Emmy Russell Fan Thread

Idol Maniac

Add me please! I thought she did great tonight! I don't understand Katy's criticisms towards her, like she doesn't have to show range. She isn't that type. Bob Dylan is an example. 

She was absolutely amazing on Beautiful Things. I wish she would release this song now! I feel like it would do so well. I loved her audition and she was a fave from early on, but she is growing to be my number 1 now. I love how she's timid and herself and her voice I adore. Her voice is suited and reminds me of Jewel, T Swift, and maybe even some Stevie Nicks. I would love to hear her do a cover of those songs.

Emmy slayed and gave her best performance of the season! Loretta would be so proud of her. I'm glad she's not taking Katy's advice because she isn't going to belt. Loretta wasn't a belter, and neither was Bob Dylan. She's not going to be Whitney, Celine, Aretha, Adele, Beyonce, Tina, or Demi. 

27 minutes ago, Persy said:

Emmy slayed and gave her best performance of the season! Loretta would be so proud of her. I'm glad she's not taking Katy's advice because she isn't going to belt. Loretta wasn't a belter, and neither was Bob Dylan. She's not going to be Whitney, Celine, Aretha, Adele, Beyonce, Tina, or Demi. 

Glad she is staying in her own lane too 🙂 I agree we need all kinds of singers, not just belters and perfect vocals. Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon and more - they just rely on authenticity and connection, and that’s where the magic is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jazzontherocks said:

Glad she is staying in her own lane too 🙂 I agree we need all kinds of singers, not just belters and perfect vocals. Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon and more - they just rely on authenticity and connection, and that’s where the magic is. 

Definitely agree! That is something Katy doesn't understand at all. 

Did anyone else notice her outfit tonight? Very Loretta Lynn. I loved it, it reminded me of the way her grandma dressed. I really liked her song. She is a fabulous song writer and her vocals were great as well. She has this special texture in her voice that gives me chills. I do think she is still holding back some and hopefully as she builds more confidence and relaxes, she is really going to soar - and she is already so, so good. I think she is definitely a front runner and I go back and forth between her and Abi as my top 2. Great job tonight once again and you looked beautiful.

I hope she makes it all the way to the finale she could really shock us I know she can do it she’s amazing and so pretty I hope she sings a Loretta Lynn song I would love to hear her version!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍

• Like 1