*Amanda

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wally clean up this mess!

I was too late. :haha:

Well, here's my chance to tell you to wait until everything is posted to comment. I had to break it into two separate posts, but they will combine into one if I post the second one right after the first.

:shiver:

Please pay attention to the post numbers. :*

:dead:

05. NATASHA GALKINA (CYCLE 8, 2ND PLACE)

IPB Image

Denise: 1/20
Chris: 5/20
Alex: 6/20
Dee: 7/20
Victoria: 8/20
Wally: 8/20
Richard: 13/20
IDF: 14/20
Diana: 18/20

IPB ImageIPB Image
Natasha is so darn lovable and I'm happy to know some other rankers love her too, although we'll see how the scores end up. But her personality is so endearing and I liked her from the start, despite the judges harsh critiques of her in those first few weeks. She has to have had the biggest growth arc on the show that I can think of. :wub: She improved so much so fast and took lots of fantastic photos. I have to say, I do love the blonde hair on her, so wasn't a fan of the makeover, particularly when she had the bangs... but she could make it work regardless. She really has such an energetic and optimistic personality that you can't not love her. When Tyra compared her to Ann from C3 early on (in a negative way), Natasha spun it around by saying Ann was one of the most beautiful. :wub: She always knew how to make things sound like compliments. I hated how some of the other girls would make fun of her and especially at the end of the season when they really ganged up on her. :ermm: Tyra putting Natasha through and saying the other girls are jealous is one of my favorites. There was no reason for that hate from the others and it tainted my opinions of them, unfortunately. But Natasha was always so cute and funny... I love when she asked her husband if he remembered her. :dead: So many notable quotes, like when she said "I can't believe I'm seeing them alive!" when she met Mr. Jay and Miss Jay. :lmao: And of course the iconic moment that we all know and love... and I'm sure this will be mentioned by others as well:

IPB Image

:wub::wub::wub:

Natasha was always so genuine and nice, despite what anyone would say. She had a lot of confidence in herself, which was much needed for other people talking down on her, but also it's just important to believe in yourself anyway. And she worked hard to improve her modeling and go from ~the weakest~ all the way up to runner-up! I would have been thrilled if she had won, but oh well. I loved a lot of her photos, including: ice cream, hip hop, flesh eating bacteria, men's magazine, and women's magazine shots. The way she got into character for that hip-hop one was epic. I think the men's one is my very favorite though:

IPB Image

She was also so great in the Australian CoverGirl commercial, which nobody excepted! :wub: I love everything about Natasha and have to mention that she also handled the wardrobe malfunction on the final runway like a pro. :wub: So good. She's very talented and I think she's beautiful inside and out.

NATASHA GALKINA
Natasha just fell in my Top 5 by luck – she is someone whom I really enjoyed on her season & I find she is often overlooked by fans of the show. Despite having a strong start then a rocky journey, she really found herself around Week 5 or so where she was consistently bringing it – she could have been a deserving winner, but I may be bias as Jaslene is one of the most overrated winners in my books.
Some of her best photos includes the controversial photoshoot known as homicide victim, the drag king photoshoot, the amazing 4 personalities beauty shot, her covergirl commercial as well as her swimsuit & covergirl photoshoot.
She’s been under the radar the majority of the rankdown, like her time on ANTM, so I wouldn’t be surprise if she managed to sneak a win in this rankdown. And if she does, good on her!

06. Natasha Galinka
Woot this writeup is probably gonna be shorter. To put it simply, Natasha is probably the single funniest contestant ever on the show. Natasha was cast as the joke contestant, but she ended up being more than just a joke. She was the Russian male order bride who didn’t believe models should burp. She’s a complete hot mess the first two weeks of the competition. She’s kinda just standing there looking pretty in every frame of every picture. But she’s funny! And luckily Kathleen was a bigger mess and Samantha barely wanted to be there. Natasha broke down after her second photoshoot though and I saw her as more than a joke contestant. She wanted to be a model and was struggling a lot with the cultural barrier. And she was really funny and likable still too! When the judges compared Natasha to Ann and Natasha was just like “Ann’s so beautiful ^_^” I DIED and I legit think that joke saved her. She’s just so damn sweet you can’t send her home.
Natasha’s makeover then elevated her and she started to actually improve. Her ice cream shot was decent and so was her dead one. And we get to see her more as a human being. In her first episode we just see mail order bride and we’re like “Oh no…” but her talking on the phone to her husband and her baby…it seems like she really does love them in her own weird way. I mean her love for her child isn’t weird at all. The conversations with her husband are……interesting to say the least, but I think there is love there! And this is where she hits her peak, the gender bender shoot. Obviously one of the most iconic photoshoots in ANTM history. “What it do shawty?!” “Yo wind for my bitch!”. God what an icon. And her creating a grill from foil was absolutely genius.
Natasha’s charm and likability continues for the next few weeks, delivering iconic moment after iconic moment. Natasha’s not just entertaining, she is on a whole other level. The delayed reaction to going to Australia isn’t just entertaining, it’s my favorite reaction to an international destination ever. Then of course “Some people have war in their countries” is maybe the greatest line in ANTM history.
Natasha becomes a fully well-rounded character at the final four. When Jaslene, Dionne, and Renee ruthlessly turn on Natasha, talk sh*t about her, and throw her under the bus to the judges. Natasha handled that entire situation with so much grace and dignity. I think, just like she used her mouth at the beginning of the competition to save herself, she created a hell of an argument and saved herself again. Deep down, Natasha is just such a good person. Even when Jaslene beat her, Natasha was thrilled for Jaslene and congratulated her with a big hug. I could totally see Natasha winning this game and I’m not against that.

07. Natasha Galkina (Cycle 7)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

-U2Z0S5J8zg

"WHITNEY ON THE PDOIUM!"

"WHEN YOU NAME SOMETHING,YOU CAN SPELL IT AS RIGHT OR AS WRONG AS YOU WANT."

Natasha Galkina is one of the biggest icons of the ANTM series. PERIOD. Natasha making the finals of this Rankdown was absolutely imperative to me and her breezy path to the finals is so well-deserved. Name a messier, funnier, quirkier, or more outlandish sexy Russian reality television contestant than Natasha. Impossible. Natasha Galkina had every single one of these women SICK and INSECURE from the very beginning of the competition. Natasha also made me a fan from the moment she walked into the auditions like a drunk Russian chicken. LOL. There is literally so much to love about Natasha so let's get into the one million reasons why she is an icon of reality television.

Natasha came into that competition so confident and that alone made every other woman in the competition seethe with anger. HER POWER. :wub:

From the very beginning, Natasha did not play with these women. Remember when she called out Sarah V. for lying about walking in a Chanel show? Or calling out all of the women for farting and burping repeatedly and then eviscerating Renee for her mean behavior all before even being picked as a finalist? :wub::wub::wub:

Every single moment that Natasha is on the television is literally gold. From her having zero clue what pro-choice means and claiming she would rather work as a model than be in politics. :dead: To the moment where Natasha thinks that she is being compared to a martian by Miss J. when practicing her runway walk. AND THEN THINKING THIS IS POSITIVE. :dead: Or when she wanders off during the group runway challenge and is sort of oblivious to it all. :dead: Then reading the Tyra Mail to all the women and having none of them understand her. :dead: Or her confused facial expression when told she will be portraying the teacher's pet during the second photoshoot :dead: Or watching her turn her rough critique into a positive by claiming that Ann Markley was one of the most beautiful girls of her cycle :dead: Or watching her turn another rough critique into a positive by telling the judges why she loves her own photo - and getting away with it :dead:

Those are al iconic moments from the first three episodes of the cycle only. Natasha very early on in the competition proved to be my favorite type of reality television contestant - unintentionally hilarious and insanely quotable. These qualities of hers would never let up - especially her uncanny ability to somehow transform every negative thing said about her or any critique levied against her into some used car salesman pitch about how wonderful she actually is. :dead:

But by the third week of the competition, Natasha also became more than just a walking joke. Natasha really offered some unique and really heartbreaking storylines to the cycle. One of these storylines just so happens to be centered on her very likely being a male-order bride for a much older man that was a complete stranger to her. The constant judgment from the women and suspicions about the nature of her marriage really became the focus of her character outside of the competition, and was a huge catalyst in the women essentially ostracizing and mocking her. I also think the language barrier between her and the other women was further reason for them to be xenophobic and really outcast her socially. All of this social judgment really weighed on Natasha heavily, and she started to become extremely saddened by the very obvious mistreatment she was receiving from the rest of the house. Many of the women did not take her seriously and did not give her a chance - and just because her English is not strong, she is not blind to being an outcast. These women should have treated her better, especially given the fact that she probably is in a relationship that is not typical nor safe.

A perfect example of the women not taking Natasha seriously is seen during the group mannequin challenge, where Natasha is literally trying to help Whitney and Jael follow the guidelines but is completely ignored and shut down. Only to find out that she was right in what she was saying and her team would have won if they listened to her. LOL. Even though this seems small, I think we did not see a lot of the hate that Natasha probably dealt with on the daily. Her phone calls home to her husband Stuart, though filled with lion roars and cat meows LOL, also did not seem very helpful to Natasha.

Part of me also feels like Natasha was just self-assured and confident in her abilities and this brought out every single insecurity in the other women. That power though. :wub: Especially since Natasha really started to improve greatly in the competition, starting with the murder victim photoshoot. Natasha finally delivered a great photo after four weeks of horrendous photos. With all the goods to become a high fashion model and the newfound ability to actually take a good photo, every woman just decided to become hateful and displayed their xenophobia to the max. And Natasha had them pressed at every single turn of the way. :wub:

Starting with her iconic decision to make herself a grill during the gender swap photoshoot and her bizarre behavior on the set of the photoshoot. This all culminates with her pounding her chest at Tyra during panel. LOL. Such a classic moment. As is Natasha jumping in the pool with Jael at the industry party and meeting that one guy completely wet. :dead:

Despite the horrible photo shoot concepts, Natasha really rose to the top of the pack in the competition and ignored all of the hate from the other women. Natasha even pulled through the sadness she felt at seeing Renee and Dionne with their children all while missing her own. And she continued to deliver downright hilarious moments. See her shrieking reaction to the overseas announcement. :dead: Watching her ignore the designer asking her questions about her height during go-sees. :dead: Randomly slaying the Australian accent CoverGirl commercial and earning a first call-out despite her heavy Russian accent. :dead:

Maybe her most iconic moment comes when she nonchalantly tells Brittany to cool her sh*t during her meltdown at go-sees, reminding her that people have wars in their countries. LOL. :dead: That insanely uncomfortable phone call to her husband where she just moans into the phone. :dead:

Natasha is the gift that just kept on giving during Cycle 8. Despite all of the funny moments, my favorite Natasha moment is when she essentially fires back at Renee/Jaslene/Dionne and calls them out for their very obvious jealousy. NATASHA PUT HER FOOT ON ALL OF THEIR NECKS AND EXPOSED THEM. Natasha is Giselle Bünchden and the rest of the women are just jealous of her. :*

Okay. I've written so much on Natasha. None of it focuses on her actual modeling prowess. But who cares. Honestly. Natasha is pure dynamite as a character and literally one of the funniest individuals I have ever watched. But she did produce three of my favorite photos ever - the swimsuit photos and the gender swap photo. All super iconic. Natasha also had some other lovely photos, like the murder scene photo, alter egos photo, and iconic ANTM moment photo. Natasha was not the most consistent model, but the most striking contestant of the cycle and the most interesting to look at in photos.

But once again, I ask who cares? Because when you have a personality like Natasha, you should win every competition. Though Natasha lost to Jaslene, she really won the cycle as the standout personality and breakout high fashion model in real life. I am so happy that Natasha was so easy to push through to the finals of the Rankdown, and she deserves a high placement for a season full of moments that we shall never forget. :wub:

IPB Image

Natasha Galkina is definitely one of the sweetest and most lovable models and people ever on ANTM. It’s a true testament to how loved she is with how she has never been nominated throughout this game - via any of the rankers, public noms, random noms, etc. I am bummed Jaslene won’t win it for Cycle 8 as she was my fave that cycle, but Natasha was my 2nd favorite and I love her too - sooo I am not mad at Natasha getting the Cycle 8 win which I figured would happen. :yes: But yeah I do love Natasha and kinda had her stuck in mind for my #7 or #8 spot, but I’ve decided to give her the #8 spot.

Natasha started off a bit meh/not too good early on the cycle. She was in the Bottom 3 and Bottom 2 of the first two weeks of the competition with photos I barely remember. I didn’t think she would last too long. But then something happened and her spark came through around Week 4 and she would just absolutely kil it with a good majority of her photos - so I’ll share my favorites down below.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Although we all MUST remember and recognize her iconic quote right here!

IPB Image
She speaks the truth!

I won’t really describe or point out her best moments as I hope others will, but here’s a video clip of her best moments on ANTM. Wishing the best for Natasha for a great ranking spot in this Rankdown.

-U2Z0S5J8zg

Natasha Galkina (Cycle 8, 2nd Place)

IPB Image

Natasha is remembered for being a fun, sort of kooky character with iconic one-liners. I wouldn’t say I love her as much as other people do, but she’s definitely one of the show’s most memorable figures.

I admired her personality on the show. While she was fun and hilarious at times, what I admired most was her ability to roll with the punches, especially at the final four judging where all the other girls ganged up on her and named her the “weakest.” Natasha was always able to put things into perspective (“some people have war in their countries”) and never let anyone get to her too much.

Natasha’s portfolio was a roller coaster. She started off weak, but after the first three weeks, she became a very consistent competitor. I think she could have made a worthy winner if she kept up the momentum all the way through, but her last two weeks were unfortunately on par with her first two.

I think Natasha is definitely an ANTM legend, but cycle 8 was never one of my favorites, so I never grew as attached to it (or her) as much as I probably should have.

Natasha - Natasha is one of the funniest contestants to ever be on the show. She single-handlely carried that season and prevent it from being one of the worst. Natasha telling how she liked her pictures even after the judges were telling how bad they were was hilarious. Natasha's phone calls with her husband were hilarious. Natasha telling Brittany that there are countries at war during Brittani meltdown, HILARIOUS!!! and one of the best moments in reality television. But besides her amazing personality, Natasha also delivered with many great pictures. Her model murder, gender-swap, past models and both swimsuits were all amazing and for me earned her the win. Her losing to Jaslene who only had two great pictures and at the beginning of the season, is tragic. The other ladies coming at her for her relationship with her husband was so disrespectful. I'm glad she outlasted Renee and Dionne after that event, but sadly Jaslene win was decided by Tyra & Co since the beginning and Natasha couldn't changed that narrative. I love her and hope she ranks high.

DAMM Google confused me because she looks like COMPLETELY different person now I rarely recognized her. Honestly I am being petty here because she seems like someone people would like and possibly be the quiet frontrunner that often wins these rankdowns when the bigger names are used as petty targets (guilty). She just seems like the Corbin, Kristi type person who wins these rankdowns and I am not here for that so hence this rankings. JASLENE DESERVED THIS SPOT AND I AM OFFENDED she was cut before Natasha so this is me being petty. I am so happy she didn’t win her season though lol. But outside of that she is an angel so I have to be petty or she might win.

Alex

2. Bre Scullark

3. Melrose Bickerstaff

4. April Wilkner

5. Shandi Sullivan

6. Natasha Galkina

7. Eva Pigford

8. Brittany Brower

9. Sophie Sumner

10. Lisa D'Amato

12. Toccara Jones

13. Norelle Van Herk