The Voice 24 ● Recap Top 9 & ​​​​​​​Live Semi-Final Results ● Discussion

istersay

BIAS was blah as expected. But he was better than last night. And yay for finally singing a song without "God" in it's title lol.

Why is Jacquie out here singing "Alone"? 🙈 She delivered and did well with it though. Just these song choices with her lately.... 

Jordan actually singing a slow song? 😮 It wasn't too bad and was nice actually but still not on the level of Nini or Jacquie.

OMGG Mac out here singing MY JAM "I Wanna Know"  by Joe! :spaz: Wow this song is such a throwback for me! Ugh why couldn't he have sang this last night? This was smooth and really good.

I'll be fine with any of Nini, Mac or Jacquie making it through - but think I am still pulling for Nini.

Oh wow Jacquie made it through! 😮 I was not expecting that but congrats to her there. I'm fine'ish with it.

Sad to lose Mac, though his last few live shows performances have disappointed me a bit. :( But I still really like him and his voice. Definitely reallly disappointed and sad to lose Nini. She's really stepped up her game and killed it these last two weeks. So UGH it's really unjust that she's not in the finals and just misses out. :/ I think she deserves to be there but robberies do happen. At least BIAS didn't make it through.

Well, I'll be rooting for Mara next week. Also rooting a bit for Jacquie and Huntley, in that order.

13 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oh wow Jacquie made it through! 😮 I was not expecting that but congrats to her there. I'm fine'ish with it.

Sad to lose Mac, though his last few live shows performances have disappointed me a bit. :( But I still really like him and his voice. Definitely reallly disappointed and sad to lose Nini. She's really stepped up her game and killed it these last two weeks. So UGH it's really unjust that she's not in the finals and just misses out. :/ I think she deserves to be there but robberies do happen. At least BIAS didn't make it through.

Well, I'll be rooting for Mara next week. Also rooting a bit for Jacquie and Huntley, in that order.

Really sad to lose Nini but I'm glad you still have someone to root for in Mara! Let's hope for a fantastic finale next week!

• Like 1

kxyEM3.gif

Nini: Solid performance, but disappointed they made her really lean into that sadgirl vibe with this song. Sadgirl powerhouse is probably too unique for the audience, sadly. But a great performance, nonetheless.

BIAS: Actually solid but yeah, this is a sign that he lasted a bit longer than he should've. The Lord is truly testing me.

Jacquie: She delivered! Hard to do that with Heart but she actually did it! Giving myself a pat on the back for suggesting she sing Heart on the song suggestion thread.

Jordan: Slower ballady country song? Interesting. Didn't sound too bad, but not her strongest of course. It would've been nice to hear this as her top 12 performance with more rehearsal rather than Stranger in My House.

Mac: Not bad, great song, but I wanted to like it more than I actually did.

Jacquie > Nini > Jordan > Mac > BIAS

America didn't get the Instant Save wrong, but this being the lineup feels a bit wrong in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

kxyEM3.gif

Nini: Solid performance, but disappointed they made her really lean into that sadgirl vibe with this song. Sadgirl powerhouse is probably too unique for the audience, sadly. But a great performance, nonetheless.

BIAS: Actually solid but yeah, this is a sign that he lasted a bit longer than he should've. The Lord is truly testing me.

Jacquie: She delivered! Hard to do that with Heart but she actually did it! Giving myself a pat on the back for suggesting she sing Heart on the song suggestion thread.

Jordan: Slower ballady country song? Interesting. Didn't sound too bad, but not her strongest of course. It would've been nice to hear this as her top 12 performance with more rehearsal rather than Stranger in My House.

Mac: Not bad, great song, but I wanted to like it more than I actually did.

Jacquie > Nini > Jordan > Mac > BIAS

America didn't get the Instant Save wrong, but this being the lineup feels a bit wrong in the first place.

They really made you choose only one of Jacquie and Nini. Is Lila being in the Top 4 worth it for you?

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

They really made you choose only one of Jacquie and Nini. Is Lila being in the Top 4 worth it for you?

Ehh. On paper I should love her like I loved Zan and Maelyn, but she's just been kind of mid in comparison. Last night she was lovely but I preferred others.

My opinion would probably change had she gotten a better edit on the show.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Ehh. On paper I should love her like I loved Zan and Maelyn, but she's just been kind of mid in comparison. Last night she was lovely but I preferred others.

My opinion would probably change had she gotten a better edit on the show.

Fair. TBH I'm also mid on Lila, I just get a kick out of her exposing us for the clowns that we are by ousting a supposed shoo-in for a PV. The absolute cheek of it! Respect.

• Haha 3

- Lila making it through is hilarious. She should thank me for the anti-jinx :P (so embarrasing.)

- Mac had so much potential but he has been so disappointing live. Oh well.

- Nini wasn’t making it either way but putting her first in the IS feels cruel, especialiy after how good she has been. Really happy with her run on the show though, I don’t remember the last time we had a competent dark pop / alt rock singer on the show.

- Gwen didn’t make finale because the producers didn’t want to lol. BIAS would have probably won the IS if he hadn’t gone 2nd.

- Overall I’m happy with this Top 5, I like everyone to an extent.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Speaking of which I wonder if Gwen’s team would’ve fared better if she selected Stee, RUDI, and Lennon instead of Bias, Tanner, and Kara

she would have fared better if she didn't give Jacquie the boot to save her faves rtJkjsy.gif

she started out with some good singers after blinds

BIAS

Brandon Montel

Calla

Chechi Sarai

Claire Heilig

Eli Ward

Jacquie Roar

Jason Arcilla

Jenna Marquis

Joslynn Rose

Juliette Ojeda

Kara Tenae

Kristen Brown

RUDI

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, istersay said:

she would have fared better if she didn't give Jacquie the boot to save her faves rtJkjsy.gif

she started out with some good singers after blinds

BIAS

Brandon Montel

Calla

Chechi Sarai

Claire Heilig

Eli Ward

Jacquie Roar

Jason Arcilla

Jenna Marquis

Joslynn Rose

Juliette Ojeda

Kara Tenae

Kristen Brown

RUDI

Most of these people are towards the bottom of my auditions ranking but people like Joslynn had potential. Which she got more of a chance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Teraginn said:

OMG don't get me started sis

HE REALLY DID? UGH. 😭 Thankfully it didn't work, lol.

12 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Really sad to lose Nini but I'm glad you still have someone to root for in Mara! Let's hope for a fantastic finale next week!

Aww thank you! :hug: I'm hoping for a good finale next week too.

• Like 2