Season 21 Top 5 Disney Night Song Choice Reveal!! °o° ❤️

JodiRose

https://people.com/music/american-idol-disney-night-setlist-exclusive/

-Colin: “Real Gone” (Cars)/“Nobody Knows” (Lumineers, Pete’s Dragon)

-Iam: “Lava” (Lava and Inside Out)/“Father and Son” (Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2)

-Megan: “Carried Me With You” (Onward)/“You Can’t Stop the Girl” (Bebe Rexha, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil)

-Wé: “Into the Unknown” (Frozen II)/“The Climb” (Hannah Montana: The Movie)

-Zachariah: “I Just Can’t Wait to be King” (The Lion King)/“Life is a Highway” (Rascal Flatts, Cars)

Edited by JodiRose

- I can't be the only one that is thinking Wé is being bussed, right? She got the two most predictable/overdone songs and I'm not sure she has the ability to pull of Into The Unknown (even Grace Kinstler struggled a bit).

- Iam got perfect songs.

- At first I was shocked/confused by Megan's Bebe song, but after listening I can see the vision. The Brandi song is also a good pick for her. 

- Colin's and Zachariah's picks are good for them. Nothing too unpredictable tho.

The songs seem more fresh and flexible this season compared to past ones (Guardians of the Galaxy, Hannah Montana, Maleficent). 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

- I can't be the only one that is thinking Wé is being bussed, right? She got the two most predictable/overdone songs and I'm not sure she has the ability to pull of Into The Unknown (even Grace Kinstler struggled a bit).

I hope not!  😱

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, m1key said:

- Iam got perfect songs.

- At first I was shocked/confused by Megan's Bebe song, but after listening I can see the vision. The Brandi song is also a good pick for her. 

- Colin's and Zachariah's picks are good for them. Nothing too unpredictable tho.

The songs seem more fresh and flexible this season compared to past ones (Guardians of the Galaxy, Hannah Montana, Maleficent). 

I must be hearing a different song. I just watched Idina Menzel's version on YouTube. With what I heard I think We' can handle herself. I have been following her TikTok channel and she has slayed much harder songs.

I don't know what's with the Negative Nancy attitude when it comes to We' in the past couple of weeks. 

Like are we really freaking out over The Climb? 

I could see something like Reflection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, m1key said:

- Iam got perfect songs.

Im a bit confused as to how you think We is getting bussed ... The climb hasn't been performed since Gabby Barrett did it ages ago and Into the unknown is a solid song choice. Zachariah's song choices on the other hand sound VERY predictable and on the nose

• Like 1

First of all, I'm voting for both Megan and Wé this Sunday regardless of how they perform so don't attack me 😭

The Climb will be great, I just think it would've been more strategic for her to pick a more obscure song so she could make it her own. 

As for Into the Unknown... idk I just can't picture her singing that song. I feel like it is a song made for a soprano with a "thinner" vocal quality, whereas Wé's voice has a thicker and deeper tone to it. Of course, she could use this as an opporotunity to make the song her own! I'm just worried for how her upper register will sound. Hoping she proves me wrong of course.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, m1key said:

First of all, I'm voting for both Megan and Wé this Sunday regardless of how they perform so don't attack me 😭

The Climb will be great, I just think it would've been more strategic for her to pick a more obscure song so she could make it her own. 

As for Into the Unknown... idk I just can't picture her singing that song. I feel like it is a song made for a soprano with a "thinner" vocal quality, whereas Wé's voice has a thicker and deeper tone to it. Of course, she could use this as an opporotunity to make the song her own! I'm just worried for how her upper register will sound. Hoping she proves me wrong of course.

Granted she was able to pull I have nothing and ain't no way, and those are arguably much tougher songs to sing. I think she can handle it!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Im a bit confused as to how you think We is getting bussed ... The climb hasn't been performed since Gabby Barrett did it ages ago and Into the unknown is a solid song choice. Zachariah's song choices on the other hand sound VERY predictable and on the nose

I don’t get how We is getting bussed either. ITU is good for her. The Climb can work well for anyone given the right arrangement. 

for Zachariah, I think he has one good song which imo is unpredictable (IJCWTBK), and one “why would anyone pick this?” song (LIAH). Though, to be fair, while “Life Is a Highway” would easily be predicable for the average country contestant to sing, for a jazz/throwback artist like Zachariah, it is a bit unpredictable. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, m1key said:

I hope that she proves you wrong too.  But I think that she will.  I was afraid when she chose “I Have Nothing” and she proved my fears wrong then, so as Billy Joel might sing, “I’m Keeping the Faith, Yay Yay Yay Keeping the Faith.”

31 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I hope Zach and Iam both stay. 

and I’m usually one of the IDF posters who prefers women contestants. Lol. 

Small voice... So do I. But I love Megan and We. They were like the only interesting girls on there. IMO

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KelseyW said:

Small voice... So do I. But I love Megan and We. They were like the only interesting girls on there. IMO

I enjoy We. I do want to see another “Edge of Midnight” performance though from her. Also, about Megan. She was one of my favorites starting when I started watching (showcase on YouTube). However, (I know IDF will disagree with me), I feel like she isn’t as good as she was/could be starting top 10 show forward. Hopefully her performances Disney night bring her back to her performances that I enjoyed. I appreciate her choosing a lesser known Disney song. And the jam that is “Can’t Stop The Girl”. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm concerned for We this week, too. I think she'll do a great job singing The Climb. But, I do think she'll probably struggle with singing Into The Unknown. I do think Megan picked better songs for her voice. Colin also made some wise song choices. So, as of right now, I do think Zachariah and We are the contestants that will most likely not be making it to the finale.

7 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

This might hurt Megan.  I don't think that Onward is a well known film.

It’s been out for 3 years now and she’s singing Brandi Carlile’s song from it, who is a well known singer. 

2 hours ago, Winterfan said:

Unfortunately, I'm concerned for We this week, too. I think she'll do a great job singing The Climb. But, I do think she'll probably struggle with singing Into The Unknown. I do think Megan picked better songs for her voice. Colin also made some wise song choices. So, as of right now, I do think Zachariah and We are the contestants that will most likely not be making it to the finale.

I’m still keeping the faith.  And praying that Wé will make the song work.

• Like 2

Really wanted He Mele No Lilo for Iam, but Lava will do. And if Lava doesn't do it, Father and Son will.

Carried Me With You is such a good song and Onward is so underrated. The 2 songs are definitely obscure for the audience, but we'll see if she can deliver.

Not sure how audience will feel about Wé. Obviously they're beloved songs, but will the audience care?

Colin... I think someone already sang Real Gone a couple seasons ago? It should get him some votes but it's still a tad bit obscure compared to other picks tonight.

Zachariah got fun, easily recognizable song picks, not sure if he'll 100% deliver them and get the right support though.

Edited by Someone648

- Zachariah having two songs that suit him perfectly excites me. I don’t see him messing either of them up and he could have two moments.

- Grace absolutely smashed ITU and did amazing with it so I doubt Wè will even come close to the same sort of moment. She doesn’t have anywhere near the same range as Grace. TC seems like a random choice considering everyone else has picked at least one song in their own style. I suppose it can’t be anymore irritating than Hollie Cavangh.

- Megan doesn’t have the strongest Disney song with CMWY so I’m worried for her. I’m struggling to find a way to make the song memorable. The BeBe Rexha song is far better though and if she’s able to showcase her upper range then it’ll be fine 

- Colin doesn’t have the most exciting songs but both are in his wheelhouse so I’m sure he’ll be fine when it comes to delivering.

Iam - Lava is such a boring song but I suppose he chose it because of the style of the song. I don’t see it going anywhere and it being another average performance to get him to the finale. F&S seems like the biggest cop out of the week for me.