The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

season 7 7x2 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
Mrs Kasha Davies

Mrs Kasha Davies goes here because I’ve never been a fan. I don’t know whether that was because there was quite a few polished queens in her season or because her looks just didn’t impress me. I always felt as if they weren’t finished or were too old school to impress on a show where people are bringing something new. I think an old school look can impress when done right but I hers seemed very drag 101. 

What do I remember about Mrs Kasha Davies? Good question as I’ll keep it short.. virtually nothing. I remember her lip sync against Kandi but that’s because Kandi absolutely slated and I’m disgusted she was cut before her. I remember her being terrible during the awards challenge and I remember Katya making her over (which was probably her best look. It wasn’t even hers!!!) so yeah, I think she should’ve gone sooner.

saving Miz Cracker

SONIQUE S2

season 2 2x4 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Sonique was a contestant on Season 2 and placed 9th of 12. Sonique was mostly in the background her season. She didn't win any mini challenges or place in the top on any main challenges. She was in the bottom 3 week 2 and was eliminated week 4 after a terrible Snatch Game. I think I said in a Morgan write-up that this was the first time they did Snatch Game, so there's a little more of an excuse to do badly this season than others. But Sonique went as Lady Gaga and was arguably worse than Phi Phi O'Hara's Lady Gaga, which is saying something. Sonique faced off against Morgan and pulled out some impressive gymnastics, but Morgan's actual lip sync was better and Sonique went home. At the Season 2 reunion (I think), Sonique came out as a transwoman. Her best moment on Drag Race was when she returned for the Holiday Special, where she looked amazing. Based on that appearance, I think we can expect to see her for an All Stars season one day. While I don't think she did well enough on her season to warrant that, her work since the show has been great and it's always fun to have queens from earlier seasons because the new fans won't know them either way lol. Anyway, this is S2 Sonique for the holiday stuff doesn't count anyway. Goodbye from the rankdown.

Save Peppermint. Just because she didn't deserve to be runner up doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be in the rankdown.

Detox (S5)

rupauls drag race television GIF

Probably an unpopular opinion but I just don’t really like Detox? She’s got on my nerves both season but S5 in particular. I know Roxxxy was the villain of Rolaskatox, but I always preferred Roxxxy > Detox, at least Roxxxy’s villain arc was entertaining and memorable. Don’t get me wrong I thought she had some good moments such as the children’s show challenge. But otherwise she was the weakest of the top 4 IMO, her bottom 2 appearances were deserved, she relied on the same lip quiver move in lip-syncs that was funny once and then got boring. It was joyous to see her eliminated by Jinkx. I did think she did better on All-Stars and was worthy of her finalist spot there but eh I just don’t really care for her. Also she joined in on making jokes at Nina and Monét McCain’s expense after that whole situation even though she was supposed to be there as well, so yeah that was just poor form.

Save Scarlet Envy

Edited by *Lily

On 2/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, *Lily said:

Tammie Brown (AS1)

SourSillyHen-size_restricted.gif

I'm bored of writing AS1 writeups but here we are. After a short stint on season 1, Tammie returned for the first All-Stars season, where she teamed up with Nina Flowers to form Team Brown Flowers. She had a fun part in that iconic first Untucked episode with her random moments and quotes but that's pretty much all I remember from her during this season. As we know, the RuPaul's Gaff-In was a hot mess, that wasn't a good showing for either herself or Nina. She ended up going into the lip-sync which seemed an interesting choice considering her previous 'attempt', but the song was great for her and she did a pretty good job against Latrice. However it wasn't enough and Tammie, along with Nina, was the third/fourth queen to sashay away. Tammie is great but her AS1 presence is not interesting enough to save.

Save Phi Phi

Please let me know if any of these have been eliminated. Elliott hasn’t updated the remaining queens post. 😉

rupauls drag race all stars season 3 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Mayhem Miller

Phi Phi O’Hara (AS2)

Jasmine Masters (S7)

Jade Jolie

Crystal

Ra’jah O’Hara

Thorgy Thor (AS3)

Acid Betty

Edited by Zoey0069