4 Chair turns that were eliminated abruptly

JodiRose

Mendeleyev in Season 17. He lost to a teen 4-chair artist in the battles.

Another one is Aaron Hines in Season 21. He lost to another 4-chair artist in the battles, though he was selected by Kelly for the artist comeback (however, he lost the spot to the one and only Vaughn Mugol).

Another one is my favorite artist Avery Roberson from Season 20. I LOVED his blind audition and thought he had gone through to the Live Shows that season, but I found out he was stolen in the battles and was therefore eliminated to another 4-chair artist in the Knockouts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quinton said:

Carson Peters was also a contender that got knocked out before lives

That’s right.

Another one I can think of is BrittanyBree, also from Season 21. She, at first, was said to be Kelly’s steal in the Knockouts and still had made it to the Live Shows. Unfortunately, the TV showed that Katie Rae was actually Kelly’s knockout steal, and therefore, BrittanyBree was eliminated in the Knockouts to a 3-chair artist.

Maiya Sykes (yes, I’m still not over it)

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Valerie Ponzo. Her battle partner, Enid was a 1 chair turner.

I know this got montaged, but I really question how this happened. Valerie’s BA was amazing. Then considering how badly Enid did in KOs…

I’m not saying it’s inconceivable Enid beat her fair and square. But I would’ve liked to see it for myself.

Just now, nytsch said:

Maiya Sykes (yes, I’m still not over it)

I know this got montaged, but I really question how this happened. Valerie’s BA was amazing. Then considering how badly Enid did in KOs…

I’m not saying it’s inconceivable Enid beat her fair and square. But I would’ve liked to see it for myself.

the battle got uploaded fully to youtube! as did all montaged battles in season 12. highly recommend you check them out, there are some good ones.

A couple more I can think of:

Lyndsey Elm and Krista Hughes in Season 9.

Krista lost her battle to another 4-chair artist who ended up eliminated in the next round himself, and Lyndsey lost her battle to a 14 (turning 15)-year-old 2-chair artist who made it to the Top 9 that season.

Edited by JodiRose