Too bad Green Day used the title "American Idiot" because it's a much better name for this show.

satyre

This show was blessed with some real talent this season. So of course they'd mostly all get voted off, because the voters prefer singers they can identify with to singers who can sing. Does anyone seriously believe that Colin is better than Zachariah, Warren, Tyson or Oliver?! Or that Megan is better than We, Nailyah or Lucy?! Really?! Well, now the best three, We, Nailyah and Zachariah are all gone. Only Iam is left. And once again, American Idol is a joke. And speaking of jokes, how about these judges? We saw how much better the show is without Katy and Lionel. Neither have anything to say, although I've never heard anyone who has so little to say and pontificates so much as Lionel. Katy is ridiculously unprofessional. None of these judges give critiques, they just say essentially the same thing to everyone. Everyone is a superstar, everyone is becoming themselves, bad notes don't matter and they adopt contestants rather than judge them. They completely ruined Haven, who started out a serious songwriter and was turned into a pop princess who couldn't, and shouldn't, hit the high notes they felt were necessary. Luke isn't Keith Urban, and he's clearly biased, but at least he has some credibility. How about a panel, say, of Alanis Morissette, Adam Lambert (if he had time) and Keith Urban? Even Miley Cyrus is better than these three. The good news is that it's a curse to win American Idol, so if by some ridiculous miracle Colin or Megan win, at least there's no harm done, great singers like We and Nailyah and a great performer like Zachariah will be free to display their talents.

Edited by satyre

Yes, Colin is better than Zachariah and Oliver lol. Tyson was good but too young and underdeveloped right now. He shouldn’t be in the finale over Wé, no. 

Megan is great and I don’t get why people are ragging on her all of the sudden. She has been the most consistent female this entire season.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Nailyah certainly shouldn’t have been eliminated as early as she was. 

However, as someone who was a big fan of Lucy, I think she struggled with song choice later on, which led to I think a reasonably fair elimination timing (although a week more would’ve been fine with me).

Also, as for Megan, she’s consistently been vocally very strong, with powerful belting, an interesting/stand-out vocal texture, and good song choices. I think she’s made a very strong case to win this show, even though Iam likely will win.

• Like 2

Megan and Colin were among my two least favorites of the top 24 and are now in the final 3 . Tyson, Olivia and  Nutsa in my opinion were much more talented than those two and should have all made it closer to the finale . if not them We certainly should have made it . at least Iam is still there and hopefully he wins next week.

• Like 1

I'm not really a fan of Christian music but Megan's voice is so identifiable its easy to see why she made top 3. Iam has the loveable Ruben effect and clearly even the liberal Hollywood in studio audience loves hi.

Colin unfortunately is just a product of the middle of the country heavy vote. But at this point AI is not gaining a new audience

• Like 2

Megan is just as good of if not a better singer than any of the ones you mentioned.

Colin may not be a technically better singer than Zach but he isn't a bad singer and is way more marketable. 

Why is everyone always complaining?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2