AI22 Top 24 Contestant - A Very Special Performance

Idol Maniac

She reminds me a little bit of Bella DeNapoli from The Voice. I hope she doesn't fall into the same trap Bella did of choosing songs that were too big / didn't highlight her voice.

Honestly though.... I have a feeling the audience won't respond too strongly to her either way. :ph34rwave:

Edited by FloorWax

9 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

She seems like a potential IDF it girl. She also seems like the type of contestant that gets voted out at the top 10 and then everyone claims that she was robbed.

I hope that she’s not voted out at the Top Ten.

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

She reminds me a little bit of Bella DeNapoli from The Voice. I hope she doesn't fall into the same trap Bella did of choosing songs that were too big / didn't highlight her voice.

Honestly though.... I have a feeling the audience won't respond too strongly to her either way. :ph34rwave:

Song choice is going to be important for her so that she doesn’t fall into both traps.  But that’s the same for everyone.

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I didn’t like it as much as I wanted to. 

That’s a problem with overhyping. The expectations are very high. 

It's basically what I was expecting it to be so while I wasn't a fan of the performance I also wasn't disappointed by it 

26 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

She sounds most like Angie Miller to me, who finished in third place on S12. She seems to also sing Christian music sometimes like Angie did. 

omg I agree for sure, their tones (and vibes in general) are very similar! I do think Abi will choose less diva-esque song choices than Angie did though. 

29 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Abi sounds great but I agree, I fear that the audience wont connect with her (unless she pulls out a really good original and has a moment like haven did)

That’s possible. I’m not sure this is the right song to showcase her talents, and audience will need more reasons to vote for her than just her voice. Maybe her backstory will be compelling enough. I’m sure she’ll get a great edit. 

• Like 1