Chris' Drag Race Ruview - 2022 Edition!

*Chris

Drag-Race-2022-.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=1024

Around the globe, thousand of newspaper and news network are creating their year-end ruview.

As 2022 saw Drag Race going global, I will be doing a year-end list to mention some of the highlights.

In total, we saw 12 seasons in 22 but I've only seen 11 of them - the one I've not seen is Italia 2.

What will be highlighted? The series, the queens, the runways, the entrance, the lipsyncs...

* Remember that this is my opinion, and if you disagree with it, you'll have to deal with it :giggle: 

• Like 3

Up first will be my ranking of the series / seasons.  

I will be ranking the following:

UK vs. The World

RPDR 14
Drag Race España 2

RPDR: All Stars 7

Drag Race France 1

Drag Race Canada Canada 3

Drag Race Celebrity 2

Drag Race Down Under 2

Drag Race Philippines 1

Drag Race UK 4

Canada vs. The World

CHRIS' RANKING OF THE SEASONS AIRED IN 2022

nodding-rupaul.gif 

11. SECRET CELEBRITY DRAG RACE : SEASON 2

Secret-Celebrity-Drag-Race_081522_11.jpg&q=60

This happened but at least, this time around, it was a full-on season, and certainly an improvement from their first edition.  I will not be ranking any of them in my queen ranking but some of the highlights include Poppy Love’s performance skills, Chic-Li-Fay showing that they could do this full-time, and Thirsty Von Trap’s snatch game performance of Erika Jayne.

10. RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE: DOWN UNDER 2

rpdr-down-under-season-2.jpg?fit=1200,675&ssl=1

This was a huge improvement from the first season but there’s still lots of work to be done with Down Under 2, mainly having a new host and panel with people who want to be done & understanding the innuendos - Ru should just give the hosting gig to Kita Mean or Anita Wig’lit at this point. The only saving grace of this season was 3 or 4 drag queens with an excellent winner, and a formidable finalist. 

09. RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE UK: SERIES 4

72bbfa39-26d8-43ec-b056-1ae68abed8e5.jpg

It was not a terrible series but it was one that I thought was hard to get into, and I’ve lost interest at the middle point of the series. There was some questionable decisions being made, and I wasn’t really WOW’ed by any of the Maxi-Challenges of the season.  The queens were great but that’s not enough for me to rank the series any higher as I thought the other series were stronger than this one.

08. RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE : SEASON 14

14Cast-1.jpg

While I love a good portion of this cast, the season had some very HIGHS and some LOWS for me. I appreciate that they wanted to add twists but the twists made the season last 14 years instead of 14 episodes from the double shantay, the returning of the queens, and the chocolate bar. Overall, I did enjoy the season but I became super fatigued & there were certainly some questionable decisions being made.

Edited by *Chris

I was gonna say, unpopular opinion but DU2 low-key one of my favourite seasons of the year! (looking at the full list…it might even make my top 3 🙈) The winner is one of my favourites and some enjoyable characters.

I haven’t seen some of the international seasons in full but otherwise agree with a lot of this. UK4 started strong IMO and then became a bit of a slog. I haven’t watched Celebrity Drag Race yet and idk if I ever well. US14 had such a promising cast imo and would have been more of an enjoyable season if it wasn’t so long

Edited by *Lily

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

i stopped when DU2 was ranked second last.  How could it be that low when you have Spankie Jackzon?

lmlmvb4d7nl91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

It’s not a direct ranking based on the queen but on my overall enjoyment of the season 😛 

24 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I was gonna say, unpopular opinion but DU2 low-key one of my favourite seasons of the year! (looking at the full list…it might even make my top 3 🙈) The winner is one of my favourites and some enjoyable characters.

I haven’t seen some of the international seasons in full but otherwise agree with a lot of this. UK4 started strong IMO and then became a bit of a slog. I haven’t watched Celebrity Drag Race yet and idk if I ever well. US14 had such a promising cast imo and would have been more of an enjoyable season if it wasn’t so long

I do like it but I also enjoyed almost every season from this year. Also I find the fact that it’s clear RuPaul and Michelle don’t care to being there makes it hard to enjoy. Do love the winner alot and it’ll be reflected in my ranking of the queens… The cast as a whole is questionable though - they need to do better at vetting their contestants and I had a hard time finding 25 runway looks that I loved.

Agreed with everything that you mentioned though !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Also I find the fact that it’s clear RuPaul and Michelle don’t care to being there makes it hard to enjoy.

I know they debunked the rumour that RuPaul is green-screened into the show but I still believe it!

Agree with your point on the cast though. I liked the cast as a whole but as we know..it’s a low bar after Season 1 lmao

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

UK 4 was really dull to me. Outside of Dakota and the Top 2 I couldn't care less about them

EDIT:

UGH and Baby... Baby leaving was a huge bummer and downer. And Dakota leaving killed the season.

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

during the season I wasn't living for US14 but I think overall the journey of hating Daya and Camden initially and then absolutely stanning at the end was really fun. I think US14 will age well

I agree with you about the queens, but unsure if US14 will age well cause their questionable choices will remain :haha: 

12 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

UK 4 was really dull to me. Outside of Dakota and the Top 2 I couldn't care less about them

EDIT:

UGH and Baby... Baby leaving was a huge bummer and downer. And Dakota leaving killed the season.

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

The consecutive Sminty, Baby, Le Fil and Dakota eliminations suuuuucked

Ugh to this.

Not big Sminty fan but her look was one of the best of the week when she got eliminated.