Abi Carter Fan Thread

Idol Maniac

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Sounds like absolute fire! I'm worried though 'cause Will's single is apparently religious, which will go well with the core demographic of the show's viewers. Jack's song title makes it seem like the song is a dedication to his wife and the act of committing to marriage itself, which might also go really well with the core demo, so I'm terrified.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Sounds like absolute fire! I'm worried though 'cause Will's single is apparently religious, which will go well with the core demographic of the show's viewers. Jack's song title makes it seem like the song is a dedication to his wife and the act of committing to marriage itself, which might also go really well with the core demo, so I'm terrified.

Colin's single was religious too, and we know how that went. 💀

Regardless, if it'll make y'all feel better: I can get in 80 votes with all my email accounts plus the fact that my grandma picks all my choices every time. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

Colin's single was religious too, and we know how that went. 💀

Regardless, if it'll make y'all feel better: I can get in 80 votes with all my email accounts plus the fact that my grandma picks all my choices every time. 😂

Well, they also bussed Colin with the lyric, "But Jesus doesn't listen", and released a preview with him specifically singing that line. Or did you forget that? 😄 That's like a cardinal sin to sing that sort of thing to religious-minded folks. He was blamed even though he didn't write the damn song.

Edited by MalwareDie

15 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

time to reprise oceans!!!! jk LOL 

5 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Well, they also bussed Colin with the lyric, "But Jesus doesn't listen", and released a preview with him specifically singing that line. Or did you forget that? 😄 That's like a cardinal sin to sing that sort of thing to religious-minded folks. He was blamed even though he didn't write the damn song.

Iam was always winning yeah. But Megan was super consistent also, and Colin that night was...not.

I just don't see why they'd pump Will with Jesus Energy and not Colin if that's really how it's happening.

4 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

the message of the song wasn't him questioning a religious belief tho. it was a way to convey how he continously still talks to Jesus, regardless if his powers manifest immediately, because the higher being is a source of comfort for him. it painted him as more devout if anything imo lol.

i think you are overthinking about Jack/Will. Abi's song sounds cute (though very "winners single" coded lol) and I trust that she will deliver on Sunday 🙏

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

the message of the song wasn't him questioning a religious belief tho. it was a way to convey how he continously still talks to Jesus, regardless if his powers manifest immediately, because the higher being is a source of comfort for him. it painted him as more devout if anything imo lol.

i think you are overthinking about Jack/Will. Abi's song sounds cute (though very "winners single" coded lol) and I trust that she will deliver on Sunday 🙏

The producers still caught Colin in a gotcha moment though with that line being sung in isolation. Some people who weren't going to pay attention to the whole song when it was actually performed would go in thinking about that line over and over, which would negatively impact him. That is not to say Colin would have won as he wouldn't have, but I'm just saying that Idol did him dirty with that trick.

^^^ I would fly to see her. I always dreamed of attending an AI contestant's homecoming. 🥹

Sadly I live in Pennsylvania and am pretty broke...That and I have only flown back and forth from Disney World way back in 1999. So yeah... 😆 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

just saw some videos from abi's parade and concert local on indio and that place is packed. hometown vistis are always so dope. 

she was presented with the key to the city and was named mayor for the day (LOL)! 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6_x17IxvBC/?igsh=MTI0ajA1Y2pmc3J3ZQ==

another snippet of her single! the lyrics and production are giving Adult Contemporary so it should be accesible for Minivan which is good 🙏

also, everyone should pre-save on whichever streaming platform you use! i believe pre-saving generally increases the amount of playlisting songs get, which would increase Abi's reach and streams!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, m1key said:

another snippet of her single! the lyrics and production are giving Adult Contemporary so it should be accesible for Minivan which is good 🙏

also, everyone should pre-save on whichever streaming platform you use! i believe pre-saving generally increases the amount of playlisting songs get, which would increase Abi's reach and streams!

Wait, I kinda love that. The hook is catchy and I like the lyrics :ohyeah: "some people grow up, you just grew older" goes hard. 

• Like 2

That visit looked like a blast...I wish there was an online compilation of them from each season. I could've gone to Danny Gokey's but I was too young to really comprehend what that would've been like (saw him at a parade later on,) and Grace Kinstler's was sold out way too fast.

I always wonder, though, what goes through the mayor's head with these. Like I'm sure they're genuinely proud, and maybe some even keep up with the show, but some of them are bound to be like "Okay, I've never even seen this key before, and...who is it for again???"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, m1key said:

this is truly stunning

• Like 1