The Voice Australia Season 11

Teraginn

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Lachie Gill - If the World Was Ending (JP Saxe & Julia Michaels)

4 CHAIRS - Rita blocks Guy during pitch - Chooses Team Rita

Omg he was insane!! So much raw emotion up there. Definitely an early favorite. 🥰

56 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Faith Sosene - Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion)

4 CHAIRS - Chooses Jess - BATTLE PASS RECEIVED

She was a good vocalist, but we had a ton of those this episode. I missed the emotion from this one.

Love Love Love Faith!!! Favorite of the night.

My "team"

1. Lachie

2. Thando

3. Faith

HM: Asha

Episode Ranking

1. Faith

2. Lachie

3. Thando

4. Asha

5. Alley

6. Danny

I enjoyed everyone tonight though

Wonderful premiere 🙂

Just one complaint about Lachie's audition that isn't even his entire fault lol.

1. Faith Sosene (9) - A fantastic rendition of this song! Crystal clear and confident. She's definitely one to watch!

2. Thando Sikwila (9) - Always love a confident, powerful take on this classic. She nailed it! So happy to have her back 🙂

3. Danny Phegan (8.5) - Oooooh. "Cozy" is the best way I could describe his vocal performance here. Wonder what he'll sing next.

4. Ally Eley (8) - A really good flip of the song! Felt completely different with a different meaning. Nerves obviously affected her performance but I think it was overall lovely. Can't wait to see her a bit more composed.

5. Asha Newman (8) - Pretty voice! I hope her next performance(s) shows other parts of her voice because this cover felt a bit too linear for my taste.

6. Lachie Gill (7.5) - He's got a pretty decent voice. Would rather hear it on a different type of track, though. Also the obvious autotune at around 0:39 was really off-putting and a real awful moment. Do better, TVAu.

When ASHA said she was singing a Rita song, I immediatly thought how fun it would be if it was R.I.P, but I didn't even believed that it would be possible. When she said that was the song, I was soooo freaking happy, cause I love it so much. Now I'm totally imparcial about her and I loved it lol 

10 minutes ago, searomordep said:

When ASHA said she was singing a Rita song, I immediatly thought how fun it would be if it was R.I.P, but I didn't even believed that it would be possible. When she said that was the song, I was soooo freaking happy, cause I love it so much. Now I'm totally imparcial about her and I loved it lol 

Rita is a queen with her songs.

18 minutes ago, searomordep said:

Someone recognized the song Ethan Conwell will sing? They showed a little sneak peek of him by the end of the episode, but I'm not sure if I know that song. Anyway I'm really happy he got through cause he was one of my favorites the other season he was on

I think I found it, apparently is exile by Taylor Swift and Bon Iver. And he turned at least Guy, Jess and Rita

Thoughts on last night's episode:

It was decent, nothing mind-blowing, and the coaches pulling focus with their reactions is getting on my nerves. My favorites last night were Thando and Danny. Especially surprised with Danny's song choice, and how pleasant his voice and performance was. 

I agree with @Someone648, the egregious use of autotune in Lachie's performance really turned me off of him.  

Hoping it's all uphill from here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I agree with @Someone648, the egregious use of autotune in Lachie's performance really turned me off of him.  

And it's a shame, too. The rest of it was pretty good but that ruined the whole performance for me. There's no shortage of producers in Australia. Someone definitely could've had a ton of others fix that before they put it in. And even then, it didn't HAVE to be in the premiere.