is going to be epic❗

Yep, she had a really busy schedule all wiped away in 2020. My guess is it’s starting to get to her. I would say don’t  worry about what you can’t control and what you can’t do, and focus on what you can do instead. To a large degree, she has done that. I would hope she’s writing songs too, but I haven’t seen any evidence of it.  We’re going to find out how badly she really wants it over the next 6-12 months. Either that, or perhaps her ceiling is higher in acting, which wouldn’t be bad at all. Either way, good luck!

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

That’s what it looks like from a distance, anyway. It’s not like she has to choose one. She can build her fanbase with the acting, and sell more music and concert tickets later. 

If they ever need a singing actress for a role, there you go. 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

If they ever need a singing actress for a role, there you go. 😁

I’m sure that’s why Kenny Ortega is interested. She’s a much better singer than any of those in Julie and the Phantoms. She needs to get a gig like that. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s what it looks like from a distance, anyway. It’s not like she has to choose one. She can build her fanbase with the acting, and sell more music and concert tickets later. 

Given what the climate is right now for females in country, I really think her best shot at eventually being successful in music would be to grow a fanbase through acting, especially through roles that allow her showcase her singing ability and then hopefully those fans will carry over to her music and attending her concerts, etc. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Given what the climate is right now for females in country, I really think her best shot at eventually being successful in music would be to grow a fanbase through acting, especially through roles that allow her showcase her singing ability and then hopefully those fans will carry over to her music and attending her concerts, etc. 

Exactly! My guess is that’s her plan, but until we see it happen, it’s just a guess. It’s unbelievable that she’s been able to make those industry contacts. They clearly see something in her they like. I can see the acting ability from her commercials and the last music video. She’s a natural. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Seems this time it has gone to YT pretty much immediately.

And this is my pov...

OMG, Chevel, your voice & what you (can) do with it are SO absolutely wonderful. Your vibrato is just gorgeous❗ Beautiful sweet powerful & amazing control & dynamics❗ Damn❗ You sing SO well & sound SO good❗👏

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Here’s the YouTube video...

Regarding the purple curtain and stage...about a week or two ago, she posted a photo on her story, driving down the road. Notice the airport sign. I thought it might be significant at the time, so I screen capped it. :giggle:

I have a theory, but I’m not ready to run with it. The evidence won’t come from her, obviously, so I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Things are really sketchy, and there’s a chance this could be nothing, but I don’t think so. 

iSeACwH.jpg

Edited by TeamAudra

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Regarding the purple curtain and stage...about a week or two ago, she posted a photo on her story, driving down the road. Notice the airport sign. I thought it might be significant at the time, so I screen capped it. :giggle:

I have a theory, but I’m not ready to run with it. The evidence won’t come from her, obviously, so I’ll keep my eyes peeled. Things are really sketchy, and there’s a chance this could be nothing, but I don’t think so. 

iSeACwH.jpg

Interesting. 👀 I think I have an idea as to what you’re getting at. 

I don’t check Tik Tok very often, but this clip of Redneck Woman she posted a couple weeks ago has 211K views. It’s not yet her highest viewed, but it will be soon. According to the comments, a lot of people like the way she sings the “Charlie Daniels song” part, and listen over and over. LOL. I have to admit, the first time I listened to one of her covers of this, those few powerful parts almost knocked me out of my chair.  

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe1UqThW/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t check Tik Tok very often, but this clip of Redneck Woman she posted a couple weeks ago has 211K views. It’s not yet her highest viewed, but it will be soon. According to the comments, a lot of people like the way she sings the “Charlie Daniels song” part, and listen over and over. LOL. I have to admit, the first time I listened to one of her covers of this, those few powerful parts almost knocked me out of my chair.  

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe1UqThW/

Ooh, I loved this cover! 🤩 I also really liked the “Charlie Daniels song” part. 😅 Nice to see her cat make an appearance too. 😺 

• Like 1

Charlie Gillespie (lead actor of Julie and the Phantoms, and her co-lead in the “Hair” industry pitch from a year ago) is at Chevel’s house right now. See her story. The plot thickens....

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 12:46 AM, TeamAudra said:

Charlie Gillespie (lead actor of Julie and the Phantoms, and her co-lead in the “Hair” industry pitch from a year ago) is at Chevel’s house right now. See her story. The plot thickens....

...followed by two days of dead silence on social media. 

Anyway...my theory is that she’s either going to be on Season 2 of Julie and the Phantoms, they’re going ahead with the “Hair” movie that she has already worked on, or she’s involved in some other Kenny Ortega production. There a lot of loosely connected dots, including a lot of interaction with associated actors, etc., Charlie Gillespie being at her house in New Mexico, and Kenny Ortega commenting on her IG posts about wanting to work with her on a project in 2021. So, we know something is going on, we just don’t know exactly what it is. I think they’re all pretty well coached on not letting things slip on social media, so we’ll probably just have to wait for an announcement. 

Of course, it could all be nothing, but that seems unlikely, IMO. Any of those possible scenarios would be massive for her career. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Idk why, but its taken this long and I'm banging my head on being so dumb lol.

Could I be added? Chevel was very deserving of her win and had a significant run with plenty of moments. "Broken Hearts" was a killer original and I'm glad Kelly saved that song to give to her come Finale. Also includes in her run: "If I Die Young" "Travelin Soilder" "Grandpa" "Space Cowboy" "Blue" as some great performances on-show.

Also her post-show stuff is off the charts, she's a very powerful vocalist with versatility that anyone should be able to clearly hear. Or else they are salty lmao.

• Like 1