So You Think You Can Dance Season 17

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that there are only 3 audition episodes, but wow 42 seems like such a small pool of talent to choose from

Agreed with you on all of this.

I like that we had only so few audition episodes but yeah 42 is such a small starting number. I wonder why such a low number count? Not that many people were able to audition? Or not many people were aware auditions were happening?

And jeeez.... only one day for the dancers to convince the judges they deserve to be in the Top 12? This all seems like such a fast process. :dead: 

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Agreed with you on all of this.

I like that we had only so few audition episodes but yeah 42 is such a small starting number. I wonder why such a low number count? Not that many people were able to audition? Or not many people were aware auditions were happening?

And jeeez.... only one day for the dancers to convince the judges they deserve to be in the Top 12? This all seems like such a fast process. :dead: 

very fast woahnelly.gif

19 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Also shout-out to the new opening title sequence! I finally watched it closely and it features, in order:

Bailey & Comfort

Ezra & Koine

Lex

Koine & Taylor

Comfort

Lex

Bailey

Thanks for all of this. I was wondering who was all featured in it. I tried analyzing and figuring out who but then I got tired of it and didn't do so anymore. :lmao: 

Wow Comfort being there twice. 😮 Ooh wow Lex too. Although kind of a bummer that no other old school contestants besides Comfort are featured. :( 

I finally watched the first three episodes. I was afraid I wouldn't care that much since honestly the last few seasons were a little boring to me and I actually remember pretty much nothing from them (whenever they showed or mentioned a past contestant during the auditions I was so confused, like I remembered their names but absolutely nothing about their season or what they did lol). I feel like seasons 12 to now are just a blur to me so I was hoping the COVID hiatus would breed new life to the show.

So far I'm surprised. I really liked the 3 auditions episodes and I liked many dancers. I also feel we have more variety (of styles, ages, etc.) of dancers than in the last few seasons (at least from what I remember). Hopefully that diversity stays for the top 12 and we don't end up with a bunch of similar dancers. I'm not super thrilled about the judges so far but I'm happy we had some changes. And I'm really curious as to who will replace Matthew Morrison now.

I can't wait to see the rest of the season.

• Like 2

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

I don't know how they are going to narrow down to 6 guys this year. I can think of 6 contemporary guys that I want through right off the bat. This is going to be rough lol

I don't know either :unsure: