The Voice Australia Season 11

Teraginn

2 minutes ago, searomordep said:

Isn't it 12 contestants each team? There's 65 contestants this season, so there's a lot of no chairs yet to come, like 17 total 

oh wait sorry my math is all f***d up skfnejofnjienvfjernvinerrvnervne I somehow thought there's 5 coaches instead of just 4 🤣

• Haha 1

Ranking episode 2 and 3 at once since I was barely able to watch them:

Nicola de Sensi (9.5) - This is it. This is the best one so far. I said it before this is my favorite female cover of the song and it stands. Great job.

Kaylee Bell (9) - Blake would turn. And keep her til at least the KO's. That's a high compliment. She's stronger than most of the TVUS country females from the past few seasons (and every single country female AI contestant in the past few years). 

Emily-Jane Conidi (8.5) - A strong opener! Not usually my thing (especially since I loathe this song) but I hope she gets good song choices and continues to prove herself.

Shaun Wessel (8) - I was expecting to like this one just a tad bit more than I ended up liking it, but it's still really strong. Whipping Post is such a great song but it's been done better before. This wasn't as memorable. Not sure it was worthy of the battle pass but definitely at least a chair turn.

Sam McGovern (8) - Love the song and his rendition is definitely acceptable. Need to hear him go big more. 

Jay Sierra (8) - I needed to give this a few listens to really enjoy it but I do like his tone. He's one that'll definitely benefit a lot from doing his own versions of the songs.

Dominic Clarke (7.5) - This felt weirdly inconsistent? I liked so many little bits and then the next segments sounded prepubescent and then back to great and then an iffy falsetto. Hopefully that's just nerves. He's not bad and has great potential.

Aleisha Gam (7.5) - Song choice, song choice. I don't feel like she brought anything new or particularly special to this song. Lovely voice, just plain. Would've worked better elsewhere.

Liam Conroy (7.5) - I wasn't really feeling this flip - it didn't quite land. That being said, I do think his voice is pretty interesting and I'd anticipate a higher score on another song.

Jordan Tavita (7) - I wanted to like this more because he seems like such a nice guy but it was such a basic cover, I really don't understand the 4 chairs.

Sunrise Michelle (7) - Sweet girl, but very inexperienced. The vulnerability adds a nice touch to her voice, but it's one that needs a lot of coaching and I don't know how she'll stack up against the adults in the room.

Vanessa Librea (6) - There's embracing Latina culture and then there's... however the hell she's talking about Latina culture (she's Aus/Filipino). Already a thumbs down for me. This was a sleepy performance and I hate to say it, Camila's was better. Like 2 of the 6 points I give her are for the aesthetics tbh :haha:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

What can I say, the waffle is strong this season. :haha:

90% sure this is the reason why I'm very meh on this season thus far. That, and the possibility of my preseason favorite being a no-chair or a Callbacks casuality at best. T___T

10 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

90% sure this is the reason why I'm very meh on this season thus far. That, and the possibility of my preseason favorite being a no-chair or a Callbacks casuality at best. T___T

May we be blessed with a surprise!

35 minutes ago, searomordep said:

Tuesday 26 April

EP5-compressed.thumb.jpg.30baf1c501dcf0c0e9086f9ec05cf936.jpg

Ethan Conway is the guy that apparently sang "exile", right?? Looking forward to his audition. I love when someone covers Taylor on these shows and nails it:w00tbounce: 

Also, that song deserves to be covered by someone that actually does justice:ph34rwave:. The only covers on The Voice franchise are a failed audition in The UK and a montaged battle in the USA (Good thing that was montaged because it was probably awful) 

Edited by Gustavo527

for those who want a site to watch the episodes entirely, there is this streaming site where there are several links per episode 🙂

this site also puts entire episodes for other series, this is where i watch the episodes for the voice USA

https://swatchseries.is/watch-tv/watch-the-voice-au-35705.8263120

Edited by French20
  • Like 4

On 4/23/2022 at 1:19 PM, searomordep said:

Monday 25 April

EP4-compressed.thumb.jpg.51d0adf4d695f1ccc74f31f774fcf9a2.jpg

You can add Connor Wink to this list, he finally announced that he'll be on tonight.

FALSE ALARM, he doesn't know when he is on yet, but at least he acknowledged the show.

Really hope he turned a chair, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Haha 1