American Idol Alumni Mentors

LoriIdol1

• 3 weeks later...

There are so many. Where do I begin? Let’s start with the obvious: Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Tori Kelly, and Jordan Sparks. Also, Clay Aiken, Phillip Phillips, Melinda Doolittle, Haley Reinhart, David Archuleta, Laine Hardy, Frenchie Davis, Alan Ritchson, Pia Toscano, Jessica Sanchez, Lauren Diagle, and Corey Clark.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

7 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

Apparently, Adam will not be one of the mentors this year. Someone from Adam's team said this & he wasn't asked by Idol. 

Meh. He's already mentored. Carrie has too. Get some new alumni!

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I know about Constantine, but who is Mickey Guyton?

She's basically a black country singer making waves in country music.

Why this person wants a non Idol to mentor. Yeah I know they had Tori Kelly and another artist on last year who had vague Idol ties, but Idol can't claim they "discovered" them and they surely can't claim them worthy to mentor!

Edited by KelseyW
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

She's basically a black country singer making waves in country music.

Why this person wants a non Idol to mentor. Yeah I know they had Tori Kelly and another artist on last year who had vague Idol ties, but Idol can't claim they "discovered" them and they surely can't claim them worthy to mentor!

She actually was on American Idol. She was on American Idol Season 7, but only made it to the final judgement round. The other artists that you are referring to are Lauren Diagle and Jimmie Allen.

https://americanidol.fandom.com/wiki/Mycale_Guyton

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

The famous country singer who is black and wrote a famous song that’s a single called Black Like Me. She was on American Idol, but only made it to the final judgement round.

Thanks for explaining who she is to me.  I'm not into country, so naturally I wouldn't have heard of her.