Compilation of the 42 Dancers in the Choreo Round (SPOILER: and the results)

Season 17 of SYTYCD had only three audition episodes. At the end of the third episode, they revealed that only 42 dancers got a callback. They are calling it the Choreography Round. In the audition episodes, they showed on the screen 27 different dancers who made the Choreography Round. And by that I mean they showed the dancer's name on the screen with a clear shot of their faces. There may be more that were showed in the background that they did not yet acknowledge.

EPISODE 1

KWvhFEE.pngjssgTfp.png

Konnor Kelly

Contemporary Dancer

Shown in a featured segment

uIKKBOM.pnglDuERGi.png

Samuel "Hooliboy" Kyei

Afro Dancer

2PLK3df.pngnqHaIHT.jpg

Blake Rhodes

Tap Dancer

Shown in a montage segment

W4ggL0S.pnggimHVv4.png

Jordan Betscher

Jazz Dancer

BmS5yYa.pngINEkCYa.png

Jerome Cunanan

Hip Hop Dancer

tWYuBV4.pngoqTEPga.png

Rachel Lockhart

Contemporary Dancer

SnMtrOR.pngYdC6pva.png

Anna Miller

Contemporary Dancer

muYd02d.jpgk0ZV6iP.jpg

Dakota Pizzi

Ballroom Dancer

Her partner, Misha, also auditioned and did not get a callback

rbqHceN.pngF57So0j.png

Maci Montes

Contemporary Dancer

EPISODE 2

dNZmOHP.pngVgBm89S.png

James "Lord Finn" Thomas

Hip Hop Dancer

YucVtSg.pngB3oVlQY.png

Brianna Grey

Hip Hop Dancer

aLl5wSh.png7Zg5jjk.png

Jordin Suwalski

Contemporary Dancer

l4ndTim.pngmyBQgSj.jpg

Shafar Delgado

Hip Hop Dancer

kEz8dI3.pngq4yThly.jpg

Carter Williams

Ballroom Dancer

His partner, Rylee Arnold (Lindsay Arnold's sister and a pro from DWTS Junior) was too young to audition

RRBv4fS.png0ZVFLtK.jpg

Keaton Kermode

Contemporary Dancer

a4bUssw.pngkqDMoCG.jpg

Alexis Warr

Ballroom Dancer

She was also on the most recent DWTS Tour

Her partner was Ezra Sosa (from SYTYCD Season 15 and the latest DWTS Troupe)

i4cFyXZ.pngplTmF2L.png

Beau Harmon

Musical Theater Dancer

mhyPz9g.pngxohXi30.jpg

Zyiasia Knighton

Contemporary Dancer

EPISODE 3

kNUTXie.pngeoEOVNu.png

Thiago Pacheco

Contemporary Dancer

Shown in the opening segment

f6fFsSK.pngpMQGF1G.jpg

Essence Wilmington

Hip Hop Dancer

7OqiTum.pngTYOg0wJ.png

Camila Schwarz

Ballroom Dancer

7egkaib.pngRCuAcyD.jpg

Armando "Decoy" Muñoz

Hip Hop Dancer

749Wi0j.png19icLnS.jpg

Ralyn Johnson

Contemporary Dancer

6XXMkNb.pnguH4I6Wh.png

Virginia Crouse

Contemporary Dancer

xeeRMQz.png62ecvS2.png

Mia Mellican

Contemporary Dancer

kbAsB5P.pngywyP9MM.png

Flora Dickens

Contemporary Dancer

GeLfhKt.pngm9T4TId.jpg

Waverly Fredericks

Contemporary Dancer

So that means here are the 27 dancers we were told about by the show:

12 Boys

Konnor (featured episode 1)

Hooliboy (featured episode 1)

Lord Finn (featured episode 2)

Keaton (featured episode 2)

Beau (featured episode 2)

Decoy (featured episode 3)

Waverly (featured episode 3)

Thiago (opening episode 3)

Blake (montaged episode 1)

Jerome (montaged episode 1)

Shafar (montaged episode 2)

Carter  (montaged episode 2)

15 Girls

Anna (featured episode 1)

Dakota (featured episode 1)

Maci (featured episode 1)

Brianna (featured episode 2)

Alexis (featured episode 2)

Zyiasia (featured episode 2)

Essence (featured episode 3)

Camila (featured episode 3)

Ralyn (featured episode 3)

Jordan (montaged episode 1)

Rachel (montaged episode 1)

Jordin (montaged episode 2)

Mia (montaged episode 3)

Virginia (montaged episode 3)

Flora (montaged episode 3)

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1

They also showed a preview for Episode 4, the Choreography Round episode. You can see some glimpses of some of the other 15 dancers who got a callback that weren't acknowledged yet

wbKa3Af.pngwnesEdo.jpg0lhrvKO.pngwt2MeCY.pnglxqixum.jpglmacA1A.pngL1lhT5M.pngUPUXRg3.png

Or maybe they were, it's hard to identify people from this lol. But I do recognize two dancers:

• Tristan Sosa is there. He's the third ballroom sibling to Stephanie and Ezra. I think he's older than the other two. He has auditioned for SYTYCD before.
  • Sage Rosen is also there. He auditioned as a kid for SYTYCD Season 13, and he was one of the pros for DWTS Junior. He was Kenzie Ziegler's partner.

I guess I need to start checking Instagram likes and follows to see if I can find any of these other people. If you recognize anyone, please post!

• Like 1

Konnor Kelly is the only one that is a “JC-type” dancer but I’m too old to like twinks now, why isn’t there an older man hot guy?? Hopefully he just was not shown and will be a dark horse and surprise us all!

• FrogLenzen changed the title to Compilation of the 42 Dancers in the Choreo Round (SPOILER: and the results)

Here are the 42 dancers who made the Choreography Round this year. 23 girls and 19 boys.

z0cIYAi.pngUsZDPCA.pngOvMZhfL.pngE4sIw8S.png2PhEC1L.pngOZITVo4.pngRiY5uyQ.pngZf9Pxyn.pngyfiqE7V.pngrLQnUqp.pngyPAZrdQ.png4hmvGwr.pngZRRnmVS.pngyP8LkdW.pngpi224Rg.pngRBZ9kY8.pnguYhFxrc.pngdq05TMh.pngc8ZihjT.pngCzz9Zsj.pngbT6x5hD.pngKj3hKUn.png3gEbV5c.png

Alexis Warr - Ballroom
Anna Miller - Contemporary
Brianna Grey - Hip Hop
Brooke Watts - Jazz
Camila Schwarz - Ballroom

Dakota Pizzi - Ballroom
Essence Wilmington - Hip Hop
Flora Dickens - Contemporary
Jaliyah “Juicy” Kersten
Jocelyn Martinez - unknown style
Jojo Lokhorst - Jazz
Jordan Betscher - Jazz
Jordin Suwalski - Contemporary
Maci Montes - Contemporary
Madina Beisekeyeva- Voguing
Madison Moser - Contemporary
Mia Mellican - Contemporary
Rachel Lockhart - Contemporary
Ralyn Johnson - Contemporary
Sara Ito - Hip Hop
Virginia Crouse - Contemporary

Zyiasia Knighton - Contemporary

[Unknown Girl] - unknown style

xHuqAZi.pngr0H4X4W.pngv5LWDbg.pnghm6VF3z.pngFQEyk87.pngguBkUa0.pngZ6Jfdej.pngqcK0lYS.png0bBWeFX.pngHiLnH24.pngdQiPDh1.pngjePGdbw.png1bgL1fJ.png9uxaETC.pnggC5aHoG.pngc9REs8E.pngnbIWs7S.pngZlgjT1R.pngWpHKHtA.png

Andrew Park - Contemporary
Armando "Decoy" Muñoz - Hip Hop
Beau Harmon - Musical Theater
Blake Rhodes - Tap
Carter Williams - Ballroom
James "Lord Finn" Thomas - Hip Hop
Jerome Cunanan - Hip Hop
Keaton Kermode - Contemporary
Konnor Kelly - Contemporary
Matthew Deloch - Contemporary
Ryan [unknown last name] - unknown style
Sage Rosen - Ballroom
Samuel "Hooliboy" Kyei - Afro Dance
Samuel McWilliams - Contemporary
Shafar Delgado - Hip Hop
Thiago Pacheco - Contemporary
Tristen Sosa - Ballroom
Waverly Fredericks - Contemporary
[Unknown Boy] - unknown style

• Like 1

These 10 dancers were cut in the first round:

r0H4X4W.pnghm6VF3z.pngE4sIw8S.pngOZITVo4.pngyP8LkdW.pngRBZ9kY8.pngdq05TMh.pngKj3hKUn.pngWpHKHtA.png3gEbV5c.png

Armando "Decoy" Muñoz - Hip Hop
Blake Rhodes - Tap

Brooke Watts - Jazz
Dakota Pizzi - Ballroom
Maci Montes - Contemporary
Madison Moser - Contemporary
Rachel Lockhart - Contemporary

Zyiasia Knighton - Contemporary

[Unknown Boy] - unknown style

[Unknown Girl] - unknown style

And these 8 dancers were cut in the second round:

xHuqAZi.pngOvMZhfL.pngZRRnmVS.pngpi224Rg.pngdQiPDh1.pngjePGdbw.png1bgL1fJ.pngCzz9Zsj.png

Andrew Park - Contemporary
Brianna Grey - Hip Hop

Jordin Suwalski - Contemporary

Madina Beisekeyeva- Voguing

Ryan [unknown last name] - unknown style
Sage Rosen - Ballroom
Samuel "Hooliboy" Kyei - Afro Dance

Sara Ito - Hip Hop

Which means the Top 24 has 12 girls and 12 boys, listed below:

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

z0cIYAi.pngUsZDPCA.png2PhEC1L.pngRiY5uyQ.pngZf9Pxyn.pngyfiqE7V.pngrLQnUqp.pngyPAZrdQ.png4hmvGwr.pnguYhFxrc.pngc8ZihjT.pngbT6x5hD.png

Alexis Warr - Ballroom
Anna Miller - Contemporary
Camila Schwarz - Ballroom

Essence Wilmington - Hip Hop
Flora Dickens - Contemporary
Jaliyah “Juicy” Kersten
Jocelyn Martinez - unknown style
Jojo Lokhorst - Jazz
Jordan Betscher - Jazz
Mia Mellican - Contemporary
Ralyn Johnson - Contemporary
Virginia Crouse - Contemporary

v5LWDbg.pngFQEyk87.pngguBkUa0.pngZ6Jfdej.pngqcK0lYS.png0bBWeFX.pngHiLnH24.png9uxaETC.pnggC5aHoG.pngc9REs8E.pngnbIWs7S.pngZlgjT1R.png

Beau Harmon - Musical Theater
Carter Williams - Ballroom
James "Lord Finn" Thomas - Hip Hop
Jerome Cunanan - Hip Hop
Keaton Kermode - Contemporary
Konnor Kelly - Contemporary
Matthew Deloch - Contemporary
Samuel McWilliams - Contemporary
Shafar Delgado - Hip Hop
Thiago Pacheco - Contemporary
Tristen Sosa - Ballroom
Waverly Fredericks - Contemporary

Here's my list of the girls and boys in the order from "most confident they will make the Top 12" to "least confident they will make the Top 12"

1. Essence - She was heavily featured and is the only hip hop girl

2. Alexis - She knows Ezra very well (Ezra and JoJo are BFFs from the DWTS tour, check instagram), she was on the DWTS tour

3. Camila - with DWTS, Derek Hough Tours/Vegas, Chmerkovskiy tours... ballroom remains a very successful genre to go into and I predict that they will try to invest in the SYTYCD ballroom people this year

4. Anna

5. Jordan - rooting for her because I love good Jazz dancers and they have been starting to show her more

6. Mia - something about the way they have been showing her makes me think she'll get in

7. Jojo - rooting for her

8. Ralyn

9. Virginia

10. Juicy - a lot of contemporary dancers to choose from and she looks similar to Essence

11. Flora - they haven't spent much time featuring her and there are a lot of contemporary dancers

12. Jocelyn - she is the only dancer in the Top 24 to not have her name put on the screen in an episode. They said her name but I had to find her on Instagram to get the spelling and the last name

1. Keaton - I would be shocked if he didn't make it

2. Shafar - I think he's their best hip hop boy and they have to have at least 1

3. Tristen - they haven't shown him much, but he is Ezra's brother and Ezra and JoJo are bffs. Plus ballroom

4. Thiago - rooting for him

5. Samuel - see Mia above. Something about how he's been featured makes me think he makes it

6. Konnor Kelly - he was the first audition shown, so he's probably a lock but the preview says they are only taking him or Waverly

7. Waverly - normally I'd have him higher but the preview has him up against Konnor and they already reprimanded him in the first round

8. Carter - like I said with the girls, I expect them to invest in ballroom, but the contemporary boys are so strong

9. Lord Finn - they have been beating us over the head with Brianna so maybe that's because her boyfriend makes it

10. Matthew - a repeat auditioner. those tend to not do well. but there are new judges, so idk

11. Jerome - a breakdancer, but they haven't shown him hardly at all

12. Beau - I don't foresee this but you never know

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

2. Alexis - She knows Ezra very well (Ezra and JoJo are BFFs from the DWTS tour, check instagram), she was on the DWTS tour

3. Camila - with DWTS, Derek Hough Tours/Vegas, Chmerkovskiy tours... ballroom remains a very successful genre to go into and I predict that they will try to invest in the SYTYCD ballroom people this year

4. Anna

these 4 are definitely a lock and I would be very surprised if they don't make it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I think both Konnor and Waverly are making it, they just trying to mess with the audience

Definitely a possibility.

With half of the dancers being cut, if I was one of the other guys and I saw two guys make the Top 6 right off the bat, I'd be like

👁️👄👁️

Also when JoJo "picked" the winner for the season, I'm pretty sure she was just faking and pointed to a dancer they already decided to cut. The photos on the table are split into 12 and 12, and Twitch points at one side and says "the winner is in this 12 right here" and then JoJo "picks" her winner but it is from the other half and the other judges just say "ooo..."

36 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Here's my list of the girls and boys in the order from "most confident they will make the Top 12" to "least confident they will make the Top 12"

4. Anna

5. Jordan - rooting for her because I love good Jazz dancers and they have been starting to show her more

6. Mia - something about the way they have been showing her makes me think she'll get in

8. Ralyn

9. Virginia

10. Juicy - a lot of contemporary dancers to choose from and she looks similar to Essence

11. Flora - they haven't spent much time featuring her and there are a lot of contemporary dancers

12. Jocelyn - she is the only dancer in the Top 24 to not have her name put on the screen in an episode. They said her name but I had to find her on Instagram to get the spelling and the last name

2. Shafar - I think he's their best hip hop boy and they have to have at least 1

3. Tristen - they haven't shown him much, but he is Ezra's brother and Ezra and JoJo are bffs. Plus ballroom

5. Samuel - see Mia above. Something about how he's been featured makes me think he makes it

6. Konnor Kelly - he was the first audition shown, so he's probably a lock but the preview says they are only taking him or Waverly

7. Waverly - normally I'd have him higher but the preview has him up against Konnor and they already reprimanded him in the first round

8. Carter - like I said with the girls, I expect them to invest in ballroom, but the contemporary boys are so strong

9. Lord Finn - they have been beating us over the head with Brianna so maybe that's because her boyfriend makes it

10. Matthew - a repeat auditioner. those tend to not do well. but there are new judges, so idk

Thanks again for all the time and effort to compile this information for us!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Also when JoJo "picked" the winner for the season, I'm pretty sure she was just faking and pointed to a dancer they already decided to cut. The photos on the table are split into 12 and 12, and Twitch points at one side and says "the winner is in this 12 right here" and then JoJo "picks" her winner but it is from the other half and the other judges just say "ooo..."

Actually, scratch that. The whole scene was just fluff. The dancer cards on the table never change position from when they're like "okay let's start" to when they say "okay this is it!"

7 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

4. Anna

8. Ralyn

9. Virginia

I would like to have JoJo the dancer in the Top 12, but I have Alexis and Camilla to root for so even if JoJo doesn't make it, I have enough girls to root for.

I don't really vote for guys as much as I do girls, but I do like Thiago.  I don't think that Beau is going to make it.  He's fun, but fun only gets so far on this show.

Alexis Warr Burton Background:

Alexis is from Highland, Utah. She started dancing at six years old. Alexis trained at award-winning Center Stage Performing Arts Studio in Orem, Utah. The dance school's alumni include Derek Hough, Julianne Hough, Lindsay Arnold, Witney Carson, Jenna Johnson, Brandon Armstrong, Ezra Sosa, Stephanie Sosa, Tristen Sosa, and Carter Williams.

https://ksltv.com/396323/utah-world-dance-contestants-ties-orem-dance-studio 

Alexis appeared on America's Got Talent season 9 in 2014 as dance captain of Center Stage Dance Troupe. Only Mel B voted to advance them. Center Stage returned to AGT season 10 in 2015. Their audition wasn't televised, and the group was eliminated in Judge Cuts.

Alexis competed on World of Dance season 2 in 2018 in the Junior Team division. She and Ezra were two of eight members of The Pulse. The Orem-based ballroom dance team was eliminated in the third round, but the competition opened doors for Alexis.
https://thisiswod.com/meet-the-pulse-from-nbc-world-of-dance-season-2
https://www.heraldextra.com/entertainment/2018/aug/22/time-runs-out-for-the-pulse-on-world-of-dance

In 2019, Alexis was one of the dancers featured in Derek Hough: Live! (fellow Utah native Derek's first solo tour). Charity Anderson (also from Utah), Daniella Karagach, Audrey Case, Chase Haley Bowden, Peyton Albrecht, and Jay Jay Dixonbey also joined the tour.

https://www.dancedishwithkb.com/post/alexis-warr-derek-hough-live-tour-interview
https://www.deseret.com/2019/5/22/20673935/these-two-utah-dancers-were-judged-by-derek-hough-on-world-of-dance-now-they-re-touring-with-him

Alexis appeared as a chorus performer / softball player in an episode of High School Musical: The Musical in 2021 and as herself in a 2021 episode of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm12293435

Alexis was Val Chmerkovskiy's dance partner on Maks & Val Live: Stripped Down Tour in 2021.

https://www.danceand.co/videos/making-of-msvd-ep-3-jj-alexis-final

https://www.tiktok.com/@alexis_warr/video/6992811019160571142

https://www.dance-enthusiast.com/features/impressions-reviews/view/Maks-and-Val-Live-Stripped-Down-Tour-at-NJPAC

Also in 2021, she appeared on DWTS in Derek's Tango of the Dead and in the Derek Hough: No Limit Las Vegas residency at The Venetian Resort.

Alexis was one of two swings for Dancing With the Stars Live! earlier this year. Daniella Karagach suffered a minor injury mid-show in February, and Alexis danced for her. When Daniella broke her left ankle during the March 16 show, Alexis took her place for the nine remaining dates until the tour's conclusion March 27.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/fans-sad-tour-withdraw

https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/daniella-karagach-injury-alexis-warr
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dancing-stars-daniella-karagach-leaves-224314695.html

This article about Ezra mentions Alexis and DWTS in a paragraph near the end.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/dancing-with-the-stars-pro-set-to-appear-on-sytycd-season-17

Alexis won So You Think You Can Dance season 17 on 08/10/22.

https://www.dancemagazine.com/alexis-warr-sytycd-winner

After winning SYTYCD, Alexis joined Dancing with the Stars season 31 as a new troupe member. Kateryna Klishyna and D'Angelo Castro were also hired to dance in the troupe and Ezra Sosa, who was part of last year's troupe, returned. 

Alexis posts on Facebook about her dancing experience and her life with Jake Burton. They've been married since November 2018. He is attending dental school at USC.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Dancer/Alexis-Warr-Burton-2231199903605767

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

My prediction for top 6 girls:

Alexis

Essence 

Camila

Anna

2 of Jojo, Mia or Ralyn 

Edit: Mia is advertising a gig for charity tonight and the live shows begin filming today so I think it's safe to assume she's out.

boys:

Thiago

Konnor

Waverly

Keaton

Tristen or Carter 

Edited by mgiuda

7 hours ago, mgiuda said:

My prediction for top 6 girls:

Alexis

Essence 

Camila

Anna

2 of Jojo, Mia or Ralyn 

Edit: Mia is advertising a gig for charity tonight and the live shows begin filming today so I think it's safe to assume she's out.

boys:

Thiago

Konnor

Waverly

Keaton

Tristen or Carter 

If Mia is out, then JoJo's chances of getting in are even better.  Possibly Ralyn's too, although FrogLenzen has Jordan higher than either one of them.

On 6/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, FrogLenzen said:

4. Anna

8. Ralyn

9. Virginia

My prediction based on judges comments, screen time, & gut feel:

1. Essence- Lock

2. Alexis- Lock

3. Camila- Lock

4. Anna - high probability

5. Ralyn- high probability

6. Jordan - medium probability

*Watching many reality competition shows through the yrs, several contestants each season can make the "Live shows" even w/ little to no screen time. With SYTYCD, Jeanie(s5) & Tiffany(s9) pop up in my head as ones that did the best. However, many others w/ minimal screen time weren't as lucky & got cut very early.

• Like 1