Biggest IDF meltdowns

allistr

What was IDF reaction on CWB's win??? (Asking from those who present here at that time.

I'm sure Chris' win over Lauren caused meltdowns, but he also had a decent fan base (One of the Polls I saw using archive[Maybe it was Pre-SF => 1. Lauren (22 votes), 2. Hunter (17), 3. Chris (12))

I sure wish I'd been here during Craig Wayne Boyd's win. That was the first season I was a suuuuuper dedicated viewer.

As for tonight, I'm definitely one of those who came mentally prepared. I was legit shocked Brayden made it through based on his weak performance of "In Case You Didn't Know." I didn't know his well-placed smiles and head nods would win people over, but in case I didn't know, America's vote proved it for me.

And for other meltdowns - I remember IDF getting VERY dramatic around DeAndre's elimination and RobeGate. (That was the first season I was here!)

28 minutes ago, Bouli said:

I sure wish I'd been here during Craig Wayne Boyd's win. That was the first season I was a suuuuuper dedicated viewer.

As for tonight, I'm definitely one of those who came mentally prepared. I was legit shocked Brayden made it through based on his weak performance of "In Case You Didn't Know." I didn't know his well-placed smiles and head nods would win people over, but in case I didn't know, America's vote proved it for me.

And for other meltdowns - I remember IDF getting VERY dramatic around DeAndre's elimination and RobeGate. (That was the first season I was here!)

Ugh. robegate was so iconic. I mean, I hated every second of it, but there's a small part of me that wants something as insane and exciting as Robegate to happen again.

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

Ugh. robegate was so iconic. I mean, I hated every second of it, but there's a small part of me that wants something as insane and exciting as Robegate to happen again.

Kique passed up on the chance. He would have been singing duet with Parijita in the Top 8.

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

About tonight...

This is pretty tame, honestly, particularly because Brayden was already sus.

We've had way worse. Chris Kroeze getting PV, the entirety of S16's lives except the finale, Jordan Matthew Young winning the Instant Save, etc.

Was this that bad though? I mean I'm sure many people chose him because of Blake, but I did think he was one of the better IS performances. Granted I would've taken Pia, Dana, or Gihanna instead based on their past work. But at least the first 2 messed up on song choice.

Chris Kroeze getting PV is bad but not worse than Brayden imo.

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You have been here for so long. Can you tell how IDF reacted when CWB won?

I was happy of course,  while many on the forum were in huge meltdown. The live thread was messy. CWB was my #1 favorite since audition.

Heck there was a meltdown when Danielle won over Michelle even though she's been the frontrunner since "Memphis" and the iTunes bonuses would have shown everyone who's winning S4. But the big meltdown in S4 was when Holly Tucker got the votes over Judith and Sarah (BTW, they were all 4-chairs). IDF was really bashing her when she was a great vocalist. Tough to like contestants that this forum seems to dislike, they get bashed a lot. :(

The next week, T6 semis, there was another meltdown when The Swon Brothers got the PV to the finale. That was a fun season -- meltdowns every week since T8.

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Was this that bad though? I mean I'm sure many people chose him because of Blake, but I did think he was one of the better IS performances. Granted I would've taken Pia, Dana, or Gihanna instead based on their past work. But at least the first 2 messed up on song choice.

I actually supported him. Was happy he won, but a good portion of IDF wasn´t and things got bad.

It's also surprising to me that Craig Wayne Boyd's win would be so outrageous. It was surprising and I would've preferred a different winner, but I thought he was good. I Walk the Line is a performance that I will still watch.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic but I feel like tonight was the worst result ever on this show lol. Other than maybe Kennedy Holmes finishing 4th?

2 minutes ago, season1 said:

I was happy of course,  while many on the forum were in huge meltdown. The live thread was messy. CWB was my #1 favorite since audition.

Heck there was a meltdown when Danielle won over Michelle even though she's been the frontrunner since "Memphis" and the iTunes bonuses would have shown everyone who's winning S4. But the big meltdown in S4 was when Holly Tucker got the votes over Judith and Sarah (BTW, they were all 4-chairs). IDF was really bashing her when she was a great vocalist. Tough to like contestants that this forum seems to dislike, they get bashed a lot. :(

The next week, T6 semis, there was another meltdown when The Swon Brothers got the PV to the finale. That was a fun season -- meltdowns every week since T8.

You've been on IDF for all the seasons, which meltdown would you call the biggest one?

Just now, nytsch said:

It's also surprising to me that Craig Wayne Boyd's win would be so outrageous. It was surprising and I would've preferred a different winner, but I thought he was good. I Walk the Line is a performance that I will still watch.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic but I feel like tonight was the worst result ever on this show lol. Other than maybe Kennedy Holmes finishing 4th?

I love Craig so much. Maybe the outrage is coz Matt was IDF's fav that season, and majority of the people here thought that he'd win.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, season1 said:

Danielle and Craig are among my favorite Voice contestants, and you're right about that bolded statement. I laughed when I read the "fun season -- meltdowns every week since T8" comment.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You've been on IDF for all the seasons, which meltdown would you call the biggest one?

Not all the seasons, I started watching in Season 3 (my favorites were Cass and Terry).

Hard to rank the degrees of meltdowns on IDF but I would say in the Top 5 would be S3 T6, S4 T8, S6 semis (first time they used IS to the finale), S7 Finale, S15 T10. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, season1 said:

Not all the seasons, I started watching in Season 3 (my favorites were Cass and Terry).

Hard to rank the degrees of meltdowns on IDF but I would say in the Top 5 would be S3 T6, S4 T8, S6 semis (first time they used IS to the finale), S7 Finale, S15 T10. 

So, this means Chris B winning didn't cause that big of a meltdown. 

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

I've watched every season, and that result might be my biggest disappointment. Chris is talented, but I was rooting for (and voting for) Lauren.

15 minutes ago, RTV said:

Danielle and Craig are among my favorite Voice contestants, and you're right about that bolded statement. I laughed when I read the "fun season -- meltdowns every week since T8" comment.

I was on the west coast that time, so I read the live threads because our telecast was delayed. And my husband saw me laughing while reading and asked if I'm sowing hate and discontent on the forums again. :haha: I had a choice - be upset about the way my favorites are bashed here or laugh when they advance and a mini meltdown happens. 

Edited by season1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Not really a meltdown, more like many were not happy but not overly upset. They recognized Chris Blue's talent and Alicia was well-loved as a coach. If somehow Aliyah won that season, that would have caused a big meltdown.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, season1 said:

I was on the west coast that time, so I read the live threads because our telecast was delayed. And my husband saw me laughing while reading and asked if I'm sowing hate and discontent on the forums again. :haha: I had a choice - be upset about the way my favorites are bashed here or laugh when they advance and a mini meltdown happens. 

When I first joined IDF, I used to get very angry whenever someone said anything bad about my fav, now I just laugh. :haha:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

When I first joined IDF, I used to get very angry whenever someone said anything bad about my fav, now I just laugh. :haha:

I don't get angry, but it makes me sad. I haven't gotten to the point of being able to laugh about it.