The Voice ♦ S26 ♦ Spoilers/News/Updates - Speculation

Someone648

6 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Panel predictions for this season? Hope Niall and Gwen return with two new coaches!!!!

Gwen returning is a given due to the dearth of celebrities who even want to become new coaches.  But sadly, I think that John has punched his ticket for next fall, as well.

So it'll be a question of whom the other two are.  But I think that Reba's the permanent country coach now with Blake gone.  So there really might be one left to consider.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shinuki said:

Why Niall wouldn't return? he clearly loves the show, the public loves him and he won 2 consecutive times, and he gets some sweet millions on top of that :haha:

Just like why any other 2 season contract coach hasn’t returned lol; busy outside of the show or whatever

He said he wants to return though so maybe he can return for s27 or 28

Edited by Mathacoo200315
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Kelsea says she's going to branch out into all types of entertainment this year. I wonder if she's a potential coach for season 26.

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/kelsea-ballerini-renews-deal-black-river-entertainment-1235900622/

Would be interesting to see if this means Reba won’t be back for S26. I don’t mind Kelsea, but if Reba goes, the show is gonna need a big name to bring in the older demo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Kelsea says she's going to branch out into all types of entertainment this year. I wonder if she's a potential coach for season 26.

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/kelsea-ballerini-renews-deal-black-river-entertainment-1235900622/

that could be interesting. :yes:

moved this post to the season 26 thread

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Would be interesting to see if this means Reba won’t be back for S26. I don’t mind Kelsea, but if Reba goes, the show is gonna need a big name to bring in the older demo.

She could replace Reba or she could replace Dan + Shay too I guess. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Whoops  I didn't  realize there was a 26 thread already. 

it's kind of fun to have a season we know nothing about, I hope they change up the coaching panel with some new people

• 2 weeks later...

But seriously, do y'all think they will keep the double chair for S26? I doubt that they took 10 years to introduce the double chair for it to be a 1 season gimmick, it opens the door for so many interesting duo combinations

Edited by Shinuki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shinuki said:

But seriously, do y'all think they will keep the double chair for S26? I doubt that they took 10 years to introduce the double chair for it to be a 1 season gimmick, it opens the door for so many interesting duo combinations

i'm not sure, I think other countries double chairs have been around quite a while

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shinuki said:

If not for directly next season, then for sure for season twenty-seven, if Dan + Shay aren't going to do back-to-back seasons.  Other than Ariana and Camila, every coach who signs on does at least two seasons, so I can see them doing a second one, as well.

• Like 2

Yes, it's weird that it took them 24 seasons to have a double chair whereas other countries have had it for years and even introduced a trio coach (Belgium and Lithuana). It's also funny that the UK version followed the US steps right away when the double chair is not a necessary addition at the moment, in my opinion, have someone replace Sir Tom is a better option. 

Dan + Shay is country-pop so they'll most likely stay for a couple of seasons. I can see the duo with John and possibly Reba, since she just clarified she isn't leaving The Voice at the moment. 

• Like 1