🌺 Alexa Wildish Fan Thread 🌺

istersay

• 1 month later...

from tvline

Team Niall: Alexa Wildish (Grade: A+) defeated LVNDR (Grade: A) on “Everything I Wanted” | Paired by Niall because he saw these contestants as his two storytellers, LVNDR and Alexa told a tale that should have ended with neither of them going home. Their Billie Eilish cover was truly gorgeous, with LVNDR’s vocals rolling in as softly as fog and Alexa delivering a performance that was so pure and emotional and beautiful, it made me think of Karen Carpenter. No wonder Alexa was in tears by the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • istersay changed the title to 🌺 Alexa Wildish Fan Thread 🌺

from tvline

Team Niall: Alexa Wildish singing “Believe” (Grade: A++) 

First up, Alexa delivered a stripped-down version of Cher’s smash that was so, so freaking gorgeous and emotionally resonant, it left even me crying. And if you’ve never typed a recap while watching a TV show, lemme tell ya: You’re in a hurry, you’re trying to keep up, you’ve got a lot going on, and Alexa just tore through all of that, grabbed my heart and squeezed. Hard. What a star. 

• Like 1

Alexa was amazing tonight! We have an Alexa too which she kept making that sound whenever we hear Alexa's name on the show. My uncle and aunt called her the winner of The Voice. She reminds me of a mix of Maelyn and Eva Cassidy. Really stunning and magical. I was crying my heart out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Persy said:

Alexa was amazing tonight! We have an Alexa too which she kept making that sound whenever we hear Alexa's name on the show. My uncle and aunt called her the winner of The Voice. She reminds me of a mix of Maelyn and Eva Cassidy. Really stunning and magical. I was crying my heart out.

'a mix of Maelyn and Eva Cassidy', I agree with that 🥰

• Like 1

Alexa Wildish
November 3 at 8:59 AM
Refuge

I wrote this song many years ago and honestly waited a long while before I felt ready to share it. It felt far too exposing and raw. When I chose to release it on my last Self-titled EP, I felt that this message needed to be heard. What if it helps one person feel seen, loved, and safe?

Here it is, just me, the music and my octave mandolin.

When @niallhoran assigned the very deep and vulnerable song Everything I Wanted by @billieeilish for our Battle on The Voice, I knew that there was some potent medicine available in singing a song like that. The lyric, “If I could change the way that you see yourself” completely floored me.

I had touched this tender topic in my own music, in my own songs, but my song Refuge felt the most similar in tone.

I kept referring to Refuge for the courage I needed to sing this message on such a big stage. It’s wild how songs have evolutions as we continue to grow and shift. Refuge helped me to contact the depth I needed for Everything I Wanted.

Billie’s lyrics brought up a lot in me- mountains of doubt and fear around the massive leap I was about to take into the public eye! Was I ready? Had I moved through enough self- doubt to be this raw? Everything was coming up to be witnessed and loved.

And what I kept coming back to is my song Refuge. It’s wild how as a songwriter, our own songs are ultimately for us to hear first.

It was a supreme honor to sing one of Billie’s songs on that stage- especially a song that I had also heard took some time and a lot of consideration to release.

No matter what genre, I am in awe of the power that songwriting has to make us feel, release and alchemize our pain into beauty. That’s what all art does. Its absolute magic.

I hope this song helps you feel. And I hope you know just how much you are loved. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

“I’m here, I love you and that’s all I know”

A very big thank you to @mineralsound Daniel Herman for the video and to Lyons, Co 🧡
Instrument: Fletcher Brock Octave Mandolin ✨

15 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

alexa was so good!!! 

:wub: I don't think she could have done any better, I thought it was flawless

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

We have some excellent performances this season vocal-wise... but this performance will be remembered for a very long time - easily the most heartfelt performance of the season for me.

Add Me Please.

I think it will be remembered also, it sure will be by me, her emotion when singing is something else

added you :w00twave:

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:05 PM, StarWalker1 said:

just stumbled on this, absolutely breathtaking 

this is stunning ❤️ 

18 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

Wow Alexa's knockout was sooo good!!! Her voice is so beautiful and I loved the song choice for her.

It was a great choice, and her arrangement was perfect, the emotion she sings with really gets to me

• Like 1