Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

I’m shocked. Flabbergasted. I didn’t play petty and let Starmie live and a Gen 1 is taken out by Sola. I’m just stunned. Stunned. :)

You've said over the last 2 days you didn't care what was cut. So why does this matter?

Besides there are already like 7 gen 1s in the final ranking, do we really need all 10 left in there?

You've said over the last 2 days you didn't care what was cut. So why does this matter?

Besides there are already like 7 gen 1s in the final ranking, do we really need all 10 left in there?

I was literally going to say I don't care and was just being dramatic. :roll:

No, but I was just being ott. :dead:

:( at me losing nearly all of my remaining favorites Dragonite, Gardevoir, and Lapras all at once.

Sorry, I had 4 write ups done and I was flipping back and fourth between Lapras a Gen 2 and a Gen 4 pokemon. I figured the later 2 had less of a chance of being saved.

Indeed, I wish you wouldn't have eliminated Sylveon. :haha:

Sylveon would’ve survived if you didn’t nominate it against Gardevoir.

At least be glad Starmie made it to Top 20. A lot of the rest of us don’t have our #1 favorites in the finals.

Sylveon would’ve survived if you didn’t nominate it against Gardevoir.

At least be glad Starmie made it to Top 20. A lot of the rest of us don’t have our #1 favorites in the finals.

If it makes you happy, I know at least 2 rankers placing it 20th. So Starmie is our 20th place pokemon in the rankdown. :haha:

:( at me losing nearly all of my remaining favorites Dragonite, Gardevoir, and Lapras all at once.

if you didn't nominate espeon this would not have happened.

If it makes you happy, I know at least 2 rankers placing it 20th. So Starmie is our 20th place pokemon in the rankdown. :haha:

with the nearly ~1000 pokemon in existence, starmie falls in my bottom 100 so no this is no consolation.

with the nearly ~1000 pokemon in existence, starmie falls in my bottom 100 so no this is no consolation.

I understand that its in your bottom 100. I am fine with you ranking it last. Without the advancement twist this round I was ready for you to cut it. So I will take what i can get I suppose.

030. SCIZOR (#212)

IPB Image

I was torn between several Pokémon, but a few I wanted eliminated were cut already. So I'm dipping my toes now into the collection that I respect but have no personal connection with or history of playing familiarity. Therefore, Scizor became an option.

Scizor is a pretty cool Pokémon though. It's the Gen. II evolution of beloved Gen. I shank-happy Scyther. It is a dual-type Bug/Steel combo, known as the "Pincer Pokémon". It evolves from Scyther when traded holding a Metal Coat. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Scizor using the Scizorite. :fear:

IPB Image

Now, in the Johto region of the Silver/Gold/Crystal games, one cannot locate Scizor in the wild. You must evolve a Scyther, which you can obtain at the National Park's Bug Catching Contest. It is the last Bug-type left (and next-to-last Steel-type, after Lucario). But since the final Fairy-type, Gardevoir, is being cut, it won't be the only type not represented in the Top 20.

So congratulations to Scizor for winning the Bug battle (and hats off to Sola for the accomplishment, after decimating the remainder of the type in the end game), as well as cracking our illustrious Top 30! We bid it adieu here. :wave:
Edited by ePastorJames

Sorry about Espeon. I don’t blame you for retaliating, so I expected you to cut one of my favorites. But for the record, I wouldn’t have nominated it had I known it was your #1. But the round played out like it did, so I can’t hold anything against you.

If only I was able to advance one Pokémon at the very least before all the cutting happened. >.<

030. SCIZOR (#212)

IPB Image

I was torn between several Pokémon, but a few I wanted eliminated were cut already. So I'm dipping my toes now into the collection that I respect but have no personal connection with or history of playing familiarity. Therefore, Scizor became an option.

Scizor is a pretty cool Pokémon though. It's the Gen. II evolution of beloved Gen. I shank-happy Scyther. It is a dual-type Bug/Steel combo, known as the "Pincer Pokémon". It evolves from Scyther when traded holding a Metal Coat. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Scizor using the Scizorite. :fear:

IPB Image

Now, in the Johto region of the Silver/Gold/Crystal games, one cannot locate Scizor in the wild. You must evolve a Scyther, which you can obtain at the National Park's But Catching Contest. It is the last Bug-type left (and next-to-last Steel-type, after Lucario). But since the final Fairy-type, Gardevoir, is being cut, it won't be the only type not represented in the Top 20.

So congratulations to Scizor for winning the Bug battle, as well as cracking our illustrious Top 30! We bid it adieu here. :wave:

I take sole credit for Scizor winning last standing bug pokemon. I had to cut Heracross, Scyther and Pinsir to make it happen. I am so happy I did, Scizor is by far the best bug pokemon ever, and would have been in contention to win this whole thing.

Not to mention, Bug/Steel has to be one of the best dual typings ever. Scizor is an absolute beast.

Gardevoir
IPB Image

Gardevoir is one of those Pokemon where you see it and go "well, I'll never be able to safely do a google search at work for it." If any Pokemon has ascended Pokemon and reliably made it to a Pokemon Sex Symbol Status its Gardevoir (though both Lopunny and Incineroar put up a good fight and it seems like Hatterene is going to put up a good fight, though the fact that she's really just a tiny alien wearing fantastic clothes will probably make it more of a LOLZ-y meme than an R34 icon). And with the even hip-pier Mega Gardevoir that certainly didn't decrease the number of horny Pokemon fans it has.

First introduced in the worst Generation, Gen III, Gardevoir really had an uphill battle for me. But considering that most of that generation is absolutely abysmal (and thus GameFreak letting in the fewest Gen III Pokemon into Gen VIII) Gardevoir is easily probably in the Top 5 of Gen III Pokemon. Considering the first four spots are given to Ludicolo that's pretty good. Gardevoir is a psychic/fairy type Pokemon that can be a good staple of any Pokemon party. It doesn't have that many weaknesses (Ghost, Steel, Poison) though its weaknesses will be seen in a lot of endgame teams, and it has one immunity to dragon and resistances to fighting and psychic. It has a great special attack and special defense which means that it can probably even slot against the ghost types it has trouble with and learns a lot of STAB moves to take advantage of its good special attack and dual-types.

If Espeon hadn't been nominated and cut then I wouldn't be cutting Gardevoir since I like it more than quite a few of this Top 34 even despite my very vocal dislike of Gen III. But it has to go because nobody can be happy in this rankdown except Sola I guess.

I take sole credit for Scizor winning last standing bug pokemon. I had to cut Heracross, Scyther and Pinsir to make it happen. I am so happy I did, Scizor is by far the best bug pokemon ever, and would have been in contention to win this whole thing.

Not to mention, Bug/Steel has to be one of the best dual typings ever. Scizor is an absolute beast.

Yeah, it does seem like a beast. I think I'd like to try to play with Scyther/Scizor on a future Gen. 2 replay, and utilize its badassery. Huge kudos on that skillful smiting of Heracross, Pinsir, and Scyther btw. :haha: Mission accomplished. I actually will edit that into my write-up to give you props, since it was your handiwork!

But it has to go because nobody can be happy in this rankdown except Sola I guess.

eh? James just cut one of my Top 5 pokemon ever. So obviously I can't be happy all the time. :haha: But to be fair I guess my entire top 5 made it top 60, i have had decent luck. Thats now been slashed significantly though. :)

I understand that its in your bottom 100. I am fine with you ranking it last. Without the advancement twist this round I was ready for you to cut it. So I will take what i can get I suppose.

IPB Image

"oh no. my favorite pokemon might ONLY be ranked number 20. :(" when as steven said a lot of people have already lost their number 1.

a bug pokemon was never going to win this rankdown.

eh? James just cut one of my Top 5 pokemon ever. So obviously I can't be happy all the time. :haha: But to be fair I guess my entire top 5 made it top 60, i have had decent luck. Thats now been slashed significantly though. :)

"oh no. one of my top 5 pokemon ever was cut. i only now have my number 1 in the top 20. oh so sad for me"

The host has used the Power of Restart to before Pikachu was cut and all the questionable post cuts were made so this Rankdown can be fixed :)

Waiting one more hour for Dee (!)

:haha:

IPB Image

Edited by Solaris