Top 5 Poll

AD25

Top 5 Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who WILL Comprise Our Finale 3? (select 3)

• Abi Carter
    • Jack Blocker
    • Triston Harper
    • Will Moseley
    • Emmy Russell
  2. 2. Who SHOULD Comprise Our Finale 3? (select 3)

• Abi Carter
    • Jack Blocker
    • Triston Harper
    • Will Moseley
    • Emmy Russell

It's not out of the realm of possibility that it will be an all-male Top 3.  Each of the guys fits the Idol profile.  They are all from Southern States who are known for strumming the guitar and all at some point have performed Country music on the show.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

if there is somehow an all-male finale (it is extremely unlikely, but just playing devil's advocate) idk how the show moves forward from that with their female contestants in the long-term.

this season TPTB pimped the women to EXTREMES. if none of them were able to get into the finale despite then that would be a massive backfire... 

and even then, if Abi makes finale and doesn't win... what is it going to take at this point for another female winner? HunterGirl couldn't do it, Megan couldn't do it, Abi couldn't do it...  It's funny tho because I think Megan has a legit shot at winning *any* other ABC season that isn't S21 lol.

I don't agree that the women were pimped to extremes this season. If they were, the guys would be criticized, and aside from Jack during the early stages of the competition, none of the guys who have made it to the finals have really been criticized.

If we get an all-male Top 3, it's the judges' fault for refusing to judge. Triston is being gassed up as great even though he has sucked for weeks now, and if Abi misses the finale 'cause of Triston, I blame the judges for not doing their jobs.

Relative to the difficulty of the work, being an Idol judge has to have the highest amount of money paid to work done ratio, making being an Idol judge one of the easiest jobs in the world. Idol judges are basically paid to sit on their asses. It's a really easy gig.

Posted (edited)

I don’t think an all-male finale is gonna happen but I also don’t feel confident about a girl ever winning ABC Idol again. I think Abi is our best shot in forever. She has a real chance and would make for a fantastic winner but I don’t wanna set myself up for disappointment so I’d rather believe a country guy is winning and get positively surprised if that doesn’t happen. 

Maddie won the first season when the demographic over ABC Idol wasn’t yet clear cut and Sam won a pandemic virtual season in a 5 person weird ass finale. She would definitely lose if it wasn’t for those circunstances. If Fox Idol, whose was more female friendly (but still not friendly at all LOL) had to pull off a Season 12 to get a female winner after Jordin, I feel like that’s the easiest way ABC can achieve the same. Cut country and rock males before the lives show, let all the male representation be mediocre pop/r&b singers with no crossover appeal and a female will win. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

I don't agree that the women were pimped to extremes this season. If they were, the guys would be criticized, and aside from Jack during the early stages of the competition, none of the guys who have made it to the finals have really been criticized.

Abi, Emmy, Julia, Kaibrienne, and McKenna all had very large and memorable sob stories. i can't point to another recent season that has had that many women with edits like that. Triston was the only male with a sob story on the level of the girls this season. Jack/Kayko's stories were more about their unique auditions circumstances than their actual lives.

imo, the judges/TPTB have done as much as they possibly can to prevent a guy from winning while also avoiding going to the lengths of Season 12. they are not going to actively sabotage male contestants - they can't really afford to do that in 2024 given the demographic. Will and Jack have had extremely mediocre, verging on weak, edits imo. simply just compare them to the likes of Chayce and Noah, who had much larger sob stories and edits. 

Triston is clearly the one they want in the Finale of the three men imo (and it's probably because he's the easiest for a girl to beat...) 

Edited by m1key

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, m1key said:

Abi, Emmy, Julia, Kaibrienne, and McKenna all had very large and memorable sob stories. i can't point to another recent season that has had that many women with edits like that. Triston was the only male with a sob story on the level of the girls this season. Jack/Kayko's stories were more about their unique auditions circumstances than their actual lives.

imo, the judges/TPTB have done as much as they possibly can to prevent a guy from winning while also avoiding going to the lengths of Season 12. they are not going to actively sabotage male contestants - they can't really afford to do that in 2024 given the demographic. Will and Jack have had extremely mediocre, verging on weak, edits imo. simply just compare them to the likes of Chayce and Noah, who had much larger sob stories and edits. 

Triston is clearly the one they want in the Finale of the three men imo (and it's probably because he's the easiest for a girl to beat...) 

The girls may have more memorable sob stories, but none of their stories are at the level of Triston's with his bout with homelessness and escaping domestic abuse.

Triston has been actively sabotaged ever since he tried to move more on stage with the only thing that's been missing is performance criticism.

I don't think they want Triston in the finale at all 'cause if Triston is in the finale, it'll be another Season 9 where story trumps performance quality with Simon constantly portraying Lee as a humble paint salesman who deserves a break despite Lee giving what was at the time the worst batch of finale performances ever. There's no way Triston loses with a sob story of that level if he makes the finale, and TPTB know that.

Edited by MalwareDie

17 hours ago, m1key said:

if there is somehow an all-male finale (it is extremely unlikely, but just playing devil's advocate) idk how the show moves forward from that with their female contestants in the long-term.

this season TPTB pimped the women to EXTREMES. if none of them were able to get into the finale despite then that would be a massive backfire... 

and even then, if Abi makes finale and doesn't win... what is it going to take at this point for another female winner? HunterGirl couldn't do it, Megan couldn't do it, Abi couldn't do it...  It's funny tho because I think Megan has a legit shot at winning *any* other ABC season that isn't S21 lol.

What I think it's going to take at this point for another female winner is a female who can sing as well as Kelly Clarkson or Jennifer Hudson can, who has a girl next door type of personality, who has a real good sense of who she is as an artist and who can cover country songs just as well as any other songs she decides to sing. And it would be helpful if the male contestants she was going up against were as weak as they could possibly be.

Posted (edited)

I would think that if you are a fan of female contestants, you would want to support them after the show so they won't just disappear.  And that means buying their music, seeing them perform live.  Instead of just winning a title - that goes nowhere.  Aside from Chayce, who had a hit single, even though his album flopped, the last time Idol had a legit big winner was back in Season 11.  My math says that was 12 years ago.

Edited by mytake1

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

I would think that if you are a fan of female contestants, you would want to support them after the show so they won't just disappear.  And that means buying their music, seeing them perform live.  Instead of just winning a title - that goes nowhere.  Aside from Chayce, who had a hit single, even though his album flopped, the last time Idol had a legit big winner was back in Season 11.  My math says that was 12 years ago.

If Abi is in the Southern Oregon area, I might try to see her.  And I’ll buy her music.