The Voice 24 ● Recap Battles 2 & Battles 3 ● Discussion

istersay

Recap: The Battles, Part 2
SEASON 24, NEW
8:00 PM ON NBC  • STEREO • CC
The battle rounds continue as the judges prepare their artists to go head-to-head in hopes of advancing to the three-way knockouts; each coach has two steals.

The Battles Part 3
SEASON 24, EPISODE 10 • NEW
9:00 PM ON NBC  • TV-PG • STEREO • CC
The battle rounds continue as Niall Horan, John Legend, Reba McEntire and Gwen Stefani prepare their artists to go head-to-head in hopes of advancing to the three-way knockouts; each coach has two steals.

No Spoilers Please! Keep those in the Spoiler threads, If it hasn't shown on the show yet it's a Spoiler

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

So is this another one of those recaps at 7 and battles at 8?

See you at 8 then lol

yes unfortunately lost20158.gif but I'll probably still watch I guess, we can see 6 battles in a hour without all the extra stuff

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

They could have had used the full 2 hours on Tuesdays and not montaged anyone...... make it make sense NBC!

make sense? after all these years, not gonna happen :dead:

• Haha 1

Watching again, Julia and Olivia felt like a middling Voice Kids battle. Niall is right though about it being especially crushing for a kid to lose.  Wonder if it isn't the best idea to pair the kids against one another.  They could actually learn more and challenge themselves against someone more experienced.  Plus, if they lose, there's some solace in losing to experience. It's not like they wouldn't have to mix it up with the adults sooner or later.

I think the problem with Willie is he's clearly a pop guy, but with that airy voice that kind of shreds at the top, his is not quite a pop voice (to my ears at least).

The Celine battle sounded a little better on re-listen. Kristen is pretty solid.  I can see why John was impressed.  Juliette had way too much unharnessed nervous energy.  Gwen was aware in rehearsals and tried to coach her, but it still got the better of her.

Conversely,  Ms. Monet/Corii sounded messier, but damn was that still a lot of fun! 

Edited by dirActing