Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

CYCLE 3

double-trouble-double.gif

Cycle 3 will require the rankers to cut two songs and save two songs each round. Here's how it will work:

DOUBLE ELIMINATION

When it is your turn to nominate, you will nominate 28 songs for elimination. The other rankers will cut and save at a first come, first served basis. You are allowed to claim four songs in the same post. Since you have two write-ups to post per round, the time limit to post write-ups is 45 minutes. You're allowed to refresh only once before the time limit expires. Songs cannot be nominated in back-to-back rounds.

IMMUNITY PICKS

Before the first round of cuts begin, each ranker will get to make immunity picks. If you have unused vetoes from the previous cycle, then you will get extra immunity picks: everyone will have two immunity picks + the number of unused vetoes. These songs will be immune for Cycle 3 and Cycle 4.

VETOES REMAINING

Alex: 2/3

Chris: 1/3

Derek: 3/3

Elliott: 3/3

Erik: 0/3

Megan: 2/3

Sola: 2/3

Wallace: 2/3

NUMBER OF IMMUNITY PICKS

Alex: 4

Chris: 3

Derek: 5

Elliott: 5

Erik: 2

Megan: 4

Sola: 4

Wallace: 4

To incentivize everyone to make their immunity picks quickly and dissuade you all from playing the waiting game to see what other rankers pick first, the nomination order will be decided by a first come, first served basis.

You can claim your spot in the nomination order once you post all your immunity picks first.

NOMINATION ORDER SIGN UP

By the end of this cycle, 112 songs will be eliminated. If you have any questions, then let me know!

Good luck to your favorites! 

@Alex95 @*Chris @FrogLenzen @Elliott @erik g @totes4totes @Solaris @*Wallace

Edited by Steven_

Nominations:

Carrying the Banner

Daughters of Triton

Don't Run Away

Dos Oruguitas

Get'cha Head In The Game

Heffalumps and Woozles

Hip Hip Pooh-Ray!

I Don't Dance

If Only

It's Gonna Be Great

I've Got a Dream

Man or Muppet

Moment of Truth

My Lovey-Dovey Baby

My Own Home

Oogie Boogie's Song

Part of Your World (Reprise)

Queen of Mean

Say it with a Slap

Shiny

Someday My Prince Will Come

The Backson Song

The Rain, Rain, Rain, Came Down, Down, Down

The Tummy Song

The World Es Mi Familia

We Belong Together

What I Said

When You Wish Upon a Star

QUEEN OF MEAN

(DESCENDANTS 3)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f66685653484337656b5077564d513d3d2d3937353831353731342e313635386539373337386639383066373233373237323238373130352e676966 sarah-jeffery-queen-of-mean.gif

As I previously cut this song, and it was vetoed, I hope it's acceptable that I reuse my write-ups since my thoughts on the songs haven't changed since I posted said write-up a few days ago. If there's any issue, our fantastic host can let me know, but for now, here is my write-up for "Queen of Mean": In the third installment of Descendants, the storyline heavily focuses on Audrey, one of the few characters whose parents are Disney royals and not villains, as she is about to unleash her wrath. This song portray Audrey's desire to always do the right thing, only to decide to embrace her villainous side for the sake of love. When it comes to the song, I am not particularly a fan, specially when compared to other hit songs from the series - just because a song went viral, it doesn't mean that it's any good or the best song of the franchise.  One of my main issue with the song lies in what is essentially spoken-word style over a melody - not at a catchy one at that.  I am not particularly big on Sarah Jeffery's delivery of the song, although I will admit that she was able to really deliver in the last 30 seconds of the song. Overall, it's an okay song for an okay Disney Channel Original Movie franchise.

SAVING: WE BELONG TOGETHER

Dos Oruguitas

I haven't gotten to see Encanto so I don't have much of an attachment to that movie. I do know and like a few of the songs from  Encanto, but I don't know "Dos Oruguitas" so I'm fine with cutting that for the moment. "Dos Oruguitas" (which translates to "Two Caterpillars") is sung by Sebastián Yatra and was written and produced by Lin-Manuel Miranda. "Dos Oruguitas"  is a song that is used and played as a flashback scene. I'm learning this is where Mirabel learns of her grandmother's Alma's hard times that she went through in her life.... and I assume it really shocks Mirabel. In further detail, the song discusses Alma's romance with her husband Pedro and his self-sacrifice when they were trying to fleeing a war to help Alma escape from danger grounds. This is a very beautiful and emotional song. The Disney scene also looks really emotional and touching. I also see that this was an Academy Award nominated song (at the 94th annual Academy Awards), which ugh that makes me feel worse for cutting this. But I already did most of this write-up and don't want to get rid of it now.

Saving: Get'cha Head In The Game