Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

#10-9. Scizor (Tie)

212.png212_f2.png

Avg: 8.44

@Solaris- 1

@hayden98 - 3

@NGM - 7

@.Rei - 8

@Steven_ - 8

@Crisis - 11

@goofycilla90 - 11

@1234567890 - 12

@FrogLenzen - 15

Sola

my favorite Gen 2 pokemon, and quite possibly my favorite bug type.  Its type combination is insane and has made my team many-times over the decades of pokemon gaming.

Rei

Scizor is a pretty badass Pokemon! Arguably the best Bug Pokemon ever.... even if I there are other bugs that I love more. I still like Scizor a ton and its place in this top 2015 it's well deserved. Scyther and Scizor are two such great designed Pokemon that is easily too understand why they're usually ranked in the best bugs Pokemon ever. A funny fact that I also didn't know is that Scyther and Scizor have the same base stats. So teoretically you could keep your Scyther the way it is and still have a useful Pokemon in your team. I also think that Scyther already looks like a fully evolved Pokemon so evolving into Scizor is kinda weird. I think that what they should have done is create a pre-evolution and have it evolve in both Scyther and Scizor (a la Hitmonlee/Hitmontop/Hitmonchan) But enough about Scyther. Scizor is very good Pokemon and I'm glad that it made the Top 20. The only negative thing that I will say about Scizor is that they really jumped the ship with its Mega Evolution because wth is that?

Derek

I never liked how Scyther evolved and it didn't improve the stats, just changed them. If you're going to do that, then have a baby form that splits into different evolutions, like Tyrogue. Baby Mantis that can become Scyther, Scizor, or Kleavor. I could get on board with that. Plus it makes no sense how cool scythe arms becomes weird lobster claws. And they aren't scissors, they are big fat claws. And it changes color. Throw the whole thing away

#10-9. Feraligatr (Tie)

160.png

Avg: 8.44

Nico - 3

Steven - 7

Rei - 7

Priscilla - 8

Sola - 9

Crisis - 10

Derek - 10

Victoria - 10

Hayden - 12

Rei

Unlike the Chikorita line, I absolutely love the Cyndaquil and Totodile's line. Both incredible starters line and even better than their Gen I counterparts. Totodile is hilarious and it just gets even better and better with each of their evolutions. Feraligatr is incredible and one of the best Water starters ever.

Sola

my usual Gen 2 starter, but I don’t love the Gen 2 starters in comparison to many generations.

Derek

it's fine. Not my favorite

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen II) (#10-09 Posted)

#8-7. Lugia (Tie)

249.png

Avg: 8.33

@Crisis - 1

@1234567890 - 5

@FrogLenzen - 6

@goofycilla90 - 6

@NGM - 8

@.Rei - 12

@Solaris- 12

@Steven_ - 12

@hayden98 - 13

Derek

Good design. Weird typing.

Sola

I like him but I think I prefer Ho-oh!

Rei

Lugia sit pretty solid at the middle of the legendaries. Not the most memorable but also not terrible. From this generation, I prefer Ho-Oh and Suicune but Lugia is solid enough

#8-7. Amparos (Tie)

181.png181_f2.png

Avg: 8.33

Steven - 2

Nico - 5

Sola - 7

Hayden - 7

Derek - 8

Rei - 10

Victoria - 11

Priscilla - 12

Crisis - 13

Sola

hairless sheep!  It was partly responsible for my first ever elite four clear in Gen 2, so I have fond memories

Derek

Shave a sheep and it becomes a creepy lizard!!! I like the Mega design

Rei

Ampharos is a cool Pokémon but not a top favorite of mine, and while I would prefer other electric Pokemon to be last one standing, I’m certainly not mad that it made it all the way to #7. Ampharos was originally released as part of the second generation of Pokémon during the Gold/Silver games. Ampharos is the final form of Mareep and its a pure electric Pokémon. It is a bipedal sheep that looks nothing like a sheep :haha: Ampharos is quite the strong Pokémon and it’s a very reliable Pokémon to have in your team with a total of 510 it BST.  It is only weak to Ground. It’s also resistant to Flying, Steel and Electric. Ampharos can mega evolve to Mega Ampharos where the points will rise to 610 and gain three more weaknesses but also three more resistances. But most important than that, Ampharos would obtain a pretty awesome haircut that would make everybody else jealous. Lol Mega Ampharos design is pretty cool and it’s one of those Mega that improves the Pokémon so much. Mega Ampharos is one of those Pokémon that I would like to hang out with, so I can just stand by its side while it’s rocking that awesome look.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen II) (#08-07 Posted)

#6. Togepi

175.png

Avg: 7.78

@1234567890 - 1

@goofycilla90 - 2

@FrogLenzen - 2

@hayden98 - 6

@Crisis - 8

@Steven_ - 11

@.Rei - 11

@NGM - 14

@Solaris- 15

Derek

ICON. 

Rei

Lol I just realized that I ranked Togepi the lowest from everyone but that doesn't mean I'm a hater. I like Togepi well enough and appreciate the role it had on the anime a lot. In fact it is the reason why it is standing here in this Top 2015. It is a super cute Pokemon that has managed to gain the fans hearts over the years. It doesn't bother me its presence in this Top 2015 even if is not by any means one of my favorite Pokemon. One thing I love about Togepi is that while being born, it was smart enough to run after Misty and not get stuck with Ash. So wise as such young age :wub:. Anyway congrats to Victoria for having one of her top favorites making the Top 2015 and for also being the only ranker to have her entire Top 3 in the finals 😮

Sola

nty, please don’t win!

#5. Crobat

169.png

Avg: 7.44

Derek - 3

Rei - 4

Sola - 4

Hayden - 4

Nico - 6

Crisis - 6

Steven - 13

Priscilla - 13

Victoria - 14

Derek

I love Zubat and Golbat tbh and even though some of this design doesn't make any sense (Gamefreak was hitting the blunts hard when finalizing the evolution designs in this generations) I love Crobat very much as well. It learns Fly!!!

Rei

Unfortunately here ends the iconic journey for Crobat 😢 Crobat is one of my favorite Gen II Pokemon ever and I was just thrilled that it ended up making the Top 2015. During the last few cycles rounds I thought it was gonna be one of the casualties but I'm so glad that it managed to survive. Crobat is probably in my Top 20~30. It is such a major improvement from Zubat and Golbat and while I don't like when they change the designs too much from their previous evolutions but in the case of Crobat this evolution gave it a 180 change to a very underhweeling line. Crobat is purple which is obviously everyone's favorite feature but also Crobat is a beast and such a valuable team member. I remember last year that I was also rooting very much for Crobat but then James cut it in the 30's but this year it entered the top 20 and defied everyone's expectations by making the Top 10 :wub: Legends only. At some point while I was receiving the rankings Crobat was at #3 but then Steven and Victoria's rankings pretty much lowered its rankings :rolleyes: Thanks to Nico and Megan for ranking it so high cause as Crobat deserves all the love it has gotten this year. 

Sola

after the headache I went through with Zubat in gen 1, I was not enthused to try Crobat in Gen 2.  It has been one of my most used Gen 2 pokemon when I opt to not use Scizor

#4. Tyranitar

248.png248_f2.png

Avg: 7.33

@.Rei - 2

@NGM - 2

@Crisis - 2

@1234567890 - 6

@hayden98 - 8

@Solaris- 10

@goofycilla90 - 10

@FrogLenzen - 12

@Steven_ - 14

Rei

Well I'm finishing this rankdown now and number one will be forever a mystery 🙂 

Tyranitar is one of myfavorite Pokemon from all time. It is in my top 3 Pokemon and there are a lot of times when I think is number one, depending on my mood. I'm a sucker for pseudo-legendaries and Tyranitar is just the best of them. Tyranitar >>>> All of them. Tyranitar stands out in the pseudo group as only one of the two Pokemon that is not a dragon type, the other one being Metagross who I love too. Tyranitar is a pseudo legendary with the dark type which is my favorite type so it's only fitting that he is my favorite one. Tyranitar line is perfect, starting with the adorable Larvitar, the cool Pupitar and finishing with the badass Tyranitar. Tyranitar is a dinosaur like Pokemon whose design is just perfect. My main problem with the designs over time is that sometimes Game Freak put just too much stuff while designing Pokemon, so I appreciate simple designs that just don't need all the unncesary gimmicks and still look great. By looking at Tyranitar you just can tell that he is a badass and a Pokemon that you shouldn't be messing with. Tyranitar like all pseudo legendaries has a total of 600 BST with attack having 134. Tyranitar moveset just take advantage of that 134 attack points with moves that Tyranitar is able to learn while leveling up like Crunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Trash, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. You don't really need any TM cause Tyranitar will just learn whatever he needs to destroy your opponent. Not convinced? Tyranitar has also a mega evolution when using the Tyranitarine, which will increase his BST to 700 just in case you need a little more power. Mega Tyranitar also looks pretty cool. Tyranitar is weak to Fighting, Ground, Bug, Steel, Water, Grass and Fairy, is resistant to Normal, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Fire and Dark, and immune to Psychic. But who cares? Tyranitar is immune to all of your wrong opinions and is Resistant to all of your wrong rankings 😘 . I first encountered Tyranitar when I played Pokemon Gold like a billion year ago and I last encountered Tyranitar a few minutes ago when I turned my switch on and played Shield, and I can honestly say my love for Tyranitar is still the same   :wub: . I love Tyranitar and whoever ranked it below #12 should be ashamed 😘 

Sola

rock star.

Derek

Useful Pokemon. I like that it's not dragon type. 

#3. Blissey

242.png

Avg: 6.78

Sola - 2

Derek - 4

Priscilla - 4

Crisis - 5

Steven - 5

Victoria - 7

Rei - 9

Nico - 10

Hayden - 15

Sola

love me some blissey.  One of my favorite normal types ever! It’s a total special wall, and I have used it lots!

Derek

HP queen. Good evolution design. Why isn't it fairy type? Because then the world would be in Blissey's hands, and they couldn't allow that.

Rei

the surprise of this gen for sure. but I'm happy by their placement here. Blissey has crazy HP, it's a pain in the ass if you have on a gym on Pokemon Go.. and it's design it's pretty great.. We should give Blissey more love now and then