Do you think the coaches are told who to pick as the winners of the battles and knockouts?

Avery

I mean, unless the producers are unaware of who the audience likes, I feel like too many fan favourites have been eliminated in battles and knockouts for that to be the case.

I mean, Sheer Element was one of the more popular auditions of the season, Ignatious and Mendelyev both had one of the most viewed auditions of their season. Kelsie Watts, Rizzi Myers as well, and I'm sure there's plenty more.

Edited by Hsamid

Yes, they were told to eliminate Allie and Alyssa so there wouldn’t be so many contestants with a similar name :giggle:

In all seriousness, I think there are some individual cases of this, like if contestants were dating they will eliminate one or both of them early on - I remember people at least speculating this with Britton/Livia, Brennen/Brennan etc. But in general, unless the coaches are really good actors I think they’re the ones deciding.

1 hour ago, Avery said:

I’ve been curious about this for a while 

As someone who has attended a lot of tapings in person, I really don't think so.  You have to keep in mind the coaches comments and deliberation is a lot longer than what they show on TV, while one hopes that the most pertinent parts of their comments make it to air so that the audience can understand their decision, that isn't always the case.

• Like 1

Nope, if producers actually did that a lot of decisions made during these rounds wouldn't have been made, and you also can pretty much see how most of the coaches decisions are a direct reflection of their personalities and music tastes