Just for fun, let's predict the demographic of the S23 winner?

AD25

What’s the predicted demographic of the S23 winner?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Gender

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. Age

• 15-17
    • 18-25
    • 26-28
  3. 3. Musical genre of choice

• Pop
    • Country
    • R&B
    • Rock

My younger sister is a singer and sadly she auditioned online once for Alejandro's season and got told no thanks mainly because of the intense talent that year. lol

She can't even audition again because like me she's born in the early 1990's.

32 AIN'T OLD. lol

1 minute ago, KelseyW said:

My younger sister is a singer and sadly she auditioned online once for Alejandro's season and got told no thanks mainly because of the intense talent that year. lol

She can't even audition again because like me she's born in the early 1990's.

32 AIN'T OLD. lol

As far as the music industry is concerned, it’s “old,” and this show claims to care about creating “stars.” The Voice would cast an 80 year old if they thought it would be good for ratings. 

• Sad 1

Music industry is full of crapola. lol

If Morgan Freeman can act at 50 plus...

See what I mean?

I'm glad I was at least 12 when Abi was born. That doesn't sting as bad when I think of it that way...

Just now, KelseyW said:

Music industry is full of crapola. lol

If Morgan Freeman can act at 50 plus...

See what I mean?

I'm glad I was at least 12 when Abi was born. That doesn't sting as bad when I think of it that way...

They can still be relevant past 32, it’s just difficult to launch a career at that age. 

Wendy Moten was 56 when she was on The Voice, and I supported her. 10 seasons prior, I probably wouldn’t have. It doesn’t even matter anymore on that show. It’s hardly worth their time to audition. 

• Like 1

TRUST ME I KNOW. lmao

My sister works as a character actress (costumed character in a fairytale forest storybook environment) for a local theme park. She loves her job but yeah... I know she wants to perform more on stage and release original music.

Not going off topic or anything but my selfish butt wants to knock one off my bucket list someday... And that's to see and be on the set of American Idol/in the crowd.

SELFISH I KNOW. lmao

She's good by the way. Sorry done rambling. lol AI wouldn't like someone who can do J-Pop, and opera, and classical. And yada yada yada. VOICE IS AN INSTRUMENT. lol :P 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Something like that. But some people are already dreaming of their next IT girl I'm guessing. :giggle:

Nah, we're latching onto the one big W we got that will inevitably be followed by a campaign next season that's not as exciting or successful.

Kind of like how so many people on here reference S19, but 20...Mmm, not much unless it's about Leah, lol.

Edited by NGL2008
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

She's good by the way. Sorry done rambling. lol AI wouldn't like someone who can do J-Pop, and opera, and classical. And yada yada yada. VOICE IS AN INSTRUMENT. lol :P 

I'm classically trained too, but I branch out (also on piano) because of my music therapy degree. If you ever looked through Julia's TikTok, the amount of theater and even opera content on there makes it surprising they ever considered casting her. That's kind of what makes her musically capable of so many different things, though.

• Thanks 1

Awesome. My sis almost taught music out of peer pressure. Also did a stint with music therapy but would rather be an original artist. 

That's awesome about Julia. I got some digging through socials to do once the Abi winning euphoria wears off. (NEVER. LOL)

Just now, Elliott said:

It’ll probably be a WGWG and this forum will then go crazy saying that a woman will never win Idol again.

That was my guess. But some how 70% of the people are thinking we will get back to back female winners. :dead:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

That was my guess. But some how 70% of the people are thinking we will get back to back female winners. :dead:

Meanwhile Idol hasn't had women win back-to-back seasons since 2005. :giggle:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Sorry, but it's funny how on these kind of polls always most people here always choose "female" only for men to win 75% of the time.:dead:

Welcome to idolforums.com

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AmericanIdolFan0310 said:

I personally would love to see a female rocker win the show. I doubt it happens but it would be so cool for a female rock artist to finally win after all these years. 

Can she be Asian or black or Hispanic?

Not white....

Just saying...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AmericanIdolFan0310 said:

I personally would love to see a female rocker win the show. I doubt it happens but it would be so cool for a female rock artist to finally win after all these years. 

i mean Abi literally just won lmao. i'd say all of her song choices fit under some unbrella of rock music besides Oceans, My Mind, Hello, Part of Your World, and Somewhere. 

i'm not claiming songs like All Too Well and Clocks are peak rock music but they are definitely rock influenced songs lol.

Edited by m1key
  • Thanks 1

since the beginning of Idol the only time a female won two years in a row was season 3 and 4 . so i guess the odds are for another male.

• Like 1