The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

11 hours ago, vee_ said:

*gif later*

KALORIE KARBDASHIAN WILLIAMS

So poor Kalorie. Where is she? How is she doing? I hope she's doing well and polishing her drag. So I really liked Kalorie's personality but we never really got to see her in full blossom because she did bad. In the first episode, she was in the bottom 2 and lipsynced against Vanjie. She won the lipsync and was not a first out but sadly, Vanjie made an iconic exit and overshadowed her. I feel like now Kalorie is the first boot for some reason. Like Vanjie was just a trial for episode 1 or something lol. Anyway, Kalorie didn't do well in the second episode either in the PharmaRusical and she ended up in the bottom 2 with Eureka. Obviously, no matter how I feel for that racist queen, she is more polished and has shown more skills than Kalorie so no matter what, Kalorie is definitely leaving. Kalorie has been forgotten and I don't know what's next for her. I don't think she'll ever be back in the show unless there's a season for the first few boots in every season competing for Rudemption or something. Anyway, bye now.

SAVING: ALEXIS MICHELLE, EW

HONEY MAHOGANY (S5)

beach go GIF

The Caftan Queen. I went back to see if @Zoey0069's mistaken write-up about Honey Mahogany was still there, but alas it is deleted. Honey is a San Fran queen who was on Season 5. It's sometimes hard to believe that she was mixed in with that iconic cast. On the show she was known for wearing muumuus every week on the runway. I wonder how that kind of thing happens with queens, like how Vanjie brought a million swimsuits. Do they think that it's their signature style? That each individual thing is sickening on its own? Is it by chance? Or did Honey just pack a big bag of old sheets to wear on the runway? I don't know. Besides caftans, Honey is best known for being part of a double elimination with Vivienne Pinay (was it the first double elimination? I don't remember). They both went home after the dance challenge when they failed to impress RuPaul during their lip sync to Oops! I Did It Again.

According to wikipedia, Honey identifies as gender non-conforming trans, having blended her own identity with that of her drag persona. In 2018, Mahogany became the first trans person to serve as co-president of the Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club and she became the first trans person to serve on the San Francisco Democratic County Central Committee. She now serves as a legislative aide to San Francisco Supervisor Matt Haney and remains a member of the Democratic County Central Committee and co-owner of The Stud, a gay bar in San Fran.

Save Ginger Minj S7

CYCLE 4

After a couple of eventful rounds, it's time for a plain old round of nominations.

When it is your turn to nominate, you will nominate 8 queens of your choosing.

The remaining rankers will each cut and save one queen.

There are no restrictions on nominations, cutting or saving.

However, Dee has an advantage that is in play for this cycle.

He will allowed to be replace any single set of nominations should he choose to.

935737026_ScreenShot2020-02-12at12_46_52PM.png.d752db8c0461ea1b60f2dac546ed32df.png

NOMINATION ORDER:

1. @FrogLenzen

2. @vee_

3. @Zoey0069

4. @Deeee

5. @*Lily

Good luck, and don't f*ck it up. 🙂

6x1 GIF by RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 6
April Carrión (S6)

I’m cutting April here because I was less impressed with her than the other queens nominated.

April entered the workroom and a lot of people fell in love with her but I just saw boy. I’m all for androgynous drag but April wasn’t androgynous.. just a boy trying to do drag. I remember a lot of people loving her runway with the umbrella? I barely remember it and can’t say I’m that impressed looking back at photos. Probably the weakest of the few umbrella looks we’ve seen on drag race, imo. April lip synced against Vivacious and I think she got lucky because she’s a very mediocre lip sync artist. I’d even go as far to say I’d have saved Vivacious based on “Shake It Up” as April just looked angry and flailed. I appreciated Vivacious and her old school style more and it left more of an impression. We can’t even discuss her lip sync against Trinity because she was murdered. Another filler bites the dust. I will say that her looks have come on leaps and bounds since her spell on drag race. She looks amazing nowadays.

saving Bagachipz

Edited by Zoey0069
Forgot to add the save

5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

April :( 

One of my favourite early boot - she has way more to offer, in my opinion. One of the few early boot I would love to see on All Stars instead of the one they brought on the upcoming all-stars.

I’d enjoy seeing her on an all stars season now she’s grown. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Anyone from S6 not named Bianca, Courtney, Adore, BenDeLaCreme or Trinity can leave tbh.

Eh, one of them can leave tbh. 

Also as a whole, S6 is my favourite cast. 

Edited by *Chris

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Eh, one of them can leave tbh. 

Also as a whole, S6 is my favourite cast. 

I mean Trinity can leave since she's transphobic as hell and her S6 run was kind of rough, but I liked her lip syncs, at least.

AS2 wins for me for having Alaska, Katya, Detox, Alyssa and Tatianna. :wub:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I mean Trinity can leave since she's transphobic as hell and her S6 run was kind of rough, but I liked her lip syncs, at least.

AS2 wins for me for having Alaska, Katya, Detox, Alyssa and Tatianna. :wub:

Wasn't talking about her though - there's a certain queen that I always found overrated 😛 

AS2 end results ruined for me - Alaska was too oversaturated. 

22 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Dela S6 was beat fair and square by Darienne twice, and I will stan forever for that.

I actually like Darienne, a lot - she is one of the queen that my opinion improved after seeing her perform & meeting her perform.

However, there's some queens that I've seen that my opinion changed in a negative way - notably a certain winner from the earlier season.