Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

Posted (edited)

3. Chien-Pao

1002.png

Avg: 6.43

@NGM - 1

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Crisis - 4

@.Rei - 5

@Steven_ - 9

@Solaris - 11

@hayden98 - 13

Nico

I'm not ranking the dog pokemon #1 because this (and #2) is so good that there is no other option. I really can't explain how good it is in any other way. 

Derek

Treasures of Ruin are the best. We should have had all of them in the finals. 

Crisis

This thing, to put it lightly, is a straight up beast. It has an elite design and has the stats and movepool to really wreak havoc in battle. The only downside is its typing, but it isn't too big of a deal.

Rei

killer design!! I had the hardest time getting this one from all of the ruins and I really hadn't had the chance to play a lot with it but I'm always drawn to design and it is just great.. also ice and dark??? what is not to love?

Sola

cool design.

#2. Chi-Yu

1004.png

Avg: 5.86

Derek - 1

Nico - 2

Crisis - 5

Rei - 6

Hayden - 6

Sola - 6

Steven - 15

Derek

Treasures of Ruin are the first set of legendaries that I have stanned since like... Kanto birds. Some box art legendaries like Kyogre and Yveltal are great but this is the best otherwise. Their designs are all S-tier. Chi-Yu wins because he's so cute but so sinister. Dark Fire. Signature ability. Shares a signature move with the other ruins. Blue shiny. A fish fire pokemon. Love it.

Nico

Honestly love most of the designs for the Treasures of ruin pokemon, easily up there as some of the better executed legendary designs.

Crisis

Despite this fire fish giving me the most trouble of the Ruined Legendaries while catching it, it's still a great Pokémon. My second favorite of the quartet.

Rei

love its design and along Chien-Pao, top tier Legendaries imo... a fire/dark fish? iconic!

Sola

fishy

#1. Annihilape

979.png

Avg: 5.43

Rei - 1

Crisis - 1

Hayden - 2

Derek - 4

Sola - 7

Steven - 11

Nico - 12

Rei

Easily my favorite mon from this Gen and it's not even close. Love its design and the concept design. I mean getting so angry that your body cannot contain it anymore? I couldn't relate more!!!! 

Crisis

I always thought Primeape was a very underrated Pokémon, but even I knew it could benefit from an evolution. Well, Annihilape is all that and then some. It has some great stats, cool moves to take advantage of same stats, and one of the best designs in the game. The idea of it becoming so angry it transcended into ghost form is a brilliant concept. It was one of my go to Pokémon during my playthrough and is my primary Pokémon during the six star Tera raids. It's one of my favorite overall Pokémon and barely edged out Kingambit as my favorite Gen IX Pokémon.

Hayden

Awesome type combination. Funny nod to Primeape’s lore. Being my first shiny of SV. Easy recipe for high ranking.

Derek

Kanto Pokemon still getting evolutions is amazing. Keep it up.

Sola

one of the best pokemon from this generation and a great way to update a gen 1 pokemon.

Nico

Here for giving forgotten pokemon a chance, underwhelmed by its design tho

Edited by .Rei
  • Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (Winner Posted)
  • 2 weeks later...

I imagine the upcoming game will be part of Gen IX, but it doesn't really make sense to do a new mini-round for just a couple mon's.

My original idea was to finish all of this with a Speed Rankdown with all the top 15 plus the most robbed, but I think the Pokemon Rankdown game has already lost steam, so this is probably the end

triste.gif