FloorWax reviews every TVUS Winner's Journey (Season 22 Posted!)

FloorWax

Maelyn had so many performances I would consider all-timers, which is pretty crazy considering how short her run was. Watching Mad World, The Scientist and Stay for the first time are some of my favorite and most memorable moments as a fan of the show.

Kinda sad how anonymous she has been post-show.

• Like 4

I know everyone was saying that even though she was sick in Stay she still did a good job, but I don’t remember hearing any problems? Maybe if I went back and listened knowing that it would be different, but I thought it seemed like basically her usual standard of performance.

Hallelujah was my favorite from her and probably my favorite version of that song, could be wrong but I don’t remember a better one? Matthew Schuler’s is up there but I think I prefer Maelyn.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

It’s such a shame that she hasn’t been able to do much music-wise after the show. It’s possible that writing songs isn’t really her thing but still.

Some thoughts.

1. Blind Audition: Fields of Gold - Perfect. In the all-time Top 5 list for sure.

2. Battle: When We Were Young - Not a fan of this battle. Mainly because no one belted the big parts here. Savannah tried, but not enough. 

3. Cross Battle: Mad World - Perfect. Another flawless performance, and I felt it.

4. PO: Falling Water: Good performance. Had minor issues, but aren't easily noticeable. The opening was beautiful though.

5. Top 13: The Scientist - Amazing performance. But for some reason, I didn't like it as much as some of you guys did.

6. Top 8: Stay - My 3rd fav performance from her. Not flawless as FOG, Mad World, and The Scientist, but I really really love it. I always get chills on the last few parts.

7. Top 4: Wait For You - Minor issues, but overall a good performance. However, I Personally didn't like it. (except for a few parts)

8. Top 4: Hallelujah - My personal favorite performance from her. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. I think right now, I like it just as much as Jordan's... and that's not easy for me to say about anyone.

Order: Hallelujah > Fields of Gold > Stay > Mad World > The Scientist > Falling Water > When We Were Young > Wait For You.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

5. Top 13: The Scientist - Amazing performance. But for some reason, I didn't like it as much as some of you guys did.

I agree with this though… maybe bc I’ve heard so many covers of that song, but that’s also true of Hallelujah and even Stay to an extent? Idk (it was still great though but I didn’t like it as much as Hallelujah or Stay)

• Like 1

Post show, yeah, I don´t think she´s made much movements in comparison to many recent winners before and after her, who at least have gotten a single out, and more. I don´t know the reason, maybe she´s not doing music anymore, maybe she´s still taking her time, I have no clue. But letting time pass is the worst thing you can do in music. People lose interest.

Edited by Misirlou

Just now, FloorWax said:

It’s such a shame that she hasn’t been able to do much music-wise after the show. It’s possible that writing songs isn’t really her thing but still.

I mean, she could still do covers at the very least...

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

Maelyn had so many performances I would consider all-timers, which is pretty crazy considering how short her run was. Watching Mad World, The Scientist and Stay for the first time are some of my favorite and most memorable moments as a fan of the show.

Of all the winners, her lack of post-show success is the most disappointing to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I mean, she could still do covers at the very least...

Not easy to do so. I wanted the same from Jordan and Tess, and I'm still waiting. lol

Jordan tried 15-30 sec covers, but stopped doing them 2 years ago. Really hard, esp if you are a busy personality.

8 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Not easy to do so. I wanted the same from Jordan and Tess, and I'm still waiting. lol

Jordan tried 15-30 sec covers, but stopped doing them 2 years ago. Really hard, esp if you are a busy personality.

I'm not sure about Tess but Jordan is still performing and making music.

As far as we know, Maelyn isn't up to anything musically. Ah well, it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

As far as we know, Maelyn isn't up to anything musically. Ah well, it is what it is.

Yes, both of them are making music, but I was just talking about posting covers regularly. It's really hard.

43 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

From what I can tell, I think Tess is kinda just living a regular life now with her family in Jamaica and there’s nothing wrong with that.

It’s really hard to tell what Maelyn’s been doing. It looks like her music career rn is limited to being asked to perform at NFL games sometimes.

• Like 1

Hello Sunday - Stone Cold

Ok but seriously...

Mendeleyev - Girl from North Country

Alex Guthrie - I'm Not the Only One

Ricky Braddy - So High

Joana Martinez - You Can't Stop the Girl

Marybeth Byrd - Lose You to Love Me

Rose Short - Border Song

If we're talking just favorite performances of the season, my list would be full of Rose and Katie lmao, but I don't really consider those underrated

Top 2 is probably Katie's I'm Goin Down and Rose's IWTKWLI.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

What are some underrated Season 17 performances 🤔

BA:
Marina Chello - Walk Me Home
Cory Jackson - Galveston
Royce Lovett - 911
Elise Azkoul - Million Reasons
Mendeleyev - Girl From The North Country
Joana Martinez - Call Out My Name
Brennen Henson - Riptide
Elliemae - Merry Go Round (shortclipped but  I think it's worth a listen)
Matt New - Sunflower
Myracle Holloway - When I Was Your Man
Steve Knill - Up To The Mountain
Ricky Braddy - The Story

Edited by allistr

Just now, FloorWax said:

Out of joke 

Dane & Stephanie - "Angela" 

Damali - "Sober" 

Kyndall vs James - "I Could Use A Love Song" 

Injoy Fountain - "7 Rings" 

Marybeth vs Dane & Stephanie - "Burning House" 

Joana Martínez - "Call Out My Name"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yes, both of them are making music, but I was just talking about posting covers regularly. It's really hard.

Yeah I know, at least they are putting out music and performing is my point. 

Tbh, most voice alumni don't post covers that often which is a shame. Out of all the contestants I check on every now and then, Allegra seems to be the only one who does so with any regularity.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Myracle Holloway- When I Was Your Man

Myracle Holloway and Elise Azkoul- breathin'

Myracle Holloway- Get Here

Myracle Holloway- Everybody Hurts

Myracle Holloway- You Are So Beautiful (my favorite instant save ever)

Edited by erik g
  • Like 1