2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Diana’s Decision Next)

Alex95

CARL MULLAN

DWTS: IRELAND - SERIES 6 || WINNER

3481060_2_seoimage4x3_DWTS_20Week_2011_20The_20FINAL_2019thMarch_20_202023_317_1_.jpg

Best known for his work as a television presenter, Carl Mullan joined the cast of the 6th series of Dancing With The Stars: Ireland, where he was paired with Emily Barker, whose best placements to that point were runner-up on the 3rd and 4th series. Their journey on the show didn't start strong, scoring 16 out of 30 points for their Foxtrot, placing them in the middle of the pack but also close to the bottom. The following week, he seemed to have improve with the Paso Doble, but this progress was short-lived as he fumbled the Samba in Week 3. His scores kept him in the middle range for the first three weeks, which was enough to make it through onto Week 4.  For the majority of his time on the show, he scored around  the 20 points mark.  It seemed that things turned around on Week 7, for him, with a score of 24 out of 40. While he struggled to deliver standout routines with standout scores, other contestants were scoring 8s, 9s, and 10s. His real breakthrough came with his Charleston, which scored 28 out of 30 and earned him his first 10. Despite not being on the same level as his fellow contestants, he made it to the finale, where he scored his first perfect score for their showdance and a 29 for his Paso Doble. He ended up winning the entire series over more skilled dancers, which I assume that's why he was nominated?  Normally, I would be opposed cutting a winner, at this point of the rankdown, but considering his average score put him in 5th place, I am fine with it. I was going to reconsider my decision when I saw he was the winner, but after seeing where he ranked overall, I decided against it. I'm sure he was a fine dancer, but since I haven't seen his dances nor do I care much for DWTS: Ireland, out of the rankdown he goes!

SAVING: TY & KAT

Tyler & Kayleen (TAR CAN9)

Ben & Anwar (TAR CAN9)

Aaron Bryant (The Bachelorette 20)

Jordan Sangha (BBUK 20)

Henry Southan (BBUK 20)

Nia & Rodrigo (The Challenge World Championship)

Jonna & Grant (The Challenge World Championship)

Leonardo Dionicio (Love Island USA 5)

Jessie Wynter (Love Island 9)

Tyrique Hyde (Love Island 9)

Jessie Wynter

Who is Jessie Wynter? Meet Love Island 2023 bombshell | Radio Times

Why did she have to spell her last name like that? She's nothing special!  Jessica Renee Wynter competed on Love Island Australia Season 2, and Love Island UK season 9.  She is in this rankdown for the latter.  She is join the other pile of love islanders that I have cut in this rankdown.  She entered the villa on Day 7, she got dumped on day 56, 2 days short of the finale. It looks like she coupled up with a man named Will during her time on the season. It looks like her was also dumped from the show at the same time.  They were the last couple eliminated before the finale.  

Save: Jonna & Grant

Ahhh Carl Mullan's win was one of the biggest disappointments in wins of 2023 for me. 🙈 The only upside to Carl's win was that it finally gave Emily a win (though if she were to win, she should have won Season 3 with Johnny Ward). Anywho, Carl is a fun and likable guy - but as the stats show, he wasn't nearly as good as the rest of the finalists + Panti, so him winning over them was disappointing. So while I wouldn't have minded Carl lasting a little longer, him placing 5th for the season below them is totally fair. He had some good/decent dances but again, others shone more than him. Sadly, it was more of the same for the 2024 series, so I'll talk about that next year. :dead: 

Aww dang I was hoping for Jessie to make it through and get saved but figured she wouldn't. :( I really liked her (+ her accent too) and really liked her & Will together. And see that they are still together, so that's great for them. ❤️ Happy for the Jonna/Grant save though.

32 minutes ago, Solaris said:

i think Zara Lackenby-Brown needs to be moved above those eliminated.  Can't miss another chance to cut a love islander.

zara-love-island.gif

LOL Why is that? So you can complain about her name? :dead: 

29 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

zara-love-island.gif

LOL Why is that? So you can complain about her name? :dead: 

I think you’re onto something :yes: 

• Haha 1

TYRIQUE HYDE

giphy.webp

Tyrique Hyde participated in Love Island 10. The Wiki tells me he was an OG islander as he entered the villa on Day 1. He also made it all the way to the finale, finishing in third place with Ella. I watched a clip on YouTube to get an idea of his time on the show. It was the Casa Amor recoupling, and Ella returned with a different guy. Tyrique chose to remain loyal, so he was hurt to see Ella with a different guy. He seemed adamant that he and Ella were done and he was ready to move on. Ella didn't want them to be done and  explained she wanted more time with this new guy, but Tyrique said the door was closed. Well, he and Ella somehow reconnected, so I guess he took back what he said. Anyway, I browsed some Reddit threads to get an idea on fans' opinions about Tyrique. There are a lot of people that call him toxic, and he and Ella were a dysfunctional relationship. There are other fans who thought he was entertaining TV though. There's a humorous post about how he's both a hero and a villain, and one of the comments on the post quotes the lyrics to that Meredith Brooks song, saying "He’s your hell he’s your dream. He’s nothing in between you know you wouldn’t want it any other way." Either way, he made an impression on the public enough to make it to the finale of the show, but his time is up in this rankdown.

Saving Leo.

96532288-27b9-47c9-b486-d23cfe98810a-leo_love_island.jpg?crop=3999,2250,x0,y1200&width=3200&height=1801&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Tyler & Kayleen

Tyler & Kayleen: Dating

Tyler and Kayleen are a dating team who appeared on the ninth season of The Amazing Race Canada. They had good athleticism and so stood out as early frontrunners, with her scuba diving experience and him being an athlete. Tyler was in a skydiving accident which left him as an amputee, making him the second amputee contestant in the show's history. The pair consistently performed well in the legs, winning three up until the finale. It just happened that the winning team had won four legs and so were the frontrunners. Sounds like it was probably a tight race to the finish and they did well. I know the least about them from who's left.

Save Jordan Sangha

Just now, *Lily said:

Tyler & Kayleen

Tyler & Kayleen: Dating

Tyler and Kayleen are a dating team who appeared on the ninth season of The Amazing Race Canada. They had good athleticism and so stood out as early frontrunners, with her scuba diving experience and him being an athlete. Tyler was in a skydiving accident which left him as an amputee, making him the second amputee contestant in the show's history. The pair consistently performed well in the legs, winning three up until the finale. It just happened that the winning team had won four legs and so were the frontrunners. Sounds like it was probably a tight race to the finish and they did well. I know the least about them from who's left.

Save Jordan Sangha

Should have been the other team instead. :/ 

Ben & Anwar (TAR CAN9)

Ben & Anwar: Friends

What is their relationship? They are friends! Their hometown is Winnipeg but Anwar lives in Toronto now. 11 episodes in this season and this duo was our 3rd placers! However, their loss in the end seems inevitable because they won a grand total of zero legs the entire season. They got 2nd place a couple times lol but they didn't even consistently get 2nd. They ended with an average worse than 4 other couples this season, including the winner, runner up, and the 6th and 7th placers. But yeah basically if your name wasn't Tyler this season then just give up and go home because you don't have a chance at the win. 

save Aaron 

Nia Moore & Rodrigo "Rodri" Cascón (The Challenge: World Championship)

1*XJdNxyELuW4wBZe71KiHJg.png

Nia Moore & Rodrigo "Rodri" Cascón were one of the many partnerships that competed on The Challenge: World Championship. This The Challenge spin-off series consisted of various international versions of The Challenge contestants from the USA, Australia, UK, Argentina versions of the show and they would partner up and compete with legends on the main version of The Challenge. Nia Moore was from the main version of The Challenge while Rodrigo was the newbie on the Argentina version of The Challenge. Rodrigo is also a celebrity chef, so this was well out of his comfort zone. I have been liking the newly reformed version of Nia, who has mellowed out and became really nice, which was a far difference from her wild days on her The Real World and early seasons of The Challenge. :haha: This was the second time we've seen this side of Nia after the 3rd season of The Challenge All Stars. But sadly, for the Team Argentina cast, they were easy and early targets of the competition where they barely stood a chance in the competition, as the teams of the other countries and the legends would target them right away. They lost Claudia early on in Episode 1. Then they also lost Jujuy & Nelson right after. Nia & Rodrigo struggled in many of the challenges. I think I remember them coming in close to last / in the Bottom 3 or so on the first main challenge (Chain Game). They really struggled on Episode 4's Gates of Hell challenge, where they placed last and were automatically in the arena game battle. Later on this episode, the majority of the cast voted in fellow Team Argentina Benja & Jodi. This was a tough and sad battle to see as Benja and Rodrigo were close friends, teammates and they lost their female Argentina counterparts in Claudia & Jujuy. But yeah Benja & Jodi were a strong team and ended up winning the Oiled Up arena game, sending Nia & Rodrgio home. :( They lasted 4 episodes. I felt bad for Nia & Rodrigo leaving against another Argentina team but I did prefer and root for other teams more, so I was ultimately okay with them going.

Saving: Henry Southan

henry-southan-bbuk.gif

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Diana’s Noms Next)

1. John Henry Spurlock (Bachelor in Paradise American Season 9)
2. Tanner Courtad (Bachelor in Paradise American Season 9)
3. Dotun Olubeko (The Bachelorette American Season 20)
4. Cory Wurtenberger (Big Brother 25 US)
5. Noky Simbani (Big Brother 20 UK)
6. Nicole Franzel-Arroyo (Big Brother Reindeer Games)
7. Kyland Young (The Challenge: Battle for a New Champion)
8. Ed Eason (The Challenge: Battle for a New Champion)
9. Josh Martinez (The Challenge: USA Season 2)
10. Johnny "Bananas" Devenanzio & Justine Ndiba (The Challenge: World Championship)
11. Nick Uhlenhuth (Perfect Match Season 1)
12. Fabio Costa (Project Runway Season 20)
13. Kaleb Gebrewold (Survivor 45)
14. Luciana Berry (Top Chef: World All-Stars)
15. Cody Calafiore (The Traitors US Season 1)
16. Azán (The Voice American Season 24)