Alex95

5 minutes ago, jarmon said:

NOMINEES:

Jay (American Idol)

Gisele Lullaby (CDR3)

Silky Nutmeg Ganache (CDR: CvtW)

Dominique Sharpton (Claim to Fame)

Wayne Brady & Witney Carson (DWTS31)

Jordin Sparks & Brandon Armstrong (DWTS31)

Zeta Morrison (Love Island)

Sydney Paight (Love Island)

Isaiah Campbell (Love Island)

Courtney Boerner (Love Island)

Kesi Neblett (The Mole)

Keaton Kermode (SYTYCD17)

Ralyn Johnson (SYTCYD17)

Drea Wheeler (Survivor 42)

Bumping to New Page.

JAY

AMERICAN IDOL - SEASON 20

fb012431ec81fdba7bce7a2ec41367fe

This cut is mainly due to the fact that I'd rather have Fritz to win American Idol 20, in this rankdown, although I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of his but it's better him than Jay ; I still would have preferred Leah or Huntergirl to be F2 of that season, in real life or in this rankdown, but some people had other plans instead. Anyway, onto Jay : As we know, he competed on the 20th season of American Idol.  Since I didn't watch the auditions, I can't really tell much about his audition but he did sing "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" and got a platinum ticket.  Normally, I remember the performances at the top of my head but I am drawing a blank at Jay so I am looking what he sang : I do remember liking his version of "Lilac Wine" as well as "Jar of Hearts". He got eliminated during the Top 7 after his performance of "I Have Nothing" and "A Song For Mama" - this is a great placement for him considering where he finished on Idol.

SAVING: GISÈLE LULLABY

Courtney Boerner (Love Island US4)

Love Island USA star Courtney Boerner looks unrecognizable in photos taken  BEFORE she underwent 19 plastic surgeries | The US Sun

Courtney was a Day 1 contestant on this season, so at least she wasn't one of the randoms who appeared mid-way through the show with zero context. She made it 24 days before being dumped. That put her in 13th place overall? 7th for the women? Track record maybe doesn't mean a whole lot on this kind of show, I'm not sure. I guess Courtney was able to be paired up for the first 5 weeks of the show, but didn't have anyone for week 6 and had to leave. She started with Andy, then Felipe, then Bryce, Bryce again, then Chad, and that was it. It looks like Makenzie Dipman's surprise appearance on Day 21 ruined Courtney's future plans on the program. Makenzie was someone from a past season of the show and she stole Chad and left Courtney all alone. How sad. 

Save Keaton SYTYCD

Awww bummer at the Jay cut. I was rooting for him to get the American Idol win after Nicolina & Leah were gone so soon. 😢 But Jay getting 2nd is not too shabby and nothing to really complain about so I'm at peace there. :haha:  Great placement for him and "Lilac Wine" will always be one of the standouts of the season!

And really pleased for Courney getting this far. :wub: She was my favorite of the non-finalists so I was just hoping she'd make it the furthest of the non-finalists. Sadly she was unlucky in finding love or any connections on the show but I thought she was one of the most fun and entertaining people on the show. I remember her having a really hilarious laugh too. :haha: 

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Akshar's Noms Posted

62cef95f494b5.image.jpg
Ralyn Johnson

Ralyn Johnson placed in the top six of the seventeenth season of So You Think You Can Dance. I was a Ralyn fan for the most part and it’s nice to see her make it this far. It would’ve been nicer had she beaten Alexis and Keaton, but we move. Ralyn didn’t have the best journey on the show but it’s very rare someone knocks it out of the park every single week. Her Jive with Carter resembled something from the UK show so that didn’t impress me. Her Contemporary with Carter was a huge step up and was probably my favourite routine that week? Her African Jazz left me feeling nothing. The Jazz with Beau was pretty solid but I got lost in between the speed of the music/the dancing. She was then paired with Comfort and this was probably my favourite from her.  She kept up with Comfort and the choreography was strong. She was then pitted against Essence during the face off rounds and ultimately lost. Ralyn’s done well in this rankdown but it’s ultimately her turn to leave now we’re down to so few.

Saving Silky.

Dominique Sharpton (Claim to Fame)

9368966f-2ccc-43a4-8188-d662de01d04a-162

Dominique Sharpton competed on the first season of Claim to Fame. Aww I'm a little sad to cut Dominique. But at the same time, for strategic purposes, I'm totally and perfectly fine with making this cut to ensure that my actual Top 2 of the season, L.C. and Louise get the Top 2, sooooo at this point Dominique has to go. 

As you may wonder from the last name, Dominique Sharpton's claim to fame is being the daughter of Al Sharpton. Dangg, when I was first watching the show, I was really dead set and so sure that Dominique's famous relative was Loni Love. She reminded me so much of Loni with her look, laugh and some of her mannerisms but sadly I was off there. I was so proud of myself for clueing that in so early on but then I was wrong and I was SO mad about that. :dead: I mean look at this pic here and tell me you see the Loni/Dominique connection. Dominique was one of the season's earliest masterminds and strategic players of the game. But I think it was a case of her playing too hard, too fast and people not liking her gameplay. I can't remember the exact details of her gameplay so ugh at that. I also loved her dry humor and nonchalant attitude she had on the show. She had this IDAGC attitude about her and it just made me crack up a lot of the times. :dead: Sadly, this did not work in her favor as she was eliminated on Episode 5. She tried to guess Kai's celebrity relative (where I think she guessed Andra Day as her relative), which she got wrong, which caused her to get eliminated from the show. :( I was sad to see Dominique go because I felt she had a lot more to give and maybe could have made it a harder game for Logan and L.C., with them being strong strategic players.

Saving: Wayne Brady & Witney Carson 

Sydney Paight

Sydney Paight (@sydneypaight) Official | TikTok

Sydney Paight was on love Island USA season 4.  She entered the villa on Day 1.  She made it all the way to the end of the season.  Throughout the season she was partnered with Isaiah 4 times and Andy twice.  She finished the season partnered with Isaiah though, and the pair were voted into second place overall.  Sydney is an operations manager from Los Angeles, California.  There are no interesting factoids on her Love Island page.  So I guess I will say that she has 260k followers on her instagram.  Good start for someone looking for fame and fortune on reality television.  I don't have anything else to add, congrats on Top 100!

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

The one show that majority of us all watches, probably why 

Dancing with the Stars says hi. :giggle: 

I feel like that's the one show all of us rankers watch. :haha: Maybe American Idol but I know some people aren't really tuned into that. :haha: 

KESI NEBLETT

MV5BM2RkMmYxZTktNjAyMy00OGEwLThhYTctNTA3YjU4Y2ZiMzU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

I'd like to see Avori and Pranav as the Top 2 for The Mole, so that's why I'm eliminating Kesi here. So, SPOILER ALERT, but Kesi was the Mole. Perhaps it would've been fitting to see the actual Mole take the top spot for her show in this rankdown, but oh well. Part of the fun of watching The Mole is to try to figure out who the Mole is. Kesi wasn't really on my radar until the episode when she left everyone else behind to sleep in an empty warehouse while she got to sleep in a hotel room. That was suspicious, but would the Mole really be that obvious? I was suspicious, but it wasn't until Kesi obviously sabotaged that bird task with Joi when I was 100% certain that Kesi was the Mole. There were some telltale signs in hindsight, such as how badly Kesi flopped in that gold challenge. By the end of the season, Kesi didn't go undetected, allowing Will to claim the win. Overall The Mole was a fun watch, and I'm looking forward to the next season of The Mole whenever it's released on Netflix.

Saving Zeta.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47er14iiy7fs2v08o7pg6le62ey03hnrxmnjrkrqjt&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Jordin Sparks & Brandon Armstrong

Some 'DWTS' Cast Members Reportedly Think Jordin Sparks is "Overconfident"

Ok so, this wasn't the direction I was really expecting to take here because I don't really know Isaiah lol. But I was thinking about Jordin (and some of the DWTS couples in general) making it this long. I guess it's one of the shows the most of us follow so it makes sense they lasted this long. I love Jordin, so it's a tough cut but here it comes. Great Idol contestant. Great pop star of the late 2000s. But not the greatest of DWTS contestants.

That's not to say Jordin was bad by any means. I think she did well during her time on the show. But ultimately, in the grand scheme of things if we're looking for the best of the best in this rankdown, I don't think Jordin's run quite stacks up to get her to top 100. There are elements to this, one of them possibly being Brandon's choreo. I think Brandon gets a little bit of a bad rep as a pro and people come for his choreography more often I've noticed, but Jordin is one of those examples where I feel like she could have maybe been given a little more. There was potential there I feel for her to last a little longer, she had the personality and the ability to shine for it. Realistically she should not have been outlasted by Vinny and Trevor Donovan of all people, but you can see why it happened.

I think Jordin's Foxtrot was my highlight of her journey, just a really nice, classic Foxtrot to a classic piece of music. She did a great job, here and looked gorgeous too. Ultimately she went home in ninth place. I think if I was told that pre-season, I'd have been super disappointed, but then it happened and I was content. She had a fine run, but I found myself being invested in more couples.

Still love her of course and the string of bops she gave us!

Save Isaiah