SYTYCD Superlatives (Best All Star Duet - Round 2)

FrogLenzen

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I very much distinctly remember lurking on this site during Season 4 and seeing people absolutely convinced that Season 4 was such a disaster let-down compared to Season 3. 

I mean 3 was phenomenal too but I also really loved 4 because I had some faves from that season 

for me my fave US seasons are def 3 and 4, and 2 somewhat just bc of Ivan :wub:

internationally though I would say CA1 and AU1-2 slayed hardcore. Not all seasons had my top favorites but overall these were my fave seasons with the routines and choreographers

As for the UK, the only good thing to come from that was Bethany Rose Harrison

Edited by JC

5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I very much distinctly remember lurking on this site during Season 4 and seeing people absolutely convinced that Season 4 was such a disaster let-down compared to Season 3. 

Me, at the US10 finale: wow I hate this season it’s the worst

Me a year later during US11: Who Was I, why did I say this, I was blessed and didn’t know it

Season 4 will always be special to me because it’s the first season I watched as it was airing. ❤️

It’s also when I first joined IDF and I vividly remember that Marksie and Gevney were the bigger favorites and Katua wasn’t as well-liked. :haha: It took years for Katua to be as loved/appreciated on here as Marksie & Gevney are.

8 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Season 4 will always be special to me because it’s the first season I watched as it was airing. ❤️

It’s also when I first joined IDF and I vividly remember that Marksie and Gevney were the bigger favorites and Katua wasn’t as well-liked. :haha: It took years for Katua to be as loved/appreciated on here as Marksie & Gevney are.

Omgosh it was also my first season live! Lol I still don’t connect with them except Hometown Glory but mostly because of Katee. I liked Katee once she separated from Joshua but literally anyone in the top 6 would have been a much better winner than him ugh

this is back when Nigel rewarded toxic masculinity and now he gets his repercussions having such a horrific winner as part of his legacy

Edited by JC

42 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

i wasn't even here that season and i still stand by this.

5. Lacey & Danny

sytycd couples

8.72 / 20

@taylorkat - 2/20

@JC - 5/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@Erestor - 7/20

@Zoey - 7/20

@totes4totes - 8/20

@*Amanda - 9/20

@*Diana - 11/20

@.Rei - 12/20

@kritaaay - 14/20

@FrogLenzen - 16/20

US Season 3

Samba:  "Hip Hip Chin Chin" by Dmitry Chaplin 

Viennese Waltz:  "Keep Holding On" by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau

JC - 5/20

DANCEY! Finally a couple worthy of being on the list. Not sure they would make my Top 20, but love them! Hip Hip Chin Chin is a treasure.

Megan - 8/20

Look sometimes you only do two dances together and you get to be at #8 because one of them was "Hip Hip Chin Chin" and I am breaking my own reasoning of why I put KiKo lower but at the same time Danny and Lacey are both series and franchise defining dancers. So here they go! Also this list is based on FEELINGS not LOGIC. And my feelings are that DANCEY is a Top 10 couple on this show.

Kriti - 14/20

They had two really good routines and Danny kept up very well with Lacey (RIP) but I somehow cannot think of them as an iconic couple, I’m not sure I found their partnership all that iconic.

Derek - 16/20

If you're only going to dance one routine together before the finale, it had better be the best routine of the season, and the best routine from each of the individual contestants. Otherwise, why are you here? Thankfully, Dancey is forever iconic. This partnership is what galvanized Danny and led him to the finale. This partnership proved that Lacey was That Bitch. I couldn't rank them higher than this because of how brief their pairing was, but at least this time I understand why they are here. Also, their finale routine is phenomenal. Can you imagine if there were more Dancey routines? Can you imagine if Dancey was paired from the start? It wouldn't even be fair.

4. Chelsie & Mark

sytycd couples

8.63 / 20

Amanda - 1/20

JC - 1/20

Chris - 3/20

Gigi - 4/20

Diana - 5/20

Rei - 8/20

Patryk - 9/20

Derek - 13/20

Megan - 17/20

Zoey - 17/20

Kriti - 17/20

US Season 4

Contemporary:  "Beautiful" by Mia Michaels

Argentine Tango:  "Mi Confesión" by Alex Da Silva

Lyrical hip-hop:  "Bleeding Love" by Tabitha and Napoleon D'umo

Jazz:  "Kiss Kiss" by Mandy Moore

Foxtrot:  "It's My Life" by Edward Simon

Salsa:  "Fuego" by Alex Da Silva

Broadway:  "I'm a Woman" by Tyce Diorio

JC - 1/20

MARKSIE! They should clearly win, but will not I am sure because they will get tanked, but I am still going to give them the #1 ranking because they deserve it and this Top 20 is a shitshow so I do not even care about strategically ranking because I'm sure the other rankers will make horrendous decisions anyway and I will hate these results :rofl: Marksie is my ALL TIME FAVE COUPLE! Only Penny & Charlie can compete and somehow they did not make it because too many of the other rankers are high, drunk, and/or need their heads examined. Anyways, bitter rant over and back to Marksie. They had perfect chemistry for so many gay guy blond girl bffs, and I also loved that Mark was like a decade older than Chelsie, it is hilar because they both vibed so well together. Bleeding Love, Beautiful, Mi Confesion, Kiss Kiss, Fuego, I'm A Woman, It's My Life, they literally slayed EVERYTHING together. Obsessed, they never had a bad routine and they always had chemistry and feel and they definitely deserve the Best Couple award! Will they get it? Probably not with this group as it is biased in other directions so it is what it is. KING MARK AND QUEEN CHELSIE ❤️ #marksie4evah

Derek - 13/20

ily JC, please post the YouTube links that you sent me in the thread so I don't have to! I liked this partnership a lot. I was always a Katua stan first and foremost, but this pairing was probably 2nd place for me. And by the time the show got to the Top 6 in Season 4, I desperately wanted Marksie to be in the finale with Katua. Those dreams did not come to fruition. And unfortunately, now the same contestant has once again kept Marksie out of the finale in our game as well. I am not surprised this couple made the Top 20 in our game and was a threat to win. Side note: me finding all the duets from each couple is reminding me that have 2 routines during Top 14 week was a huge mistake and abusive to the contestants. 

Megan - 17/20

I know that this is gonna be unpopular and I'm gonna get comments say that I am tanking them. BUT I want it to be known that we can revive old IDF and my comments on them are consistent. They are OVERRATED. And their real detriment is that when split up, they were both in better partnerships that really showed each of their true potential. Courtney/Mark? Iconic. Chelsie/Gev? Iconic. Those routines are better than anything Mark/Chelsie EVER did.

Kriti - 17/20

Never been a huge fan but as I always say about Chelsie and Mark, they definitely brought something to SYTYCD that I objectively appreciate even if it wasn’t really for me. Still not here for Bleeding Love, though.

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Superlatives (Best Couple Results: 4-5)

But yes. Marksie is still my #1 ever. :wub: As I said, season 4 was my first season. That season, and Marksie in particular, is what made me love the show. They were fantastic together - they had great chemistry and delivered several fantastic routines. I know everyone always focuses on Beautiful and Bleeding Love, but routines such as Mi Confession and Fuego were other standouts for them. While other couples may be objectively better, Marksie will always be an incredibly special partnership for me. :wub: 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

But yes. Marksie is still my #1 ever. :wub: As I said, season 4 was my first season. That season, and Marksie in particular, is what made me love the show. They were fantastic together - they had great chemistry and delivered several fantastic routines. I know everyone always focuses on Beautiful and Bleeding Love, but routines such as Mi Confession and Fuego were other standouts for them. While other couples may be objectively better, Marksie will always be an incredibly special partnership for me. :wub: 

I second all of these :wub:

my first season and my original favorites :wub:

:/ seriously the two couples remaining that I thought were deserving winners are now eliminated. Hates.

Well I hope my #20 wins now because at least that would be memorable :giggle:I am guessing Gevney wins and although I like them I did not think they should win.

It would also be hilarz if my #20 ranking was the thing that kept this couple from winning so I'll take that as well!

Edited by JC