Pokemon Rankdown 1.0

.Rei

IPB Image

MAKE A CUT SOLA SINCE YOU KEEP INSISTING EVERYONE ELSE DO SO. :)

I am not insisting? :o 80% of the rankdowns i have played in, I made the first cut (in the final cut round). I will wait until 30 min before its due and turn mine in. :haha: If people havent posted by then, then I guess I shall be the first.

Edited by Solaris

Samurott
IPB Image

Samurott should have been bipedal. Oshawott is bipedal, Dewott is bipedal, Samurott should have been bipedal. I think it would up its design if it were bipedal instead you end up with the weird gif above where Samurott ostensibly stands on all four legs but also uses a sword made of water.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Gen V, however, I think Gen V also has some of the weakest starter Pokemon in terms of design. The Snivy line is the clear winner and yet somehow Samurott is the one remaining. Why. I'll admit that I almost always choose the fire-type Pokemon starter because water-type and grass-type are so much more abundant in the games that I can always pick up a good water or grass type Pokemon, perhaps even pretty early on, so I'm biased towards my fighting pigs Tepig, Pignite, and Emboar, but Samurott is one of the only remaining starter evolutions left. Why. Why. Why. Why.

Samurott should have been bipedal. If it were bipedal it would have easily won the Gen V starter battle on design. GameFreak made a quadrupedal swordfighter.

Never evolve your Dewott into a Samurott. Keep this beloved and excellent design for forever:
IPB Image