The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

AKASHIA S1

season 1 1x3 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Akashia was one of the originators on Drag Race. OG. Akashia was the original lip sync assassin because she sent Porkchop and Tammie packing in weeks 1 and 2. However, that also means that she was in the bottom for the first two episodes ever of drag race. And then she was in the bottom again on episode 3. Unfortunately, she could not lip sync her way out of that problem three times in a row, and Shanel sent her home. Was that the one where Shanel jumped and made her headpiece fall off? Icons vs. icons. Akashia should be forever known as the iconic queen who pulled off the stunt in the gif above. Was there any question of whether she fell on purpose? Of course not. It was obviously an accident. But she made it work and it was hilarious. I saw this gif before I even knew what drag race was. Very ANTM Season 14 realness. Besides the above gif, though, I actually have no recollection of how she did on the show or what the challenges were or anything. That's why I'm surprised she has lasted this long in the rankdown. Wiki says she was one of the mini-challenge winners of week 2. I'm really reaching here for content. 

Save Vanjie S10 for gagging the world with her exit and being, by reference, in more episodes than most of the queens that season. I think there was only one episode where they didn't reference Vanjie.

Edited by FrogLenzen

morgan mcmichaels GIF

Morgan McMichaels (AS3)

I’m cutting Morgan here because she didn’t see much of her during all stars and what we did see wasn’t an impressive run. I think Morgan was in two episodes and then the final one when the eliminated queens returned and messed up the final two?

I did almost save Morgan based on her hatred from Bendelacreme but I decided that wasn’t enough against some of the other queens nominated. I liked Morgan’s talent show performance and think she should’ve been safe compared to some of the others. Was it amazing? No. Was the entire talent show? No. It was mediocre with a couple of queens standing out which was why I was confused by the results which had Bendelacreme in the top two and people like Shangela, Thorgy and Bebe safe when they showed an actual talent. Oh well! I don’t think she deserved to come back over the likes of Aja, Milk and Thorgy who killed the band challenge but I did really like her “Red for Filth” runway. It’s a shame she didn’t get to showcase her talents more because she’s an absolute workhorse and there are some fantastic lip syncs on YouTube from her.

saving Vivacious

Jade

giphy.gif

I know Jade has been saved a couple times here, and has some fans so I'm sorry to cut her now. Unfortunately, she just lacks any memorability to me, she's the queen I remember the least of from Season 1. Nothing really stands out to me for her challenges or her looks, however she made it all the way to Episode 4. In this episode she had her first lip-sync, which was against Rebecca, and in what was probably a controversial decision Rebecca stayed. From my recollection Jade wasn't too happy about the decision either. I recently rewatched the Season 10 finale clip where the Season 1 girls came back to do lip-sync numbers and lol Jade literally didn't even bother singing along which made me laugh :wub: But yeah, I feel like everyone else remaining just had more standout moments to me kinda (Mystique was a trainwreck but a legend which is why I'm saving her lol). Sorry Jade, I'm just not enthusiastic enough to keep you.

Saving Mystique Summers Madison

• Sad 1

I feel like calling it talent show was a mistake when it’s really more of a variety show. :haha:

That said, I do really like Morgan and she’s one of my favourites outside of the show, but her run was pretty disappointing.

I literally don’t remember Jade. At all. Like I know she was in season one and existed on the show, but my mind cannot remember a single thing about her. If you asked me to pick her out of a line-up, I would fail miserably.

Keke Palmer Meme GIF by swerk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

tumblr_nmg1bhJR6A1qiohboo4_r1_500.gif

MAX

I had an indifferent kind of relationship with Max in the show but her fashion is cute. I remember people loving her so much and they were excited to watch her. She did deliver and perform and she kind of did. I remember her winning two maxi challenge. My favourite runway outfit from hers is obviously the death becomes her look. It was simple, elegant, yet has a story that I really liked. Compared to Miss Fame's :giggle:Anyway, Max didn't inspire me to like her more. She just was not a queen I was into or would be interested to root for. Her switching accents kind of made me dislike her a little bit because I kind of thought that she was faking an accent. I'm still not sure if she is or not but whatever the case is, it was kind of disingenuous and annoying to me. Also, remember when Michelle called her out for only wearing gray wigs and then the week she didn't she got eliminated? :giggle:Although the black wig was definitely nothing special still. I'm eliminating her too because I just don't see her as a star. At least Kimora became memorable enough during her short stint and got a WoW segment so bye, Max!

SAVING: BANANA LADY KIMORA BLAC

f45fbc8e3214b2d164537f43d1c0ab5b.gif

The show did Max dirty with how they edited her elimination (she had a panic attack, they told her that she could sing a song to calm her nerves and then turned around and edited it to make it look like she was having a meltdown), but her attitude post-show was nagl.

@*Lily is next to nominate to finish out the cycle!

BAGA CHIPZ UK1

Episode 1 GIF by BBC Three

Baga Chips was on the first UK season of drag race and inexplicably made the finale over other amazing queens that season, including Blu, Crystal, and Cheryl. Her runways were all bad. I honestly can't think of one I liked. Maybe the girl group look was okay? Since the show she has been posting pics etc. that look very good, but on the show I thought it was rough. And yet the judges never put her in the bottom for it. She even won challenges while wearing the worst look on the runway by far. How? I don't get it. Also, her joint win with VIvienne for Snatch Game was not deserved to me. Either RuPaul felt weird giving a solo win to a male character or he felt weird giving a solo win to an American character or something. But Vivienne's Trump was lightyears ahead of the weird vampire Iron Lady Baga did (which was funny, but not win-funny to me). Then during the makeover challenge Baga was super weird with her mother. I totally understand that family relationships are complicated and a few minutes of airtime on a reality show is probably not enough to judge someone by. But the way Baga kept putting down her mother and shading her was cringy and YIKES. Baga avoided a lip sync against Cheryl to a Cheryl song for NO REASON (and got Blu eliminated), and then when Baga was FINALLY in the bottom the next week, suddenly it was a song right up her wheelhouse and Cheryl went home. I don't usually go for contestants who made the finale this early in a rankdown but Baga just rubbed me the wrong way the whole season. Also, watch the RuViews and you will see other people just as confused to see Baga make it through every week. 

Save Darienne since the judges actually put her in the bottom when her runways were bad and then she fought her way through every time.

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Sad 1