2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Diana’s Decision Next)

Alex95

Rita Menu (RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under)

RitaMenu-e1693063387206.webp

This was a bit of a tricky decision to make as most of the remaining noms I know I do like to an extent and don't really want to cut right now. RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under is the only show I'm not really familiar with, so I was stuck between those two from that show. It looks like both Rita and Ivanna struggled though Rita did more so she ended up being my cut choice.

Rita Menu is a 24 year old Drag performer, from Hamilton, New Zealand, who finish 7th place on the 3rd series of RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under . LoL the name Rita Menu does make me chuckle, haha. Rita was safe on Episode 1's Mardi Gras Pride episode. But then Rita landed in the Bottom 2 on the next three episodes. She won 2 of those lip syncs. To break this down even further, Rita landed in the Bottom 2 on the 2nd episode titled, "Muriel's Bedding." The main challenge this episode, the queens create an outfit made out of leftover bedding materials. I'm guessing Rita is one of those queens without designing experience hence her landing in the Bottom 2. Rita did beat out Ivory Glaze in the lip sync to Sophie Ellis-Bextor's "Murder on the Dancefloor." On Episode 3's "Fake Housewives of Down Under," the queens participated in an improv challenge that was like a reunion show for Fake Housewives of Down Under. This sounds like it was fun and hilarious (I would assume). But it seems that Rita didn't impress the judges with her improv as she landed in the Bottom 2 once again. Rita landed in the Bottom 2 against Ivanna Drink and beat her out on the lip sync to Adam Lambert's rendition of "Holding Out for a Hero." Rita made it through to the Episode 4 Snatch Game! Oooh I love me a good snatch game episode. Rita portrayed Cardi B. Omgg this sounds like a hoot, but again I'm assuming Rita didn't do a good Cardi portrayal as she landed in the Bottom 2 yet again. Rita had to compete in another lip sync, this time against Flor on Kylie Minogue's "Secrets." Third time was not the charm for Rita, as she was eliminated after this.

Rita ended up leaving on the 4th week at 7th place. Not the best track record from her sadly, but well done to Rita making it this far.

Saving: Kathy Swarts

kathy-golden-bachelor-zip-it-shut-up.gif

Posted (edited)

Ellen Goltzer (The Golden Bachelor)

Ivanna Drink (RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under)
Julie Alley (Survivor 45)
Kendra McQuarrie (Survivor 45)
Laura Byrne & Danil Saveliev (DWTS Australia)
Maya Weiss (Australian Idol)
NOIVAS (The Voice 23)
Pia Miranda & Declan Taylor (DWTS Australia)

Edited by Alex95

Updated my write-up in full in a complete style and with pics/gif. :thumbs:

Brando was a nice guy. I think I liked him for 1, maybe 2 episodes but overall not really a memorable person on Survivor 45.

I personally wasn't huge on Josh. He's good and talented but I did like and root for others more on Australian Idol 8. He beat out Ben here, so I'm good with that. I can't remember my favorites from Akshar, but I'll take his word that "drivers license" was his best. :haha: 

Aww I'm a little sad to see Faith go, as I did like her and thought she was a sweetheart. ❤️ She did seem like an early frontrunner for Gerry as they had a really good connection early on but then others were stronger. I was surprised she didn't make the Top 2 with Theresa though.

Kendra McQuarrie (Survivor 45)
Kendra McQuarrie — Survivor 45 Cast Member - Parade

9th place out of 18. She just missed the top half. If only she had been part of the Reba alliance. But alas, Kendra started on the Belo tribe and not the Reba tribe. While the Reba people were strong-arming the competition, Kendra was thinking that Kellie was the one to watch for the competition. Well the Rebe Four also took notice of Kellie and blindsided her, basically clearing the way for a Reba member to win the show. Kendra saw that go down and still thought it was a good idea to comment on Austin and Dee... girl no. Well that sealed her fate and the Reba folks easily exterminated her after that.

Save Ivanna Drink

Aww Kendra was fun and messy! She wasn't a major favorite of mine (probably mid-table fave) so I would have preferred her to have outlasted some others from Survivor 45.

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Kendra McQuarrie

you cut somebody who in her bio calls herself "That Survivor Astrology Lady 🏝️" I cannot believe this violence against me. She is self-described as "plagued by heterosexuality" though. So only 50% violence.

MayaWeiss_34760.jpg
Maya Weiss | Australian Idol

Maya Weiss competed on Australian Idol and eventually finished eleventh. Maya had a good start to the competition and I had high hopes for her but I remember her fading pretty fast. I went to try and rewatch some of her performances but YouTube seems to have deleted them. Maya received a Touchdown for her first semi finals performance and I remember really enjoying it at the time. That’s pretty much where it all ended as she never delivered anything that topped it. It seems Maya went the dance music route in the competition and we all know how hard it is to build a fan base with that genre of music.. especially in Australia. Maya was eliminated during the second week of the finals and I can’t really find anything else on her since.

Saving Julie.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952384d2z307pqos2r74d

ELLEN GOLTZER

Ellen-Goltzer-on-the-Golden-Bachelor.jpg?fit=2000,1334&quality=86&strip=all

Ellen Goltzer participated in the ABC spin-off show The Golden Bachelor. According to her bio, she is a retired teacher from Florida. Her interests include pickle ball, golf, card games, and bocce ball. She plans to remain active and healthy for her entire life. Good for her! As for her fun facts, she dreams to go on an African safari, she enjoys dancing despite her so-called "two left feet," and she idolizes Michelle Obama. Part of Ellen's backstory on the show was her friendship with Roberta, a close friend of hers for 60 years. Roberta was a big fan of The Bachelor and encouraged Ellen to apply, but she sadly passed away before the season aired.

According to the Bachelor Wiki, Ellen was eliminated in Week 5. That doesn't seem like a long time, but it seems like she made it pretty far. There's a video on YouTube of Ellen telling Gerry she was falling in love with him. Her elimination apparently happened right before the hometown dates. From what I'm reading from the YouTube comments of her elimination, it seems like Ellen was a fan favorite. She's described as funny, sweet, relatable, and down-to-earth. A lot of people thought Ellen was a good match for Gerry, and they were surprised when she was eliminated. Ellen was shocked when she was eliminated too. There were hopes of Ellen being the Golden Bachelorette, but someone else was chosen. Based on these images, it seems like Ellen may have been fun to watch on the show:  

Screenshot-2023-10-18-at-4.39.10-PM-19141f5abe5c4154910922fecb1d068a.png

010ub1p5rm3c1.gif

I don't know why she's rolling her eyes here, but maybe someone who watched the season can explain. :haha: 

Anyway, Ellen does seem like someone worth rooting for, and maybe she should make it further in this game than the other Golden Bachelor contestants? I almost changed my cut after learning about Ellen, but I already typed this write-up. But the best of luck to Ellen!

Save NOIVAS.

NOIVAS-The-Voice-Knockouts.jpg

Aww I think I remember liking or wanting to like Maya? But something about her voice/performances didn't really click with me. I was a bit sad she left as early as she did as I felt she had potential. I know I wanted to like her so much more than I did.

Ahh Ellen.... she was kind of a hoot and kind of fun. :haha: I don't have the best memory of her. But yeah I remember there being a lot of shock about her elimination when it happened, but I didn't really get that? :ph34rwave: But she did seem sweet and funny nonetheless - those pics/gifs Steven posted are proof of that. :haha: LOL I think that roll eye gif was when Leslie & Gerry had their live reunion interview where he was explaining why he broke up with her and it was kinda brutal to watch. Ellen was NOT having it. :dead: :haha:  Oooh I found video of it here at 7:50-7:53:

Of the DWTSAU couples, hoping for Pia & Declan to get saved.

LAURA BYRNE & DANIL SAVELIEV

DWTS : AUSTRALIA - SEASON 20 || 8TH PLACE

71981619-12180477-Laura_Byrne_38_revealed_on_Saturday_her_experience_on_Dancing_Wi-a-33_1686404043427.jpg

Who is Laura Byrne? She is best known for her work as a radio host, podcaster, and television personality. Australians may best know her for hosting a radio show on the KIIS Network and as the winner of The Bachelor Australia in 2017. Since The Bachelor, Laura married Matty in 2022 after getting engaged in 2019, and they are the parents of two children. Last year, she appeared on the 20th season of Dancing With The Stars, where she was paired with Danil Saveliev, finishing in 8th place. I am not familiar with her time on the show, but looking at the scores, she seemed to struggle with the styles assigned to her, although she didn't dance many routines due to the flawed format of Dancing With The Stars: Australia.

SAVING: PIA MIRANDA

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Akshar’s Noms Next)

@jarmon is up next to nominate from The Traitors (US Season 1), RuPaul's Drag Race UK (Series 5), The Challenge: UK, The Amazing Race 35, The Traitors Canada, Strictly Come Dancing (Series 21)

Laura & Danil are a good first choice of couples to go out from DWTS Australia. Matty did the show a few years before her so it was good that Laura got to do so a few years later. Lol she was so competitive in wanting to do better than him. :haha: Laura was fun and cute, but she was kinda awkward in the uptempo/fast dances. She did have a lovely Foxtrot, but yeah the other DWTSAU couples are stronger overall.

17 minutes ago, Solaris said:

As I look at the front page, TAR hasn't lost any yet?  

Thats Crazy GIF by BLKBOK

Lol that shocked me too. :haha: We could lose a few teams from there by now, haha.

1. Joel & Garrett (TAR35)
  2. Alexandra & Sheridan (TAR35)
  3. Tristan Phipps (The Challenge UK)
  4. Danni Menzies (The Challenge UK)
  5. Courtney Veale (The Challenge UK)
  6. Ashley McKenzie (The Challenge UK)
  7. Ella Wise (The Challenge UK)
  8. Mike D'Urzo (The Traitors Canada)
  9. Donna Hartt (The Traitors Canada)
  10. Travon Smith (The Traitors Canada)
  11. Melissa Allder (The Traitors Canada)
  12. Mickey Henry (The Traitors Canada)
  13. Kyle Cooke (The Traitors US S1)
  14. Ryan Lochte (The Traitors US S1)
  15. Eddie Kadi & Karen Hauer (SCD21)
  16. Adam Thomas & Luba Mushtuk (SCD21)

Alexandra & Sheridan (The Amazing Race 35)

alexandra-lichtor-and-sheridan-lichtor.j

Lol I was all over the place with who I wanted to cut as I'm good with cutting most of the nominees. But ultimately, I decided on Alexandra & Sheridan. Alexandra Lichtor & Sheridan Lichtor are a team of siblings and roommates from Chicago, Illinois, who competed on the 35th season of The Amazing Race. Alexandra was 34 and Sheridan was 29 when they competed on the show. I don't remember much about them on the show. I think I thought they were fairly nice and likable siblings on the show. Sadly, they struggled on the race having come at 13th place on the first leg of the race. They were eliminated after that and only lasted one episode. I was a bit sad for them as I would have liked to have seen them last a little longer, but I was also over it the next week. So they were not a big loss overall.

Saving: Adam Thomas & Luba Mushtuk

adam-and-luba-cha-cha-cha-wafle-house-jo

• Like 1

Eddie and Karen

Strictly's Eddie Kadi sparks concern after message to Karen in 'goodbye  speech' | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

So I don't typically watch Strictly come dancing.  I did for a couple a couple seasons like when Abby won, and Alexandra came in second, but I haven't recently, so I don't know this new crop of dancers. Not much has been cut in the way of strictly contestants so I am cutting the only one left available. Eddie was partnered with Karen Hauer on the shows 21st season.  It looks like Eddie was consistently near the bottom in scores.  He made it to the 5th week of the show, where he was the lowest score 24/40 for his Samba. He was eliminated when the 4 judges voted to save Zara & Graziano.

Save: Donna Hartt