Winners who wouldn't have won if...

FloorWax

This is kind of a weird topic but essentially what I'm getting at is, who are the winners who wouldn't have won if one thing in their run hadn't gone the way it did? Whether it be coach selection, an out of nowhere breakout performance, other contestants flopping, something along those lines.

For example:

1) Chloe would not have won if Miley didn't drop her for Ashland.

2) Maelyn would not have won without the weird Cross Battles format that enabled Blake to have three country guys who split votes at the finale.

3) Cam would not have won if Kelly didn't block Blake from getting Kenzie and Nick didn't block John from getting Cam.

Thoughts? Curious to hear what y'all have to say especially pre-Season 13 because I wasn't there for those seasons.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

Maybe CWB? He would have been gone had Gwen not stolen him and then Blake taken him back, but I also read some comments saying that they both planned that. And the fact that Adam had 3 people in the finale lead many to believe that they divided the vote, and thus, he took it. 

I don´t really think Cam would have won if he had said that he was gay throughout his run either. 

Otherwise, I don´t think there´s any particular reason that would have prevented the other winners to have obtained that title.

• Like 3

An easy answer to many of the post-S16 winners would be “had they picked John” :haha: I feel like Todd and Carter still could have won but I feel like he wouldn’t quite know what to do with GNT and Huntley and he probably would have dropped Gina.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sawyer, Jordan and Todd would win anyway regardless of team. They dominated their season. I would say Alisan was also destined to take the win for Xtina, had she gone with another coach they would have planned Xtina stealing her later. Alisan wouldn't have won if she had done more screaming-type songs (like Cryin')

Tessanne, the only situation I see her not winning is she's on team CeeLo and got surrounded by Egyptian-style dancers onstage. Otherwise she'd have won anyway. 

Bryce, Jermaine wouldn't have won if they hadn't been on team Blake and had his fanbase behind their back. The same with Chris on Alicia's team, Brynn on Kelly's, and Carter on Gwen's. On the other hand, without Blake's clever song choices and strategy, Cassadee and Chloe wouldn't have won. They wouldn't have won on other teams.

From S17 onwards, I agree that those winners wouldn't have won had they been on team John. With the exception of Huntley, he actually can win on John or Gwen's team, but had he been with Reba he wouldn't have won. In S20, Cam would have picked John had he not been blocked and would probably have lost to Victor in the Semis.

Chevel would be doomed had she picked JHud in the Blinds. 

Craig I don't know, if Matt hadn't flopped in the final things could have been different. Like if Matt had performed well AND team Adam hadn't had 3 in the final then Matt could have won.

Sorry for the messy order, it just comes into my mind naturally. 😅 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Tessanne, the only situation I see her not winning is she's on team CeeLo and got surrounded by Egyptian-style dancers onstage.

Iconic :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenneth96 said:

Sawyer, Jordan and Todd would win anyway regardless of team. They dominated their season. I would say Alisan was also destined to take the win for Xtina, had she gone with another coach they would have planned Xtina stealing her later. Alisan wouldn't have won if she had done more screaming-type songs (like Cryin')

Tessanne, the only situation I see her not winning is she's on team CeeLo and got surrounded by Egyptian-style dancers onstage. Otherwise she'd have won anyway. 

Bryce, Jermaine wouldn't have won if they hadn't been on team Blake and had his fanbase behind their back. The same with Chris on Alicia's team, Brynn on Kelly's, and Carter on Gwen's. On the other hand, without Blake's clever song choices and strategy, Cassadee and Chloe wouldn't have won. They wouldn't have won on other teams.

From S17 onwards, I agree that those winners wouldn't have won had they been on team John. With the exception of Huntley, he actually can win on John or Gwen's team, but had he been with Reba he wouldn't have won. In S20, Cam would have picked John had he not been blocked and would probably have lost to Victor in the Semis.

Chevel would be doomed had she picked JHud in the Blinds. 

Craig I don't know, if Matt hadn't flopped in the final things could have been different. Like if Matt had performed well AND team Adam hadn't had 3 in the final then Matt could have won.

Sorry for the messy order, it just comes into my mind naturally. 😅 

Don't you think they would have tried to make the respective coaches steal Chris, Brynn, and Carter If they had tried the same for Alisan?

• Like 1

I’m not 100% sure if this changes the outcome but in S17 if Max wins the Max/Katie KO & Katie gets stolen by Kelly, I think there’s a serious possibility Katie wins instead of Jake

5 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

super obvious but bryce was literally on the brink of elimination in the first week of lives lol

S22 is so weird to look back on it feels like there wasn’t a single frontrunner the entire season even up to the finale

3 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Grace would have won if they didn't change the voting rules.

This is the only one mentioned that we can say with 100% certainty. “Closest in history.” 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

super obvious but bryce was literally on the brink of elimination in the first week of lives lol

I mean, yes but also no?? He probably won that IS by a big margin. 

• Like 1