Reddit Point-And-Laugh Thread

37 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

What if it was about someone else, who wasn't your special snowflake?  There have been negative posts on other contestants on IDF.  They were not deleted nor were the posters "punished".

pretty sure if any of us were to refer to body parts of contestants on the tone of that post, we would get a warning, suspension or ban but sure i guess.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

This season, though, has had especially vile discourse for whatever reason. 

tell me about it...

i've refrained from talking about this on here, but i actually found out through a source that there was a group of people insulting/harassing me behind my back for some of the opinions i post on here. i don't feel comfortable discussing it further, because i suspect there were people on this forum participating in it and there are also many people lurking who apparently have a lot to say. however, if you connect the dots and look, you can probably find what i'm talking about lol. 

but to those specific lurkers and user(s), just know that i saw all of your lovely comments! 🥰

Edited by m1key
  • Sad 6

12 minutes ago, m1key said:

tell me about it...

i've refrained from talking about this on here, but i actually found out through a source that there was a group of people insulting/harassing me behind my back for some of the opinions i post on here. i don't feel comfortable discussing it further, because i suspect there were people on this forum participating in it and there are also many people lurking who apparently have a lot to say. however, if you connect the dots and look, you can probably find what i'm talking about lol. 

but to those specific lurkers and user(s), just know that i saw all of your lovely comments! 🥰

For the record, Idol Maniac talks very positively about your opinions elsewhere. You have a big appreciator in him.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

It would be mean as crap regardless of who's snowflake it was.

You can't honestly tell me women aren't treated like Satan worshipers if they attempt rock (for ex) music but guys who rock lol for ex... OMG I WANNA MARRY THEM. SO HAWT. 

EYEROLL.

Agreed.  Even if Abi wasn't my favorite, saying the kind of things that this person on Reddit did about her was terribly mean.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

For the record, Idol Maniac talks very positively about your opinions elsewhere. You have a big appreciator in him.

I have no idea what's going on anymore...

I just know the hype of the finale is holding me hostage, and I think the power of certain contestants has created some nice bonds for me on here. Even if we don't share a majority of our other favs. 🤷‍♂️

(And apparently this, fittingly enough, is my 100th post.)

Edited by NGL2008
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

If people on IDF didn’t talk about Reddit so much, I wouldn’t even know they discuss the show on there. It doesn’t appear as though there’s enough activity there to make a dent. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If people on IDF didn’t talk about Reddit so much, I wouldn’t even know they discuss the show on there. It doesn’t appear as though there’s enough activity there to make a dent. 

(If I'm not still on ignore after the Triston GF Bible quote thing that spiralled weirdly out of control...)

This thread was originally started just to gossip about the extreme pro-Kayko posts, if the tag serves right, but as you can see there is more nasty crap surfacing nearly every other day. Heck, they're sometimes more active than we are.

And apparently, there's more going on between forums than I had thought. But I pretty much closed with my piece earlier.

Edited by NGL2008

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

(If I'm not still on ignore after the Triston GF Bible quote thing that spiralled weirdly out of control...)

This thread was originally started just to gossip about the extreme pro-Kayko posts, if the tag serves right, but as you can see there is more nasty crap surfacing nearly every other day. Heck, they're sometimes more active than we are.

And apparently, there's more going on between forums than I had thought. (Hiii! If feces hits the fan, can I make it into a YouTube reading?👋)

But I pretty much closed with my piece earlier.

I never put you on “ignore.” You must have read my comment incorrectly, and I didn’t even comment on whatever Triston’s GF posted, because I honestly don’t give AF. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I never put you on “ignore.” You must have read my comment incorrectly, and I didn’t even comment on whatever Triston’s GF posted. 

"I have no idea who you are, but I get the feeling you're going to end up on my ignore list." Shortly after talking about people who happen to only vote for women.

I really don't wanna flash back to anything more than that, because my points in that discussion were not acknowledged whatsoever. I'd rather move on. 😶

Edited by NGL2008
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

"I have no idea who you are, but I get the feeling you're going to end up on my ignore list." Shortly after talking about people who happen to only vote for women.

I really don't wanna flash back to anything more than that, because my points in that discussion were not acknowledged whatsoever. I'd rather move on. 😶

Yes, you will probably eventually end up on my ignore list. Future tense!

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes, you will probably eventually end up on my ignore list. Future tense!

Wow, an empty threat apparently. So I was supposed to just not assume that you'd done it? Especially since you literally had nothing to say in response to the fact that you ignored my arguments? What other conclusion was I supposed to arrive to?

Idk, pal. You're friendly on here in nearly any other circumstance. And the random aggressive edit you just did... It's baffling.

19 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

Wow, an empty threat apparently. So I was supposed to just not assume that you'd done it? Especially since you literally had nothing to say in response to the fact that you ignored my arguments? What other conclusion was I supposed to arrive to?

Idk, pal. You're friendly on here in nearly any other circumstance. And the random aggressive edit you just did... It's baffling.

You were arguing with yourself, and I wasn’t about to try to make sense out of whatever gibberish you were going on about that day. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You were arguing with yourself, and I wasn’t about to try to make sense out of whatever gibberish you were going on about that day. 

I assure you it was not gibberish. Weirdly, everybody else seemed to get it. Voting for women to give that demographic a chance for once? Nothing wrong with it. Point blank. Coming from somebody who brought Jack into the Top 3.

Trust me, I've been gaslit too many times in my life to bother going through that again.

Edited by NGL2008

2 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

I assure you it was not gibberish. Weirdly, everybody else seemed to get it. Voting for women to give that demographic a chance for once? Nothing wrong with it. Point blank.

Trust me, I've been gaslit too many times in my life to bother going through that again.

True, I have a history of not supporting female contestants. I deserve to be called out. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

True, I have a history of not supporting female contestants. I deserve to be called out. 

F*** me. That was not how it started. Ever have to be told that not everything is about you?

As for the one role you did play: You were just weirdly visceral towards Carmen who said nothing but that. Call me a simp. It wouldn't be original. Are we done finally?

Edited by NGL2008

17 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

F*** me. That was not how it started. Ever have to be told that not everything is about you?

As for the one role you did play: You were just weirdly visceral towards Carmen who said nothing but that. Call me a simp. It wouldn't be original. Are we done finally?

I still have no clue what you’re talking about, but yeah…we are done. :haha:

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I still have no clue what you’re talking about, but yeah…we are done. :haha:

Fine then, here's a footnote since I didn't think I had to spell it out (how foolish of me:)

All Carmen said, before anybody else came into the equation, was that she enjoys voting for women she likes, and in some cases only women. Especially to help that demographic stand out, I'm inclined to believe, is the reason.

Again, your manipulation is futile. Enough dirty laundry on here. Peace. ✌️ 

Edited by NGL2008

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

Fine then, here's a footnote since I didn't think I had to spell it out (how foolish of me:)

All Carmen said, before anybody else came into the equation, was that she enjoys voting for women she likes, and in some cases only women. Especially to help that demographic stand out, I'm inclined to believe, is the reason.

Again, your manipulation is futile. Enough dirty laundry on here. Peace. ✌️ 

I’m still as puzzled as ever, but I will say this. I’ve long been a card carrying member of Team Waffle, but you people have turned me to the Dark Side. I don’t care whether a female ever wins again.  :haha:

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m still as puzzled as ever, but I will say this. I’ve long been a card carrying member of Team Waffle, but you people have turned me to the Dark Side. I don’t care whether a female ever wins again.  :haha:

Mmmkay, your indifference is fine with me. 

And unless we wanna go back to talking about Le Trash Subreddit, whatever happens to this thread is up to y'all. I just wrote one thing in parentheses in case I had been blocked, and apparently that was a mistake. Not like being autistic and having my words go over people's heads is a daily struggle or anything. 

Edited by NGL2008

43 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

Mmmkay, your indifference is fine with me. 

And unless we wanna go back to talking about Le Trash Subreddit, whatever happens to this thread is up to y'all. I just wrote one thing in parentheses in case I had been blocked, and apparently that was a mistake. Not like being autistic and having my words go over people's heads is a daily struggle or anything. 

You’re autistic?  I have Asperger’s Syndrome, an Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

You’re autistic?  I have Asperger’s Syndrome, an Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

I actually knew that for a while back when I was lurking, but they're often put in the same group now the way I understand it. Makes sense to me that your "why this person lost" threads are so thorough as a result. Regardless, is it any wonder this show and Big Brother are two of my special interests?

If you don't feel like explaining what went wrong in the initial thread, that's fine and you can ignore this part. But when I had talked about Triston's GF, I remember you saying you liked the guy but wouldn't vote for him especially now. Followed by Audra telling you to cut the crap before you dig your own grave even further, or something like that. I just found that super odd.

Edited by NGL2008

1 minute ago, NGL2008 said:

I actually knew that for a while back when I was lurking, but they're often put in the same group now the way I understand it. Makes sense to me that your "why this person lost" threads are so thorough as a result. Regardless, is it any wonder this show and Big Brother are two of my special interests?

If you don't feel like explaining what went wrong in the initial thread, that's fine and you can ignore this part. But when I had talked about Triston's GF, I remember you saying you liked the guy but wouldn't vote for him especially now. Followed by Audra telling you to cut the crap. I just found that super odd.

My response to Carmen had nothing to do with what she said about Triston. You should go back and read it again.