Reddit Point-And-Laugh Thread

15 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

"Abi's mom made her drop out of school so SHE could go to school."

Erm...How legit of an interpretation is this? Their relationship seemed totally fine, given they sang together at the Hometown Visit. 

this post annoyed me so much. go try raise 7 kids on your own before saying sh*t like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I also don't understand "I never would've voted for Candice if I had known she would flop." Bruh? Getting 2nd isn't a guarantee you're successful either. How much has Kree Harrison done?

But maybe I'm just biased because Lovesong (and its circumstances) has yet to be topped, imo.

• Like 2

"Growing up in an emotionally and financially stable two parent household is NOT a privilege, it is a right that certain selfish “parents” deprive their children of." 

this comment somehow has 5 upvotes?!

(not to overshare) as a child of divorce myself, this comment was extremely triggering to see. this is such a tone deaf, disgusting, and privileged take. removing yourself from an abusive or toxic marriage is NOT a selfish decision. the only thing parents are (rightfully) depriving their children of is having to grow up in a toxic living situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

One more question:

Why does it matter so much that her movements "appear calculated" if Jack's facial expressions aren't a problem at all? Like, I have an issue with neither. But suddenly you get like one person complaining about the latter, downvoted to oblivion, and a dozen people complaining about the former.

I'm not saying you should peck on the ground like a chicken while on stage, but visual stimuli is clearly not the most important aspect here. Reddit agrees, but only sometimes. 😉

Kind of reminds me of when Justice Murphy's face was suddenly a problem...

Edited by NGL2008

28 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

One more question:

Why does it matter so much that her movements "appear calculated" if Jack's facial expressions aren't a problem at all? Like, I have an issue with neither. But suddenly you get like one person complaining about the latter, downvoted to oblivion, and a dozen people complaining about the former.

I'm not saying you should peck on the ground like a chicken while on stage, but visual stimuli is clearly not the most important aspect here. Reddit agrees, but only sometimes. 😉

Kind of reminds me of when Justice Murphy's face was suddenly a problem...

Her stage presence does leave a lot to be desired for...but to be fair, the same can be said for all the contestants this season. I would say this is the weakest group when it comes to stage presence. Every last one of the top 10 had problems in that department. I mean Triston was ragged on all season for how awkward and cringy he was on stage.

2 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Her stage presence does leave a lot to be desired for...but to be fair, the same can be said for all the contestants this season. I would say this is the weakest group when it comes to stage presence. Every last one of the top 10 had problems in that department. I mean Triston was ragged on all season for how awkward and cringy he was on stage.

Fair enough. For me, it was more so that I saw Triston as very novel and predictable. That said, this was not the right cast to test "dancing skills" with. So many of them are deliberate musicians that they probably should have saved that for another season 

44 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

One more question:

this reminds me of when Taylor Swift said: "A man does something, it's strategic. A woman does the same thing, it's calculated."

i'm not exactly citing Taylor as a groundbreaking feminist (she is far from that lol), but that quote applies perfectly to this situation. it's subconscious sexism.

i agree that Abi's stage presence is not perfect, but she is at least stepping outside of her comfort zone. she's obviously more used to performing at the piano.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Th

53 minutes ago, m1key said:

"Growing up in an emotionally and financially stable two parent household is NOT a privilege, it is a right that certain selfish “parents” deprive their children of." 

this comment somehow has 5 upvotes?!

(not to overshare) as a child of divorce myself, this comment was extremely triggering to see. this is such a tone deaf, disgusting, and privileged take. removing yourself from an abusive or toxic marriage is NOT a selfish decision. the only thing parents are (rightfully) depriving their children of is having to grow up in a toxic living situation. 

This subreddit was especially difficult to see. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but Andrea is seriously one of the best moms ever and she did not deserve this level of ugliness. She has never stepped into any decision lightly and always tries to do what is best for the kids. She would be the first to admit that she is not perfect, but who is? We all do the best we can. She also has no desire to be in the spotlight but does whatever the show asks because she truly wants to help Abi. She has no control over the way things are later edited. 

To set the record straight, Abi is not a high school dropout. She transferred from a public high school to an online homeschool program. This allowed her to complete school while working and helping with the younger kids. She used the money she made from working to buy a car and pay for college. She did not provide financial help to the family. Instead, she and her older siblings helped watch younger kids, helped with homework, and drove to and from activities. She dual enrolled in college and 2 years after graduating from high school, she got her BA in Psychology. At that point, she dove more into music and that's what led her to American Idol.  

They are an incredibly close and supportive family. All of the kids are bright and super-talented in their own ways. They do not deserve this kind of negative rhetoric. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NGL2008 said:

One more question:

Why does it matter so much that her movements "appear calculated" if Jack's facial expressions aren't a problem at all? Like, I have an issue with neither. But suddenly you get like one person complaining about the latter, downvoted to oblivion, and a dozen people complaining about the former....

the jack fans on that sub are funny as hell, i can't even take them seriously. all the "he let the music moves him and the other contestants don't" when he's blinking at the camera, doing 1-2-3 steps side to side, putting his finger on his head when singing the word "mind", etc. i don't mind it. there's a thing called stage rehearsals where the contestants have to know beat by beat what they are gonna do on stage so the camera crew knows exactly what they are gonna get on each frame of the performance. everything needs to be rehearsed from the way you open your eyes to the way you tilt your head. some will look more natural, that's true but that also comes with time, it's a uncomfortable experience, especially for those that are attempting it for the first time. 

for the record, i do like jack's stage presence but it does come across as calculated at times (the entire first half of always on my mind, all the weird movements he did on nobody's fool, etc). as does abi. i think she did really awesome with clocks and bring me to life but you could tell she was super in her head during some parts of the chain. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

the jack fans on that sub are funny as hell, i can't even take them seriously. all the "he let the music moves him and the other contestants don't" when he's blinking at the camera, doing 1-2-3 steps side to side, putting his finger on his head when singing the word "mind", etc. i don't mind it. there's a thing called stage rehearsals where the contestants have to know beat by beat what they are gonna do on stage so the camera crew knows exactly what they are gonna get on each frame of the performance. everything needs to be rehearsed from the way you open your eyes to the way you tilt your head. some will look more natural, that's true but that also comes with time, it's a uncomfortable experience, especially for those that are attempting it for the first time. 

for the record, i do like jack's stage presence but it does come across as calculated at times (the entire first half of always on my mind, all the weird movements he did on nobody's fool, etc). as does abi. i think she did really awesome with clocks and bring me to life but you could tell she was super in her head during some parts of the chain. 

Tbh, that was one of my favorite performances because of the physical attitude. It almost played out like:

Judges to Triston: You know, you can really move those legs. Way to give your act some pizzazz!

Abi: *furiously taking notes* Uh huh...Go on.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

Tbh, that was one of my favorite performances because of the physical attitude. It almost played out like:

Judges to Triston: You know, you can really move those legs. Way to give your act some pizzazz!

Abi: *furiously taking notes* Uh huh...Go on.

it grew on me LOL, i thought the part where she matched ler legs movement to the guitar chords was a bit weird but I absolutely loved the stomping during the 2nd verse, it was badass. And the vocal on itself was incredible. 

Edited by wildestinvegas

3 hours ago, AuntTami said:

Th

This subreddit was especially difficult to see. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but Andrea is seriously one of the best moms ever and she did not deserve this level of ugliness. She has never stepped into any decision lightly and always tries to do what is best for the kids. She would be the first to admit that she is not perfect, but who is? We all do the best we can. She also has no desire to be in the spotlight but does whatever the show asks because she truly wants to help Abi. She has no control over the way things are later edited. 

To set the record straight, Abi is not a high school dropout. She transferred from a public high school to an online homeschool program. This allowed her to complete school while working and helping with the younger kids. She used the money she made from working to buy a car and pay for college. She did not provide financial help to the family. Instead, she and her older siblings helped watch younger kids, helped with homework, and drove to and from activities. She dual enrolled in college and 2 years after graduating from high school, she got her BA in Psychology. At that point, she dove more into music and that's what led her to American Idol.  

They are an incredibly close and supportive family. All of the kids are bright and super-talented in their own ways. They do not deserve this kind of negative rhetoric. 

I totally agree, and I’m so glad that I’m on Idolforums where subreddits like the one which suggests that Abi’s mom was selfish for not allowing her children to grow up in a two-parent household would be deleted!

• Like 2

Hooooly CRAP. Here we have someone who says they don't care who wins, and then...

"Abi started out positive, but I increasingly dislike her .... for 90% of the competition, she was screechy. Her interpretation of songs was poor MANY times. She would double over to shout lyrics in Oceans (totally not what its about). Lots of jarring, irrelevant runs and trills thrown in to demo voice, not sing the song.

Basically, Katy Perry really likes the song 'What Was I Made For', so revved Abi up at audition even though the performance had screechy notes and is physically painful to listen to in spots. Ouch.

Katy Pery's primary legacy will being getting millions of teenagers to sing 'I kissed a girl and I liked it' ... for her, 'What Was I Made For' is like a comnpelling anthem for the lost and confused. It seems deep.

Katy then had to save Abi in Hawaii by announcing she was the winner. This primed the minds of the easily influenced who, if they had missed the audition episode, wouldn't have noticed her subsequent lackluster screechy performances without KP again declaring her winner in Hawaii.

The more Abi performs, the less I like. She started out declaring she was from a very religious background. She said in audition she got to go to the concert in Coachallea 'by the grace of God'. What an odd thing to say. You pay your money, get your ticket and wander around in the mud. But she felt she needed to involve God in her concert attendance ... to show how spiritual she was.

4 weeks later she's prancing around the stage dressed goth, self-consciously displaying her chest as it hangs out in rehearsal w/Megan Trainor. And Mom is the stands, 'woo-woo!'. Abi explains she's 'in character'. Because American Idol fans are voting for characters, not people who are authentic.

Has to be one of the fastest falls I've seen. Suggests the 'religious background' was a marketing thing to gain favor. Given she's from a family of divorce and other odd choices, she comes across as a person willing to instantly compromise herself and do anything. No evidence of being from a strongly religious background and quite the opposite, acting out 'characters', etc.

Just another one of Katy Pery's 'Lost Girls'."

What an exhausting read. When did you EVER even like this girl?!

Touch grass. I'm going back to my grave.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, NGL2008 said:

Hooooly CRAP. Here we have someone who says they don't care who wins, and then...

"Abi started out positive, but I increasingly dislike her .... for 90% of the competition, she was screechy. Her interpretation of songs was poor MANY times. She would double over to shout lyrics in Oceans (totally not what its about). Lots of jarring, irrelevant runs and trills thrown in to demo voice, not sing the song.

Basically, Katy Perry really likes the song 'What Was I Made For', so revved Abi up at audition even though the performance had screechy notes and is physically painful to listen to in spots. Ouch.

Katy Pery's primary legacy will being getting millions of teenagers to sing 'I kissed a girl and I liked it' ... for her, 'What Was I Made For' is like a comnpelling anthem for the lost and confused. It seems deep.

Katy then had to save Abi in Hawaii by announcing she was the winner. This primed the minds of the easily influenced who, if they had missed the audition episode, wouldn't have noticed her subsequent lackluster screechy performances without KP again declaring her winner in Hawaii.

The more Abi performs, the less I like. She started out declaring she was from a very religious background. She said in audition she got to go to the concert in Coachallea 'by the grace of God'. What an odd thing to say. You pay your money, get your ticket and wander around in the mud. But she felt she needed to involve God in her concert attendance ... to show how spiritual she was.

4 weeks later she's prancing around the stage dressed goth, self-consciously displaying her chest as it hangs out in rehearsal w/Megan Trainor. And Mom is the stands, 'woo-woo!'. Abi explains she's 'in character'. Because American Idol fans are voting for characters, not people who are authentic.

Has to be one of the fastest falls I've seen. Suggests the 'religious background' was a marketing thing to gain favor. Given she's from a family of divorce and other odd choices, she comes across as a person willing to instantly compromise herself and do anything. No evidence of being from a strongly religious background and quite the opposite, acting out 'characters', etc.

I saw that :dead: I pictured that person having a seizure while writing this. 

• Haha 4

i love when haters become so obssesed with hating on a contestant that their comments begin to look like far right conspiracy theories 

"Katy then had to save Abi in Hawaii by announcing she was the winner. This primed the minds of the easily influenced..." enough of that pls 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

waynes world wayne campell GIF

Wow. Tell us you ship Trump with all things alt right Reddit loser... lol

I hate people. But especially the overt fake religious pearl clutching types that are offended by strong women. Like move out of your 1950's lifestyle and screw off. I assume a woman wrote that lovely piece about Abi...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

I saw that :dead: I pictured that person having a seizure while writing this. 

If Julia ever read this on Instagram, it would be the longest spit take ever.

Edited by NGL2008
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NGL2008 said:

Whoever wrote this is despicable, as Daffy Duck would say.  Good thing this post would be quickly deleted if it was posted on Idolforums and whoever wrote it would be punished.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Whoever wrote this is despicable, as Daffy Duck would say.  Good thing this post would be quickly deleted if it was posted on Idolforums and whoever wrote it would be punished.

What if it was about someone else, who wasn't your special snowflake?  There have been negative posts on other contestants on IDF.  They were not deleted nor were the posters "punished".

10 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

It's always funny to me how civil each season starts out, like "Oh yes, we all like these people a lot, very talented..."

Then 5 weeks later: "WORST SEASON EVER, AND I HEARD THAT YOUR FAVORITE RUNS AN UNDERGROUND COAL MINING FACTORY BLAH BLAH BLAH"

(And no, the coal mining part was not meant to be a reference but hey...) This season, though, has had especially vile discourse for whatever reason. Just funny to me that Iam was treated like a God during Hawaii Week that nobody could even touch, when exactly one year ago it was all "PFFFFFT who would listen to him for 2 hours XDXDXD"

9 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

What if it was about someone else, who wasn't your special snowflake?  There have been negative posts on other contestants on IDF.  They were not deleted nor were the posters "punished".

It would be mean as crap regardless of who's snowflake it was.

You can't honestly tell me women aren't treated like Satan worshipers if they attempt rock (for ex) music but guys who rock lol for ex... OMG I WANNA MARRY THEM. SO HAWT. 

EYEROLL.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Say it louder for those in the back. 

• Confused 3