Updated At Last: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions - #10-6 POSTED!

Someone648

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Since there’s nothing saying I can’t enter this late in the game:

Vintage’s Guess:

10. Michael Sanchez

9. Clarissa Serna

8. Desz

7. Maelyn Jarmon

6. Will Breman

5. Sarah Simmons

4. Darius Scott

3. Ellie Lawrence

2. SandyRedd

1. Alisan Porter

(I have zero confidence in the order but I’m reasonably sure I got at least three of the names in here right, so there’s that)

Love that you did this the day I finally decided I'd sit down and try finishing some of these writeups because it's been 3 months since I last posted anything :haha:

Love the late submission!

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Love that you did this the day I finally decided I'd sit down and try finishing some of these writeups because it's been 3 months since I last posted anything :haha:

Love the late submission!

I just went off people I know you’ve mentioned in positive contexts before on IDF that haven’t shown up yet and did some thinking over things like “would you have the guts to put a controversial/polarizing pick in your top 10, and would you rank them higher than a more conventional top 10 picks” which resulted in me basically hoping I got the middle eight of the list within a couple spots of where they actually might wind up 💀

(FloorWax & Dai’s lists also may have influenced my picks somewhat, but everyone they had written down would’ve ended up on my initial draft anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

Making a promise to myself to update by the end of this week.

But given that this list was made last summer and doesn't incorporate seasons 24 and 25, thought I'd put in around where I think I *may* rank the auditions we've seen since then:

Season 24:

Alexa Wildish (141-150)

Ruby Leigh (51-50)

Chechi Sarai (51-60)

Kaylee Shimizu (31-40)

Jacquie Roar (111-120)

Nini Iris (71-80)

Willie Gomez (151-160)

Huntley (61-70)

Azán (181-190)

Dylan Carter (191-200)

Season 25:

Dani Stacy (141-150)

Ryan Argast (161-170)

Bryan Olesen (91-100)

Mafe (181-200)

Val T. Webb (121-130)

Kyle Schuesler (161-170)

L. Rodgers (151-160)

• Like 3

• Someone648 changed the title to Inexplicably Delayed: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions - TOP 10 (Pt. 1) Arriving This Week!
Posted (edited)

Just keeping this post as a placeholder for everyone's final/most recent guesses. I'll keep them under the spoiler tag so it doesn't clutter the whole page.

Correctly Guessing an Artist within the top 10: 5 points

Correctly Guessing the Artist's placement on the list within 2 spots: 10 points

Correctly Guessing the Artist's placement on the list EXACTLY: 25 points

I will stack these and give you credit (so if, for example, you guess #5 exactly correct, you will get 5 + 10 + 25 points. If you get it within 2 spots like #5 as #3 or #7, 5 + 10 points)

rp3598’s rankings: (20)
10. Clarissa Serna (5)

9 SandyRedd
8. Troy Ramey
7. Christiana Danielle
6. Ali Caldwell
5. Will Breman (5)+ (10)
4. Maelyn Jarmon
3. DeSz
2. Ellie Lawrence
1. Alisan Porter

Dai’s guess: (85)
10. Michael Sanchez
9. Clarissa Serna (5) + (10)
8. Darius Scott (5) + (10) + (25)
7. Sarah Simmons (5) + (10)

6. SandyRedd
5. Will Breman (5) + (10)
4. Alisan Porter
3. Desz
2. Maelyn Jarmon
1. Ellie Lawrence

FloorWax (50)
10. Michael Sanchez
8. Desz
7. Darius Scott (5) + (10)
6. SandyRedd
5. Sarah Simmons (5)
4. Will Breman (5) + (10)

3. Maelyn Jarmon
2. Ellie Lawrence
1. Alisan Porter

Hamza Tufail (25)
1. Sarah Simmons (5)

2. Alisan Porter
3. Ellie Lawrence
4. Sandy Redd
5. Desz
6. Maelyn
7.  Will Breman (5) + (10)
8. Thunderstorm Artis 
9. Michael Sanchez
10. Clarissa Serna (5)

Dalton Eduardo (25)
1. Alisan Porter
2. Ellie Lawrence
3. Maelyn Jarmon
4. Sarah Simmons (5)
5. SandyRedd
6. DeSz
7. Will Breman (5) + (10)
8. Vanessa Ferguson
9. Michael Sanchez
10. Clarissa Serna (5)

Adam Bruce (25)
1. Alisan Porter
2. Ellie Lawrence
3. Maelyn Jarmon
4. Sarah Simmons (5)
5. Deanna Johnson
6. Clarissa Serna (5) + (10)
7. Vanessa Ferguson
8. DeSz
9. Will Breman (5)
10. Lindsey Pavao

VintageVoice (65)
10. Michael Sanchez
8. Desz 
7. Maelyn Jarmon
6. Will Breman (5) + (10) + (25)
5. Sarah Simmons (5)
4. Darius Scott (5)

3. Ellie Lawrence
2. SandyRedd
1. Alisan Porter

QueenCami (100)

1. Sarah Simmons (5)

2. Alisan Porter

3. Ellie Lawrence

4. Maelyn Jarmon

5. DeSz

6. Will Breman (5) + (10) + (25)

7. SandyRedd

8. Darius Scott (5) + (10) + (25)

10. Michael Sanchez

I'll be posting #10-5 tomorrow (I PROMISE) if you still want to drop a last second guess, four months later 👀

Edited by Someone648

Part 22: 10-6 (AFTER AN INCREDIBLY LONG DELAY)

What can I say? Life gets in the way. BUT WE'RE BACK.

AND WE'VE HIT THE TOP 10.

(Points earned will be calculated later on)

10. Kat Robichaud (Season 5, I've Got the Music in Me by The Kiki Dee Band)

What a way to open season 5... and my top 10! Kat came in kicking and fighting with a loud, booming voice and more stage presence than 99% of the other contestants that have ever had the privilege of gracing the Voice stage. Her confident, raspy tone shone throughout the performance and she truly rocked it. Whatever you call that weird screeching thing she did at the end, I was 100% into it. Adam not turning was a miracle because while it could’ve been a good fit on paper, Cee-Lo really allowed Kat to do pretty much whatever she wanted and boy was she a delight to watch the whole time. Crowd surfing, doing a weird robot thing in her battle, the only competent cover of “You Oughta Know” that I’ve seen that even got Christina Aguilera on her feet. This woman’s just a beast that deserves recognition. Kat was a bit polarizing from the start, but at the risk of sounding cheesy... let’s face it, she really does have the music in her. Glad she held on for as long as she did.

9. Sarah Simmons (Season 4, One of Us by Joan Osborne)

“Listen to her!” is one of the best “proud papa” moments that this show’s given us. Sarah gave us a really gentle, sorta nervous opening that was really pretty and brought a unique Florence-y vibe to the song. The thoughtfully placed falsetto was perfectly executed and I love that this is when the chairs started to turn for her. Then all of a sudden, she just let loose and delivered those rough, raspy runs like an absolute beast. She was very methodical in the way she delivered that song and it was truly mesmerizing to see! I’ve always held this audition in really high regard and it’s absolutely worthy of those 4 chairs. And she proved herself round after round, too! Up until that damn elimination night. One of the few times I’ll side with Adam... I hated America that night, too. The women on Season 4 were insaaaane. Sarah, Judith, Michelle, Sasha, Danielle... all gave consistently high quality performances. Losing Sarah and Judith on the same night though? With so many others still remaining? Big yikes.  Sarah was an ideal finalist for me. Imagine getting any combo of Sarah/Judith/Sasha/Michelle at the end? Would’ve been insane. Phenomenal job by Sarah here, though!

8. Darius Scott (Season 9, You Make Me Wanna... by Usher)

Oh, Usher forgot to perform “You Make Me Wanna...” at the Super Bowl? No worries. Darius Scott’s version exists (or should we say... DIXSON!) With the massive success that was season 9... Darius shockingly barely made a blip on the radar. This fantastic performances weirdly kind of shows that actually? A smooth and confident delivery in the beginning with nothing too flashy, even in the way he commands the stage. But as he opens up, we see some of the most magnificent vocal runs this show has seen. Definitely the best vocal runs of any male on the show at least. The crazy run on “control...,” the amount of control he has on “strooooooooooong...” This man’s gift was sent from God for sure. We technically only got two more performances after this and they were both fantastic. Darius getting sent home after Love Lockdown is still shocking to me. Pharrell’s choice of Mark... ugh. Years later, at least he’s had more success than most of these contestants can dream of. I don’t think there’s a single other contestant that can add “Oscar Nominated” to their résumé, and that’s badass.

7. Clarissa Serna (Season 6, Zombie by The Cranberries)

For me, this is the ideal cover of Zombie. No one can do it quite like Dolores (RIP), but Clarissa’s version felt unique and fresh. Clarissa’s rasp came with so much power and clarity in such an unexpected manner. Why’d they pop this audition in the middle of an episode? It’s closer-worthy for sure! Bonus points to Clarissa for not trying to do the yodeling thingy. She didn’t need to. With what she presented, it felt like a “full” performance that one could close with on a live show to make a statement. And yet, this was only a first impression. What a power move. As a side note, this really felt like a perfect coach/contestant match... but damn Shakira. That elimination was brutal. Admittedly, Dani did step up, but the only rational explanation I have for Clarissa leaving is Shakira tried pulling a Pharrell (before it was a thing) and it backfired. With Dani flopping immediately after, it was clearly shortsighted. Oh well, we know Shakira wasn’t super engaged with the show in the first place. Clarissa, however, remains in my mind all these years later. Hell of a great audition!

6. Will Breman (Season 17, Say You'll Be There by The Spice Girls)

You knew it was coming. Anyone who thought this wouldn’t pop up somewhere in my top 10... tsk tsk. William Breman, my blue-haired king – this is how you make a good first impression in my book! A confident delivery of a well-known song (that’s still fresh to this kind of show) that has been transformed into something completely different, even a completely new genre. Will was firing on all cylinders here from the beginning with the scatting, cool guitar, and casual but crystal clear vocals. And then pulling that Ordinary People duet out of nowhere? Insaaaaaane. I didn’t expect that on top of that, he’d be such a pleasant person to watch evolve on this show and a delight to see grow after the show as well. You’d think his strongest accomplishment would be making it to the semifinals or nailing “My Body” by Young the Giant live (in one of the most electrifying live performances we’ve had), but the true success here is him making me enjoy both an Ed Sheeran AND Taylor Swift cover on this show, back to back. The power this man has. Incredible. Easily one of my all-time favorite contestants on here, and his blind definitely deserves its position up here in my eyes. I strongly encourage y’all to stream his 2023 EP "And the Shadows Will Fall Behind You" by clicking on this fancy underlined sentence that you're currently reading. Like of course, shameless promo aside – I have a ton of all-time favorite contestants releasing music but I only really pimp the ones that I truly enjoy. Give this man some streams!

#5-1.... will not take 4 more months, I PROMISE.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

1. Sarah Simmons

2. Alisan Porter

3. Ellie Lawrence

4. Maelyn Jarmon

5. DeSz

6. Will Breman

7. SandyRedd

8. Darius Scott

9. Clarissa Serna

10. Michael Sanchez

We LOVE last minute submissions yes we do ❤️

EDIT: Also cackling bc I think you have the most points so far in the round since you got Will and Darius' placements exactly correct :haha:

Edited by Someone648
  • Haha 1

• Someone648 changed the title to Updated At Last: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions - #10-6 POSTED!

Awwwww I love your writeup for Will! Our blue-haired king for the ages! He single-handedly cured my ennui for the show after the disaster that is S16. I still listen to his originals to this day, go stream Annemarie, Tried and White Lily of the Valley, ktnxbyeeeeee

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Awwwww I love your writeup for Will! Our blue-haired king for the ages! He single-handedly cured my ennui for the show after the disaster that is S16. I still listen to his originals to this day, go stream Annemarie, Tried and White Lily of the Valley, ktnxbyeeeeee

Kiiiing 👑

UGH my notes got removed

- Darius is my favourite by far from here and the only one i would put in my top tier. His runs are the epitome of r&b excellence.

- Very unpopular opinion but I liked Alexa’s IGTMIM more than Kat’s, I think because Kat’s was purposefully very raw which didn’t appeal to me as much as Alexa’s more polished pop version.

- Sarah’s BA is an all-timer which deserves its spot here but I was never drawn to it? I guess the song is supposed to be very meaningful but it never struck a cord for me so it didn’t work as much for me as her KO did. Wild Horses is one of the best KOs of the show imo.

I need to relisten to Clarissa and Will before commenting

1 hour ago, MatthewPalermo said:

I've lurked this thread a lot and haven't sent anything but I am HERE for Kat Robichaud being in the top 10. She was the first blind audition I ever saw and she still remains one of my favorites to this day. We just don't get rock females like her anymore.

And not a single person guessed her for the top 10! She definitely deserves a lot more respect on the show.