The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

Kennedy Davenport (All-Stars 3)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

These nominations are a mess. LOL. Anyways. I need to finish this write-up quickly so that I can cut either Nina West or Eureka.

Kennedy Davenport's time on All-Stars 3 is a complete disappointment. There are eight episodes total in All-Stars 3. In the seven episodes that led up to the finale, Kennedy found herself in the bottom four times. For more than half of the competition, Kennedy disappointed enough to almost go home. And still Kennedy ended the season as Runner-Up. BLASPHEMY. Kennedy Davenport really dropped the ball during All-Stars 3, which is super unfortunate because I do believe that she is super talented. However, I do not blame Kennedy so much as I blame the twisted and stupid format of All-Stars 3 for keeping her around far longer than necessary. I also think that Kennedy benefited greatly from BenDeLaCreme abandoning the competition on the week that would most likely have seen her eliminated from the competition. Kennedy truly benefitted from being friendly enough with everybody to avoid elimination, and to gain enough jury votes to actually advance to the finale. Still complete and utter bullshit. Dare I say, Kennedy might be the weakest runner-up in RPDR Herstory. Especially disappointing to watch her fail in her depictions of Janet Jackson during Divas Lip Sync Live and Phaedra Parks during Snatch Game.

With only two notable performances the entire season (The Bitchelor + All-Star Talent Show), Kennedy leeched off the broken formula and solidified Trixie Mattel as the undoubted winner of the tragic season. I really want to be positive in this write-up because Kennedy is so talented, but there is just nothing positive to say about her very underwhelming performance that season. EIGHT JURY POINTS?! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. Anyways. Time to eliminate Kennedy before she lasts too long in the Rankdown as well.

SAVING: Roxxxy Andrews (S5)

Edited by Deeee

From everything I've read, Kennedy doesn't seem like the easiest person to work with, so I'm not surprised by how much she complained about difficulty getting booked. Trixie said Kennedy ghosted her and gave her the cold shoulder after the AS3 finale aired and Trixie won.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

From everything I've read, Kennedy doesn't seem like the easiest person to work with, so I'm not surprised by how much she complained about difficulty getting booked. Trixie said Kennedy ghosted her and gave her the cold shoulder after the AS3 finale aired and Trixie won.

I believe it. Kennedy comes across very boring and cold, despite her talents. The difficulties in her getting booked make a lot of sense to me. Kennedy seems very bitter about people not appreciating her performance on the show and her artistic talents, but I think people are just responding to her very cold energy. She seems to only hold her drag in high regards.

Eureka (Season 10)

source.gif

giphy.gif

SmMymdz.gif

"Proportionizing!"

Eureka is far too problematic as a human being to justify keeping her around despite the fact that I think she did very well on Season 10. Is there a Black RPDR Queen that Eureka has not fought with at this point? LOL. How many racist statements have come out of her mouth? LOL. How many Twitter/IG fights has she started? LOL. There is zero doubt that Eureka is one of the most polarizing contestants in the Herstory of RPDR. 

After leaving Season 9 due to injury, Eureka was given an open invitation to return to Season 10. That she did. While Eureka was loud and obnoxious on Season 9, her storyline focused on her "pageantry feud" with Trinity Taylor and less on her ignorant and dramatic ways. That is why her dramatic return to Season 10 comes as sort of a shock in my opinion. Not that I expected her to be less annoying or anything, I just did not expect Eureka to be so problematic. 

There is a ton to write about Eureka, so I plan on returning to this write-up when I am not battling the flu and diving into her infamous feud with The Vixen, after show shenanigans, and her near victory over Aquaria. But for now, I say let's get rid of the ignorant racist and just be happy that she is eliminated. 

The one and only bar viewing party I went to for S10 was during the Breastworld episode. I've never heard a bar erupt into cheers as quickly as when it looked like Eureka was getting eliminated, only to immediately switch into boos when she got saved too. :haha: 

Bobby Moynihan Eating GIF by ProducerEntertainmentGroup
Nina West

Nina West never really impressed me and I’m shocked how she made it as far as she did. She even won Miss Congeniality over the likes of Plastique and Shuga. Nina was a queen who relied solely on personality  and that’s what got her to where she ended up. Her runways were absolutely atrocious and the only one that I remotely liked was the Little Shop of Horrors themed costume (I still think it’s Super Mario themed and refuse to believe otherwise). 

Nina deserves to go here based on the queens she’s against. I believe she has her own foundation where she’s raised over 2 million dollars for the LGBTQ+ community? I read that somewhere the other day after googling her. She can have props for that but other life choices stop her placing any higher

season 9 GIF by RuPaul's Drag RaceGIF by Stan.

Valentina (S9)

I’ve decided to cut Valentina because I believe the other queens remaining in this set have a better track record. Valentina started out as one of my favourites on her season. Her runways were always fantastic and she did well in most of the challenges (the roast was not funny) but there was always something missing. I could never put my finger on it until I compared it to her run on AS4 and realised she just came across as fake. It was pretty much all an act and the other queens confirmed it at the reunion. The difference between her original run and AS4 run is that she embraced she was a villain and did not care. Finally, some personality from her that wasn’t contrived or stolen from a pageant speech. Valentina (AS4) >>>>> Valentina (S9)

I can’t not mention her lip sync against the great, Nina Bonina Osama Bin Ladin Brown. Valentina went in to the lip sync SHOOK and had a meltdown which caused her to forget the words and not finish her make up under her mask (it’s drag race, lazy! Finish your mug). Valentina states that she did know the words and I tend to believe her but it wouldn’t surprise me if she never bothered because she thought she’d sail through each week.

She’s gone in to do some great things since. She’s starred in the live version of RENT as Angel, she’s graced the pages of many editorial magazines and featured on America’s Next Top Model.

Kennedy :broken: I understand why she was cut and her performance in AS3 wasn't as strong as I hoped it'd be. I have a soft spot for her though because she's probably my favorite queen I've seen perform live, she was incredible.

Is this who's left?

Alexis Mateo (S3)

Chad Michaels (S4)

Blu Hydrangea