• Andrea Thomas - Cry
  2. 2. Casi vs Felicia

• Casi Joy - My Church
    • Felicia Temple - My Heart Will Go On
  3. 3. Ashley vs Lilli

• Ashley Levin - Fancy
    • Lilli Passero - Tears Dry On Their Own

Lauren Duski - Absolutely.

Casi Joy > Felicia Temple - voted for Casi but Felicia's really about equal there. Just a more questionable song choice that can't help but be compared to the original.

Lilli Passero - A forgotten performance that deserves to get noticed more. Shocked this is the only version of the song we've gotten on the US version!

1. Andrea was actually pretty good. But that high note took me out of it lmfao. For that I'll give it to Lauren.

2. Closest KO pairing here. I was slightly underwhelmed by Felicia's version, I'll go with Casi. I think she added more flavourful to her cover.

3. Lili. Not a fancy vocal by Ashley to say the least. Had more issues despite singing the easier song.

Lauren vs Andrea

Not being shady, I literally can't remember Andrea at all lol. She was... fine I guess but the upper part of her range didn't sound so nice. Then she did the high note which didn't really fit and was unnecessary for that song. Lauren did the more pleasant and genuine performance imo.

Casi vs Felicia

I feel like they kinda both chose songs too big for them. From what I've seen, My Church is deceptively difficult to pull off live and while Casi had the confidence and did some cool stuff with it, it just wasn't all the way there for me. Felicia's was nothing extraordinary either but I'd probably pick her.

Lilli vs Ashley

Now what was Alicia doing here? One of her most mystifying decisions as a coach (maybe along with choosing Christiana over Terrence and Kelsea). I think she just wanted to work with a country singer which is fair but Ashley's performance wasn't good.

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Lilli Passero - A forgotten performance that deserves to get noticed more. Shocked this is the only version of the song we've gotten on the US version!

Jeffery Austin did it S9 albeit as a finale bring back performance.

i remember being obsessed w/ andrea's cry for a while.. she's an incredible singer (battle's proof, and her better moments in the knockout are too). the part before the whistle note was rushed but i was FLOORED. 

lauren's performance of course though, was incredible. it's hard to imagine not giving the win to her but it was a loss for andrea to not go to the lives imo. anyway i need to listen to the performances again to vote but i feel fairly confident on felicia / lilli, and probably picking lauren. 

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think you guys oughta make polls regarding closer matchups. So far the ones I've seen are very lopsided, with good reason.

I was going to include Troy vs Stephanie too but I thought it would be lopsided too

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I think you guys oughta make polls regarding closer matchups. So far the ones I've seen are very lopsided, with good reason.

Honestly, I feel like the earlier sing digit seasons have less close matches. The best KOs of those seasons are usually paired with someone they clearly beat.

And the picks for my polls lately for the most part I've genuinely thought they were gonna be close but it's been a mixed bag.

Edited by Hsamid