Canada's Drag Race - Season 4

*Chris

I think Denim had the best lyrics and a fantastic runway, but still deserved 3rd place for the episode.

Venus was not once at the top of my list all season but I think it's clear that she stomped all over the competition in the finale. 

I think if Nearah was not in the cast then Aurora would have won. 

Venus is the rightful winner of the season, and absolutely deserved it!  She was the most consistent queen, in my opinion, and she was the best of the episode.  She did amazing with the lyrics and it's the only one that I remember - "Attention passengers, we'll be touching down on Venus for the grand finale", "I got the K U N T", "I'm Metis so I'm mighty",  "Ma famille parle francais", "Where's my dad? Hi Brad!", "It's VENUSSSSSS". 

Aurora did do well throughout the season, but imo, lacked a little star quality that Venus have. Still like her, and she absolutely did good on this final episode.

Nearah & Denim were also in this episode. 

Canadian queens showing how to do coronation runway, along with the final walk as the reigning queen. 

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

The lack of a Celine lip sync this season was not cute. 😘 @*Chris better be filing charges.

The way I was manifesting for a Celine lipsync, despite Nelly being the guest judge. 

On 10/19/2023 at 9:56 AM, *Chris said:

Ranking Pre-Season:

11. Venus: Probably the only one that I am not sold on yet ? Just didn't really give us much about her drag style.

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-i-do-no

Edited by *Chris
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, *Chris said:

And now for those who were unaware : This season had a 12th queen who got dropped, right before the filming began. 

It was for COVID reasons, wasn’t it?

or was it a UK5 situation all over again?

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

The way I was manifesting for a Celine lipsync, despite Nelly being the guest judge. 

I was expecting an actual LSFTC using Nelly Furtado songs for the first two lip syncs and the final one being a Celine song again. 

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It was for COVID reasons, wasn’t it?

or was it a UK5 situation all over again?

From my recollection from Ilona's Instagram, this queen was known for performing as indigenous characters when they're not indigenous themselves + very performative allyship. One of the number included Colors of the Wind on Canada Day from what I saw on Reddit. 

• Like 1

While I was team Aurora, I’m really happy to see Venus in the Winner’s Circle! I think she’s a fabulous addition. 

This was also a great season. Probably my favorite Canada season.

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

This was an A season with Melinda Verga present and probably would have been a lower tier season without her, tbh. I can’t wait for her to be the second Canadian queen on a U.S. All Stars one day!

Also, maybe unpopular but Venus was a better winner choice than Aurora, tbh. I wanted to like her more than I did but Aurora feels like what would come out of an AI generated drag race competitor machine. :ph34rwave: Even most of her confessionals felt like producer fed bits like YASS HUNTY SLAY QUEEN! Venus was a little more authentic and interesting to me. But I still like Aurora!

Edited by #jeah
  • Like 2

It was a good season but I don’t feel like Venus stole the finale. Venus had my least favourite single by a mile and thought the other three outshone her throughout the season. I must’ve watched a different season than most because I couldn’t tell you a single standout moment for her but I could the other three. Canada crowned two amazing winners the first two seasons but have flopped hard with the last two.

01. Aurora Matrix

02. Nearah Nuff

03. Melinda Verga

04. Denim

05. The Girlfriend Experience

06. Kiki Coe

07. Kitten Kaboodle

08. Aimee Yonce Shannel

09. Venus

10. Sisi Superstar
11. Luna Debois